Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
That possibly adds to the confusion then. I know I don't have the same program as most of them so I can't use them either. I can't remember programs off the top of my head but I think Mel's tutorial at least should still work in your program. I haven't seen anything you've made but if you're struggling but want to keep trying you could attempt to focus on one area at a time to see if you can master that. So for example first up focus on the cutting/placement & get that right, then work on the backgrounds, ect. I'm sure your previous mentor would be able to guide you through that or I could assign you to a new one if you'd like?
Yeah that's possible and I use Photoshop CC 2017 so I don't know if any of those are made with that program or not and I do know how to cut out people and all that, but it's harder because they are smaller banners and that's not what I'm used to making if that makes any sense. As for assigning a new mentor I didn't realize I could do that. Maybe that would be better, but I don't know let me think about it. If I do get assigned a new mentor could you possibly pair me up with one who uses the same program as me maybe that would help me better figuring it all out.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Of course, let me know what you decide

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Of course, let me know what you decide
Well I thought about it and maybe I do need a new mentor and make sure they use the same program as I do. Although I don't know who does that's a mentor. By the way I just noticed your username change, Chelle! I like it.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No matter the version of photoshop, most of the tutorials for them should work.

When I was on GT a few years back I had Photoshop Elements 2006 and now I use photoshop 2017. The tutorials are just as useful.
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
No matter the version of photoshop, most of the tutorials for them should work.

When I was on GT a few years back I had Photoshop Elements 2006 and now I use photoshop 2017. The tutorials are just as useful.
Well me and tutorials don't mix very well so that's why I requested someone who possibly has the same program as me as a new mentor that's why I don't look/use many tutorials for things because they are so confusing to me a lot of the times. I don't know why I don't do well with tutorials I just don't no matter what they are.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They require knowing how to make changes though if you don't have the exact program, which is what I meant Millie. I can do what they say, but can't follow them exactly or use the same features. They're useful, but its far easier to work with something & someone who has the same program so can tell you what tools to use & where to look for things, ect.

That & I already knew that Erin & tutorials didn't always mix

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Makes sense Chelle.
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They require knowing how to make changes though if you don't have the exact program, which is what I meant Millie. I can do what they say, but can't follow them exactly or use the same features. They're useful, but its far easier to work with something & someone who has the same program so can tell you what tools to use & where to look for things, ect.

That & I already knew that Erin & tutorials didn't always mix
Yes exactly what I mean Chelle & oh okay I wasn't sure if you knew or not, but glad you know.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Graphics Team

I tried looking at tutorials too but it overwhelmed me. I was however looking at all at the same time which may not have helped. I think I may have figured some things out when it comes to the graphics the team does but there is no way I could do all that they do. If there was more hours in the day or days in the week then perhaps it may be easier to sit down and learn it all and make the graphics but even then probably not.

Chelle did you ever find me a new mentor?
Old 09-08-2018, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLily (View Post)
I tried looking at tutorials too but it overwhelmed me. I was however looking at all at the same time which may not have helped. I think I may have figured some things out when it comes to the graphics the team does but there is no way I could do all that they do. If there was more hours in the day or days in the week then perhaps it may be easier to sit down and learn it all and make the graphics but even then probably not.
Yeah now that I think about it I guess I'm overwhelmed too on top of it all..which isn't fun either. banners are really the only thing I cannot make everything else I'm pretty good at making now that I've had more practice.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s90sIsTheBest (View Post)
Yes exactly what I mean Chelle & oh okay I wasn't sure if you knew or not, but glad you know.
I don't know if I knew exactly or had just gathered it from our PMs it seemed familiar when I read it in your post though

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLily (View Post)
If there was more hours in the day or days in the week then perhaps it may be easier to sit down and learn it all and make the graphics but even then probably not.

Chelle did you ever find me a new mentor?
You just need to stop studying things then Mimica, that'd give you more hours in the day
Nope I didn't, its been decided that you're stuck with me . It makes sense in my head as I seem to be the one for 'whenever you want to send me something, I'm here, even if its like 6 months later'

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know if I knew exactly or had just gathered it from our PMs it seemed familiar when I read it in your post though
Well I'm just glad you mentioned that you knew so I guess I really didn't need to say it so sorry about that.

I hope you can find me a new mentor then.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It will take a little bit but I'm sure I'll find you one, I need to double check what program those who have said they will be mentors use

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It will take a little bit but I'm sure I'll find you one, I need to double check what program those who have said they will be mentors use
okay well no rush.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Graphics Team

It is easy to be or become overwhelmed, and I agree it is not fun to feel that way.
Quote:
You just need to stop studying things then Mimica, that'd give you more hours in the day
Nope I didn't, its been decided that you're stuck with me . It makes sense in my head as I seem to be the one for 'whenever you want to send me something, I'm here, even if its like 6 months later'
I cannot help myself. There is knowledge in the world and I would like to obtain it all and understand the human brain and what makes people who they are and make the choices they make.
That is fine too. It could be another six months before I consider trying again too.