Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Rora a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Rora

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-15-2018, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Chelle this is crazy and so so so exciting

I've already looked for stuff and here you go: I made a selection of
A. PHOTOSHOOT
Seventeen photoshoot seems easier to work with because a lot of option of pictures to choose from
Buzzfeed portrait
Seventeen magazine

B. COLORS
We love red, this is not something new to you guys, we've always asked for red (Tar and I), so we choose a few red stuff
colorcollect (my fav)
colorslice (second fav)
Adoorhues

We're not many posters so it won't be a lot of people to give their opinion but everyone should be able to share their opinion on this so guys feel free to tell us what you'd like the board to be
Old 07-15-2018, 11:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Seventeen also has better colouring & angles, but so many hands . But there's a number of pictures in the shoot so should be able to work around them

We do know you like red, just as you know why we avoid it but enough said about that . Your last choice is a straight up no as its all harsh shades. With your first (your fav) I presume you wouldn't want the focus to be green & we'd be looking at the brown & green shades for the majority of the colours to avoid things being too harsh. The second one is better but it'll turn out pink so not sure if you want that either? Please know that I am trying to work with you here, not trying to shoot down your ideas, but perhaps look at colour schemes of softer shades you do like. Then we can look into the reds (which we can use from the schemes you've linked - particularly ones from your first choice) to add in minor areas, possibly some highlight areas. Unless you'd be happy for us to focus on brown shades or pink & brown with the red used in small areas? Colours which can work with red: green, brown, blue, pink... sometimes purple, especially if you went with a red which is more on the pink side...

ETA: both of these could look good with red, particularly the first one. But I have a feeling you don't like pink or green (or at least the later)? They'd work well with the reds from your first suggestion I think though if you do like them . Risking pink again here but this is more on the red side & could work perfectly for you. Its soft enough to not be harsh, but more on the red side than pink so could make you feel more like you've got a redish board. Then easy enough to make red highlights. Don't know how you'd feel about that one either. Otherwise you could look at something more on the orange side? Maybe something like this (ignore the top two colours, unless you like them)? It'll be more bright, shouldn't be too harsh, & still works with red (probably more with the second one)

ETA2: Still looking at other ideas, I looked through some of the red schemes on the Design Seeds website... I don't know if you like any of them?
Colour View (1)
Colour View (2)
Colour Fall (may still be harsh)
Colour Collage
Colour Flora
Colour Slice (again I'd be concerned about harshness)
Colour Harvest
A Door Hues
A Door Colour (you may want to add red to this)

I don't know. Your first/fav suggestion works... I'm just concerned it won't be what you're hoping it'll be as we will focus on those softer colours so your colour scheme would turn out more brown/green with hints of red. I want to be able to work with you guys to have a colour scheme which you'll be happy with, not have you hoping for one thing which then may not turn out as you hope. But if it being more brown/green sounds ok to you then we'll go with that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay

Chelle, I personally like these schemes your posted:
https://www.design-seeds.com/seasons/autumn/color-fall/
https://www.design-seeds.com/studio-...lor-collage-9/
https://www.design-seeds.com/seasons...-door-color-3/

I hate green with a fiery passion And as you can see I love red-ish tones. I really like the seventeen shoot because there's a lot to choose from. The pics where she's wearing red doesn't have the hands all over the place and neither does the ones where she's wearing the black and white top, maybe those would be the best to go with?
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like this one (except the first two color on top)

I like blue/red together but i don't think the blue could go for Camila i don't know i like it but i'm not sure how it would fit together
I like the first two colors of this one

and this one is good too except the last two colors

I think a combo of beige/light yellow as a base with the red we suggested could be a good option

I like both photoshoot i posted but i agree that it's easier with the seventeen photoshoot bc it has a lot of options
Old 07-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I thought that was the case with green which was also why i was concerned about your suggestion. Going by those you've said you like we may be able to combine some things? Maybe even go with peach/beige/yellow/orange shades with highlights of blue & red? Or even a blue base with the peach/yellow/oranges for the board & red highlights? It'd be unique & easy on the eyes. A blue base should make a nice contrast to the more harsher other colours to help reduce their harshness. While also being a colour so nicer for some than beige

I can put together a colour scheme idea after work this afternoon if you'd like

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2018, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I made these combo, don't know what you think about it Tar?

I tried mixing lighter color with one brighter color (red), i like the tone of the red bars over supergirl, i think it gives a pop to the page, not a fan of pink so please no pink for me and for Tar no green (we're picky lol)
Old 07-16-2018, 11:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think your last one would be too bright, we'd need to add another orange or yellow shade in probably & possibly darken the red

Do you mind if I still put together my colour scheme thoughts for suggestion too?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2018, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

you can Chelle
Old 07-17-2018, 03:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sorry for a delay

I know, lots of circles . Any of the six in the top left corner ones could be used as a base. Then all the peach/orange/yellow shades can be used for the board. If you wanted to suggest/request red for the bars I'd recommend any from the fourth column (maybe the middle two? I'd say second down would be the most red, but third down would be easier on the eyes possibly). Third down could work as a possibility for links if Mel can make that work, or alternatively the last one in that row or the dark blue. Of course it'd all depend on what Mel finds works best with the graphic & will be easy on the eyes. Then I'd say the 3 reds on the right could be possibilities for buttons. We might be able to find a middle ground between those three & the dark shades in the fourth column for the bars too. So contrasts between soft & dark but still inclusive of red against our will

Looking at them - the third column could make a good combo for your board (& looks like its close to your top colours too Eme). Then up to you if you wanted to include blue as well. Then a combination of reds for highlights (buttons, maybe links) & maybe a dark burnt orange sort of shade for bars? If you wanted blue that could be as the background &/or links maybe?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-17-2018, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh I really like that Chelle! Even though I'm not a huge blue fan for Camila, some of those look grey-ish which I like, looks very neutral and then the other colors stand out. And I really like the dark burnt orange color you suggested for the bars.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks Chelle

I really like these one from your scheme.
the second column looks too pink for my linking and and the last line is not my fav but

I'd love to have the base with the color from the third column (top 2) and then the buttons and bars made from the column four and five. the blue, it could be good but like Tar said, the middle blue gives a grey vibe that can look good

thanks a lot for your help
Old 07-17-2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^love that!
Old 07-17-2018, 05:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I thought the second line might be too pink for you Eme

If you prefer we could always go with a more grey blue or grey instead of blue? Or we could just stick with the third column if you like the other shades to go with the reds & not worry about blue/grey? Whichever you'd prefer?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

you know me chelle lol!!
i don't mind the blue, it depends on how you guys make it work i think the right side goes well together but i know you guys can make anything work so lol! so i think i'll let you guys be inspired (or not lol)

I miss being able to see the banner coming up together and all but i'm happy i'll get the surprised in a few months