Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I tried my hand at another TV Show banner, this time with a larger cast.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No comments on that last one I posted?
Old 02-17-2016, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

I am sorry, I never got a notification that there was a new post in here.

You are still testing the larger graphic instead of a smaller one .

The base colour would be too bright and harsh on the eyes. That '70s Show is hard because bright colours fit the show, but to be easier on the eyes to look at it needs some lighter shades to balance it out. The logo is hard to use and personally I would recommend it being broken up so it is all on one line so it can be more visible and readable. Sometimes we find that logos need to be edited like that unfortunately. Some of the skintones could match more and I would alter the placement a little bit so those on the sides are lower than the highest characters in the middle. I do like how you made it all work and come together though. The background could be a little more interesting, however with a larger cast you can cover most of that up so it does not matter as much. With that one I would take the eraser brush, a fancy brush which has some kind of pattern in it and take away little pieces of the top layer so the other colours come through. You could possibly do that with both the purple and pink layers so some of the yellow comes through.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No worries!

Thanks for all the tips. I will keep those in mind and keep at it!
Old 02-21-2016, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know you say you don't like to use Red, but it's a part of the show so it was sort of a weird one...

Old 02-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Millie Mae when you are checking if the graphic blends do it with a smaller picture, not a larger one. For example if I were to check your graphic I would actually look at this not what you posted:

(And when you look at it that way you can see that it does not blend at the bottom but I will get to that part later in this post).

I would also recommend not adding the text until after you resized the graphic. Did you try using the logo or is that one of the logos for the show?

There are a few things I can see in this graphic which I already mentioned on your previous one; such as erasing parts of the other layers in your background so the other colours come through. You also should erase the people wherever they appear below the text.

When it comes to your backgrounds I have found some of your previous ones to be more interesting than these. Right now, although you have other colours in the background, the main one which comes through is the top layer (so red in the RBS graphic).
Old 02-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really bold and dark colors are harsh on the eyes. The red in the blend should work. Not sure about the font used. Did you look for the series logo? The bottom needs more blending and if you move the font down so half is on the picture and half is on the base it should work.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 02-21-2016, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
Millie Mae when you are checking if the graphic blends do it with a smaller picture, not a larger one. For example if I were to check your graphic I would actually look at this not what you posted:

http://i68.tinypic.com/232kwj.jpg

(And when you look at it that way you can see that it does not blend at the bottom but I will get to that part later in this post).

I would also recommend not adding the text until after you resized the graphic. Did you try using the logo or is that one of the logos for the show?

There are a few things I can see in this graphic which I already mentioned on your previous one; such as erasing parts of the other layers in your background so the other colours come through. You also should erase the people wherever they appear below the text.

When it comes to your backgrounds I have found some of your previous ones to be more interesting than these. Right now, although you have other colours in the background, the main one which comes through is the top layer (so red in the RBS graphic).
I didn't realize that checking it in the smaller version with the larger canvas size was preferred and would show more errors if there were to clean up. Like you posted, i didn't see that line in my editing, so thanks again for using a graphic as an example to show me!

It's not a show logo, the logos I did find were of the same font and in red.

The reason for lack of a better background on this one is mostly because of the use of the red, I thought it would be too much to add too much the whole less is more idea.

But with your comments in mind, I will try again! Thanks so much guys!
Old 02-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

That is what I figured as I had tried to explain that to you before but using one of your graphics I thought might make it clearer. I am glad you understand it better now.

I would always try using the logo instead.

For the background it is not so much about adding more as if the red was not as solid some of the blue would come through more so you would see it better and it would add more interest to the background as you would see more colour than just the one shade of red and a tiny little bit of blue around the edges.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahh okay I'm getting it, so using a different brush so the 'red' isn't so solid and the colours sort of blend more rather than obvious layers.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

That sounds right to me. Sometimes I find erasing parts to help bring the other colours through works as well.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will work on something new soon. Taking a break!
Old 02-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a new one:

Edit: Sorry for the DP.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I really like it I think you should try and get some more colours come into the background. Maybe some lighter blues and reds? The skin colours aren't matching.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

I thought you were taking a break . I also should learn to respond to all of your posts so you stop responding to yourself.

Have you saved the PSD for that one? I would love to see you work some more on it using An's tips as the graphic is looking really good and I want to see it look even better.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread