Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2016, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is this one better? I changed up the color and a little of the background. The name is darker, and I smoothed out the largest image.

Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 01-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

The only thing I would change would be putting the middle picture a bit more towards the right one as now there's less space between left-middle than middle-right. But for the rest it looks great!
Old 01-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
I size them using the drop down menu, "Image Size".
When you resize the pictures is 'constrain proportions' checked?

Other than this image size and picture quality 'issue' with Millie Mae's I love what you are both doing and feel you could apply if you are interested. I would recommend creating two new graphics which we have not provided tips on in here to submit if you do apply. It is good for us to see what you do with the tips you received in the past on something you have worked on completely yourself and not checked with us already on.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
When you resize the pictures is 'constrain proportions' checked?

Other than this image size and picture quality 'issue' with Millie Mae's I love what you are both doing and feel you could apply if you are interested. I would recommend creating two new graphics which we have not provided tips on in here to submit if you do apply. It is good for us to see what you do with the tips you received in the past on something you have worked on completely yourself and not checked with us already on.
Yes 'constrain proportions' is checked.

But I do also use the box arrows to adjust on the art as needed. For example, I did a screen shot of the sizers I use, circled in red.

I'd be happy to reapply! Thanks for the opportunity. Just to clarify though, submissions are preferred to be one of a Celebrity and one of a TV show correct?
Old 01-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

That is what I presumed. I have no idea why the pictures would look the way they do then.

Yes we would like to see one celebrity (actor/actress or music artist) and one television show, preferably with one of them using pictures from different photoshoots to see how well you match skintones. Neither graphic has to be for a board which exists on .
Old 01-25-2016, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Excellent, thanks for clarifying Rae!
Old 01-27-2016, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's what I thougth too Millie..

It's okay to chagne your picture after you added it to the banner, but try not to use those box arrows.. Instead use the % in the top of your screen same % on width and Heigth.. then they will be perfect

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-27-2016, 03:01 AM
Elite Fan

You can use the box arrows, just as long as it is the corners not the sides and the right function is checked (which I forget the name of right now but Millie Mae and I discussed it in another thread as I was helping her find it). I always use the boxes, never percentages or anything like that. It would be far too fiddly to do that as I believe I would still have to click those boxes to make the percentages show up on mine but to be honest I could be wrong as I do not pay attention to that section.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah I never knew that there was such an option so I always check with the percentage above that works too

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-27-2016, 03:08 AM
Elite Fan

It may not be in your program or it may be called something else but whatever it was check the photoshop thread on here and Millie Mae and I were discussing it in there. There is something which makes it so when you resize from the corners it all stays in proportion. It possibly is still called constrain proportions, I have no idea. (Once it is checked I do not pay attention to it either as it stays checked so I do not need to worry about it ).
Old 01-27-2016, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, I will toally check that out

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some tips, I usually adjust the size with the arrows (like in the capture above) however, when I do that I hold down shift while dragging down the picture to the size I want. This way the proportion stay the same and you scale down the image without stretching it out.

i love you. ♡
Old 01-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
Some tips, I usually adjust the size with the arrows (like in the capture above) however, when I do that I hold down shift while dragging down the picture to the size I want. This way the proportion stay the same and you scale down the image without stretching it out.
Thanks for that, I will try that!

It could be that my Photoshop is CC 2014 so things have been moved around in the drop menu options and renamed.

I'm working on submissions, so get ready!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
It may not be in your program or it may be called something else but whatever it was check the photoshop thread on here and Millie Mae and I were discussing it in there. There is something which makes it so when you resize from the corners it all stays in proportion. It possibly is still called constrain proportions, I have no idea. (Once it is checked I do not pay attention to it either as it stays checked so I do not need to worry about it ).
I used Adobe PS CS6. For me it is called "Show Transform Controls". It appears once I click on the very first icon in my tool bar which is the select, or arrow tool. This will create a bar at the top, and you check the Show Transform Controls, and it allows you to size the image without distorting the images. If anyone needs a screenshot, I can provide it.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 01-27-2016, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ That just shows the controls. But the tip for pressing shift worked like a charm!

Thanks for that!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top