Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Updated!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure where to post this question, as it has to do with Photobucket and how I upload and share my art.

But...

I noticed on my photobucket this evening that it says that I have "Reached the free 10BG bandwidth limit"

Then it has a tab to click, "Get unlimited bandwidth". Well I'm not paying, but under that it says "Your bandwidth limit will reset in 24 days."

I don't understand what that means.

If it resets, does that mean everything I've posted in the universe of will not work?

Second question:

Is there a better site to not have to worry about that?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not too sure about how to answer questions to Photobucket as I don't have one anymore. I do assume that it has to do with the mass amount of images you upload. Concerning other websites, I do recommend imageshack or tinypic.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

I have heard about imageshack and tiny pic. I will take a look at those! Thanks Tina!

Is there a thread where I could repost that question and someone might know??
Old 08-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Ann (View Post)
I noticed on my photobucket this evening that it says that I have "Reached the free 10BG bandwidth limit"

Then it has a tab to click, "Get unlimited bandwidth". Well I'm not paying, but under that it says "Your bandwidth limit will reset in 24 days."

I don't understand what that means.

If it resets, does that mean everything I've posted in the universe of will not work?
It means for the next twenty four days it is unlikely that your images will show up. Photobucket allows every free user a 10GB per month bandwidth limit and if you have reached or passed that amount your images get replaced by an image with a message like that on it. Your images are not going to go anywhere. As far as I am aware, in twenty four days (less now) everything will be working fine and go back to normal. It is possible that since you upload such a large amount of graphics each month and we are all viewing them in your thread and anywhere else you post them that you have reached the limit quite easily, but I am not sure. There are a couple of help topics on Photobucket which try to explain it, for example this one. If you post your arts in multiple locations around , perhaps instead of reposting them you could just post them in your art thread on this board and then link to the post/s with them in it elsewhere around the site. That may make it less likely for you to reach the bandwidth limit each month as users are not viewing your images every time they load a page they are posted on unless they are in your art thread. Does that make sense?
Old 08-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarღRose (View Post)
It means for the next twenty four days it is unlikely that your images will show up. Photobucket allows every free user a 10GB per month bandwidth limit and if you have reached or passed that amount your images get replaced by an image with a message like that on it. Your images are not going to go anywhere. As far as I am aware, in twenty four days (less now) everything will be working fine and go back to normal. It is possible that since you upload such a large amount of graphics each month and we are all viewing them in your thread and anywhere else you post them that you have reached the limit quite easily, but I am not sure. There are a couple of help topics on Photobucket which try to explain it, for example this one. If you post your arts in multiple locations around , perhaps instead of reposting them you could just post them in your art thread on this board and then link to the post/s with them in it elsewhere around the site. That may make it less likely for you to reach the bandwidth limit each month as users are not viewing your images every time they load a page they are posted on unless they are in your art thread. Does that make sense?
Thank you!

I upload them to photo bucket, post them on my tumbler and then post on the thread on with a some sample images...
Old 08-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f51/ride-lig...ruel-63101825/
Old 08-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Updated!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the lightning (View Post)
Subscribed to your thread!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for updating Theresa! Courtz.

I've updated the OP w/ http://www.fanforum.com/f51/sydneys-...e%5D-63101811/

We have 45 personal threads now.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome count for the personal Threads!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f51/saras-ar.../#post71418077