Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

While I understand the desire to try with something you love (and recommend it) if you are not working with HQ pictures then you are disadvantaging yourself. They reduce the overall quality of the graphic.

Otherwise for a first try those are really good and while there are minor things which we would change those are really good for a first try .

To add to what Catia has already said; I would make your backgrounds a little more interesting and stand out some more (especially the blue one). Make sure you cannot see any of the people under the text and that the font and font colour is readable (the second one is hard to read). I would also move the text on the first one more to the right so it is not as close to the graphic edge. The top of the blue one cuts off and I believe the right corner of it does as well.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love how the red one turned out in the end..

Nothing to add what's already said.. hope you'll try again

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Catia: no, it's not from a Photoshoot

I will try to make another one of Emilia Clarke today (I believe she has good hq pics, right?) and fix those of Megan with your suggestions I started with Megan pics because I wasn't even sure if it's going to work and needed some motivation lol

Thank you all for your sincere comments

Holly thanks for motivating me and you were right.. it's actually fun too
Old 02-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Emilia has quite a few good ones (IMO).

I love that you tried it, Issi. And it looks good for the first try.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you Yvonne

I changed the "red" one a little bit.. as you suggested I made the last pic a lil bit bigger and changed it with the one in the middle, I know that it's smaller than the one on the left now but the problem with that pic that's now in the middle is that I made it bigger than the original actually is so the quality is worse now I hope the background is a little more interesting now with the red color

also is the text better to read now or worse?

and here two new ones of Ashley and Emilia

Old 02-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

For the Megan one, I would change the font colour as it is so hard to read. Plus, we usually don't use red. Also, I would move the middle and right picture up a bit as they are lower than the picture on the right. The middle picture should be larger than the one on the right. But either from that I think it look good

The Ashley banner, for the largest picture on the left, do you have another picture you could use as the arms makes it harder to see her. Also the other pictures should be a little bit bigger.

I really like the Emilie banner. However, I would choose a lighter green for the backdrop because the green you have there is just too dark. I would probably choose pictures were she is facing straight on as her head seems to be on the side the two pictures on the right and left. Also, the pictures all seem to be the same size.

For all of your banners, I think you should use a bit more colours in the background just to make it more interesting.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

-sorry double post-
Old 02-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those look really good Issi! Nice work!
Old 02-11-2016, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I tried another TV Show banner, I do find these are more difficult to lay it on me!

EDIT: Sorry for the DP!
Old 02-11-2016, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

I like that Millie Mae; it is really good and I can see how you have taken our tips and advice into consideration. How does the blending look on a larger canvas?

Issi have you looked at Jen's Tips? There is a section in there which talks about which colours to use. While your Megan one has a nice soft base which would be really easy on the eyes the graphic needs others shades than just red as otherwise the red would be too harsh on the eyes. Then the colours used in both of the other graphics would become harsh to look at for long periods of time. It is best to stick to light shades and dark shades and always use a light colour for the base as otherwise the board will be too dark.

Although your backgrounds are a little more interesting they need to fill the graphic more; especially the Ashley one. As Ann said, avoid the pictures with arms as they make things awkward; if you have to use them I would recommend using them on a smaller picture not the largest. Ideally we want to see the celebrity's face so the pictures should be larger; again especially on the Ashley one.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
I like that Millie Mae; it is really good and I can see how you have taken our tips and advice into consideration. How does the blending look on a larger canvas?
Thank You!

Here's the larger.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow Millie Mae, I'm so impressed. It really shows that you've been taking our advice into consideration and that banner gorgeous. I would just blend it out more on the right side (you can see the yellow backdrop.

Issi, I agree with what's been said. The banners are great for your first and second attempts. I think that the Emilia banner is the closest to what we are looking for. I'd just change the background color to a lighter one and also change the size of the middle picture and the picture on the right. Because the middle picture looks like the biggest one, and the one on the right looks smaller in comparison.

i love you. ♡
Old 02-11-2016, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Rora! It's the the only correction so far! Thanks for pointing it out though!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the B99 header . The Emilia Clarke would look stunning with a light coral base.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 02-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for your feedback going to try and fix them soon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread