Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 10:33 PM
New Fan

Ceiling fan

A ceiling fan is a device suspended from the ceiling of a room, which employs hub-mounted rotating paddles to circulate air in order to produce a cooling or destratification effect. Most ceiling fans can be used in two different ways; that is, most fans have a mechanism, commonly an electrical switch, for reversing the direction in which the blades rotate. In summer, when the fan's direction of rotation is set so that air is blown downward, the breeze created by a ceiling fan speeds the evaporation of sweat on human skin, which is experienced as a cooling effect. In winter, buildings in colder climates are usually heated. Air naturally stratifies — that is, warmer air rises to the ceiling while cooler air sinks to the floor.
---------------------------
Angelinmathew
Old 07-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Hi there angelinmathew

Thanks for the biology lesson! I hope that you can understand that this is not the appropriate board to post this and for that reason I am going to close this thread. Perhaps I can direct you to the Off-Topic board where you may be able to find a place to post this. Thank you for understanding.

BTW, welcome to !
Closed Thread   Post New Thread