Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chanie:
<STRONG>Whenever I try to apply a "Hue and Cry" effect (from Flaming Pear) to an art, it says "The plug-in generated a general protection fault." Does anyone know what this means/how I can make it work? I tried deleting it and re-downloading it, it's still doing that. The rest of the filters I downloaded from Flaming Pear are working, but of course the one I really wanted to use won't work. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Did you make sure to unzip all the folders that come with the Hue and Cry filter? It has a folder with presets and another with images. You'll probably want to make a sub folder than you can put those 2 folders and the 8bf file in that to seperate it from the other filters [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Vincent K. Fans
Old 06-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

another thing that you can try is that you can also clean out your temp files in your computer's temp folder.

apparently from time to time the various flaming pears cause a "blockage" sending up those messages in PS [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Nauthannem i ned ol reniannen.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have added a couple new brush sites to the main, first post. Here is a list of the new sites.

Paint Shop Pro
AV-Mafia Brushes
Classic.tere-art
Dali Designs
Emotion-Sick Brushes

Photoshop
Aurora
Brush Fed
Cirratus Brushes
Classic.tere-art
Creative Chaos
Forbidden-Fire Brushes
Secret Loft
Truely-Sarah Brushes
Wing Gleam

[ 06-19-2003: Message edited Isabel_S ]
Old 06-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Absolute Fan

I think it's safe to say Isabel is a brush whore [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Pretty Pictures
Old 06-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Labrynth:
<STRONG>I think it's safe to say Isabel is a brush whore [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yep, I sure am! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Here are some new filter sites...
Auto FX Filters
Deep Space
Human Software
Plugins.com
Xao Tools

[ 06-19-2003: Message edited Isabel_S ]
Old 06-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Found these links sitting around in a file aptly called brush URLs. Dunno if they work anymore, if so Isabel can add them to her list. I'm assuming they're all APS since that's what I use typically...

The City: http://www.the-city.de.vu/

Misguided Buddha: http://redmoonstudios.com/buddha/index2.html

Elizabeth the Painter: http://kathrynmerteuil.free.fr/brushes/#

Truly Sarah: http://truly-sarah.com

Tere's X Files fan Art: http://tere-art.com/index2.html

paintedeyes.org: http://www.paintedeyes.org/brushes/

[ 06-19-2003: Message edited Labrynth ]

Pretty Pictures
Old 06-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

LOL, I know I'm a total brush whore. Thanks for the link to Truly Sarah! Now I have to start sorting what all I have because it's taking a couple of minutes to load the brushes I have already [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

eta: oh rats, the TS brushes didn't work in PSP. And just when I thought I found some beautiful swirls. I really need to consider PS Elements or something.

[ 06-19-2003: Message edited Taarna ]

Vincent K. Fans
Old 06-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Links to lots of brushes... haven't gone thru any of them...
http://www.ringsurf.com/netring?ring...es;action=list

Pretty Pictures
Old 06-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys! ::waves::

I need a little help, please.

I'm looking for the site that I downloaded some brushes from. I thought the site was Digital Beauty, but when I went to the link I had it wasn't there. But I need to find the site I downloaded these butterflies from in order to give them credit.

Thank you!

~Nichole~
Old 06-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Nichole, are you sure that's a brush and not a filter? One of the APS filters does that...

Ok folks, seriously trying to organize brushes and need some help. I have brushes beginning with BO or B0, TS and hh.net that I don't know where they came from. Anyone have any ideas? They don't seem to appear in any of th elinks I have.

Also, anyone know where the brushes like god spell decay, inked cocaine etc came from?

[ 06-20-2003: Message edited Labrynth ]

Pretty Pictures
Old 06-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Labrynth:
<STRONG>Ok folks, seriously trying to organize brushes and need some help. I have brushes beginning with BO or B0, TS and hh.net that I don't know where they came from. Anyone have any ideas? They don't seem to appear in any of th elinks I have.

Also, anyone know where the brushes like god spell decay, inked cocaine etc came from?
</STRONG>

TS sounds like Truly Sarah, I did notice all of hers start with that. Not sure on the others.

If you find out about those last ones you mentioned (cool names!) please post where [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Vincent K. Fans
Old 06-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by angelgazing:
<STRONG>
I'm looking for the site that I downloaded some brushes from. I thought the site was Digital Beauty, but when I went to the link I had it wasn't there. But I need to find the site I downloaded these butterflies from in order to give them credit.</STRONG>
If you can't figure out where you go the brushes from, what you can do is add a disclaimer to your links page or whatever and say you forget where you got some brushes from, but if anyone notices that you have used theirs, to e-mail you. I saw it on someone's site and thought it was a good idea.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Labrynth, the tiles were a filter, but the butterflies are a brush and I can't for the life of me remember where I got 'em. :\

I am pretty sure the sets starting iwth BO came from www.forbidden-fire.net/brushes though?

Chanie, thanks so much for the suggestion. I think I may just have to go with it. Thanks again!

~Nichole~
Old 06-21-2003, 02:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't verify this by testing them, but the butterfly ones look like they're also from Truly Sarah - the ones called "teenybutts" are all butterfly brushes.

Vincent K. Fans
Old 06-21-2003, 07:47 AM
Absolute Fan

angelgazing... ahhh, see now logic would dictate I'd know yu meant the butterflies and not the tiles. *shrug* NEver said I was smart. Nocturna has some butterfly ones as well, but I don't know whichones are which to be honest.

Hmm, don't remember jumping thru the hoops at forbiddenfires.net, but I guess I might have.

And yeah, I always put something on my thank yous page. I can't remember everything. Only human. Happy to give credit where credit is due.

Pretty Pictures
Closed Thread   Post New Thread