Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Graphic Hints and Tips #223

I realized that I explained something on pg. 11 of the last thread, so I hope it's OK to open this [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My last post;

Quote:
Originally posted by Jer][choGirl:
<STRONG>Can anyone tell me how to flood fill a preset shape in PSP--Im having alot of trouble.</STRONG>
I know you already got an answer for this, but another way to fill preset shapes is to simply set the "Fill" colour to the colour you want, and then draw the shape [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] By changing the "Stroke" colour you get another colour for the border.

Quote:
Originally posted by swedish fan:
<STRONG>Hello everybody.

I've been trying to make fan arts that looks like these:

but I don't know how I can get the pictures to look like that. What I mean is I don't want to paste a bunch of pics next to eachother, I want it to look like one single picture. Like those wallpapers.

Should I use the Clone Brush??</STRONG>
No, you shouldn't - you blend pics together to make it look like that. There are at least two ways of doing this, but I like this way;

This would be a little banner:
- Open two pics, with the same heigth
- Then take a new image, I always use white background and size a bit taller and wider than the pics (width would be combined - if you want the pics after each other).
- Paste the first picture as a new layer on the white image. Then paste the second pic on the white image, also as a new layer, but a bit on top of the first picture.
- Now take the eraser brush, make sure it's not too huge and opacity isn't set on too much - somewhere around 40-50 is usually good - and erase the parts you want gone. Make sure you have the right layer chosen - i.e, when you want to erase something from the first pic, click on it first, and vice versa.
Unless there's the other pic underneath the white colour will shine through while erasing, this is why the pics should be pasted a bit on top of each other. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh dear, I hope that made some sense to you! I have never tried to explain this at 3 am before, so just scream if you need to clarify anything [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But I think you'll be fine, just try and see what you come up with! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The world is not black-and-white. Nothing is simple.
- annuscka - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Total Fan

Thank you so much for the help. It finally worked [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Sure, I'm glad it worked! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Your name tells me that we probably speak the same language, but I'm glad I managed to explain it somewhat properly in English, at 3 am [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - annuscka -:
<STRONG>Sure, I'm glad it worked! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Your name tells me that we probably speak the same language, but I'm glad I managed to explain it somewhat properly in English, at 3 am [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Wow. Well your English is perfect.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by swedish fan:
<STRONG>

Wow. Well your English is perfect.</STRONG>
No, it's not, but thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I have just downloaded PSP8 and have very little idea what to do now,is there any step by step guides you could reccomend?

Ell xxx
Old 01-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Loyal Fan

In Paint Shop Pro 7 how do I keep the selection outline in a final image, like the layout here? I'd like to have a part of my image outlined like that and I can't figure out how to do it. Help would be much appreciated. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

After you have what you want to be selected selected, just take a screen shot [PrintScreen], and crop what you want to stay in.
me too.
Mely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Anyone know how to get/make TV box custom shapes for PSP? I've only seen a PS set..
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Steph, you mean like a rectangle with rounded off edges? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] There's a preset shape for that in PSP, called rounded rectangle. *shrugs* That's what I've always used. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-12-2004: Message edited It Was You ]

"In my life, there is only one person..." - Vaughn
It Was You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi,

Don't know if I should ask here or on another thread but I have a little problem with PSP8.

It used to work but now when I use brushes, I can't draw only one brush stroke. I have to drag my brush around the pic and therefore it draws a few strokes in various directions instead of only one: I mean I have a trail of brush strokes and not one single brush stroke. Don't know how to explain clearly though.

Anyway, I have probably changed something in the configuration without knowing it and I've been trying to fix it for a few weeks now but I can't find how [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . So could someone tell me how I could fix it pleeease?

Thanks a lot in advance [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Devon Gummersall-online
ru-lost
FrenchMajandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

when you go to the area where you choose the size of the brush, make sure the "spacing" is around 20 - 25.
n e r b l e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:03 AM
New Fan

Hey [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

There's an effect in PSP called 'beautify skin' and I was wondering if the same effect could be achieved in PS?
*whiteflag* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FrenchMajandra:
<STRONG>Hi,

Don't know if I should ask here or on another thread but I have a little problem with PSP8.

It used to work but now when I use brushes, I can't draw only one brush stroke. I have to drag my brush around the pic and therefore it draws a few strokes in various directions instead of only one: I mean I have a trail of brush strokes and not one single brush stroke. Don't know how to explain clearly though.

Anyway, I have probably changed something in the configuration without knowing it and I've been trying to fix it for a few weeks now but I can't find how [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . So could someone tell me how I could fix it pleeease?

Thanks a lot in advance [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
From what you are describing, I *think* I know what you are talking about. Go to:
View&gt;&gt;Palette&gt;&gt;Brush Variance

From there, the Brush Variance palette should pop up on the right--scroll through the options and set the rotation option to '0'
Vacate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *whiteflag*:
<STRONG>Hey [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

There's an effect in PSP called 'beautify skin' and I was wondering if the same effect could be achieved in PS?</STRONG>
there's two ways to do it. you can go to effects, distory and diffuse glow and play around with the settings.

the other way is to create a duplicate layer and blur the top layer, use either soft light or screen or overlay as the blending mode. then change the opacity (ie the percent of what shows through).
n e r b l e is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top