Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did you watch it?

It was a great interview but so very heartbreaking to watch, especially Antron and Korey.

When they talked about what they were doing the day before, they were just kids, caring about sports or music, just holding a girl's hand. When Raymond said that he didn't think about what he would do 5 years from now. Phew. When I was 14-16 years old I was just living day by day, I didn't think about the future other than my hobbies or going to camps for summer. Going from this to what the boys went through, i cannot even begin to imagine.

I have to say that I didn't like some of the questions, like what went through their minds when they heard the word guilty. I thought it was so unnecessary to ask this, especially seeing how visibly affected two of them still are. I understand why those questions were asked because it gives them a voice but I felt uneasy seeing how Antron and Korey struggled to answer.

Antron's whole posture spoke volumes, he clearly didn't feel comfortable speaking about it, constantly shifting in his seat, having a really defensive frame. But I admire him even more because of it, it takes a lot of strength to talk about your biggest trauma and struggles. When he said how he barely holds on to his sanity and that the system broke him. It takes a lot of courage to admit that you're broken, I hope he'll be able to find help and overcome the resentment and anger he feels, even if just a little bit.

Korey is still so affected he could barely speak. We only got a glimpse of what happened to him in episode four, I cannot imagine all the atrocities he had to endure for over a decade. Truly heartbreaking. I loved that Ava was paying attention to him through out the whole time, noticing when he wanted to say something. The way she interacted with all of them showed how much love and respect she had for them.

I loved what Kevin said, that it's painful to watch but that it's a story tht needs to be told.

After all, what’s more human than the fight for survival?

Last edited by Karma Police; 06-14-2019 at 03:39 PM
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

I did saw it.. But wow.. I really like to hear each actors' thoughts if they know about the story or not since I know some of them are young, but the one that I really like from Michael's since he used to live in NYC and how scary that he has to be different than being black bec I know that I don't live that far from that happen, but you have to be separate from what you are, but it really sad for black/brown people..

Yeah, I agree w/ you about the question on guilty, I mean, they are innocents, so of course they would feel numb, shock, angry, etc, etc.. I dunno, I feel like she should ask the better questions.. I assume that she didn't want to pressure them to answer that something too personal.. Not sure if that made sense..

Yeah, I always tho that all of them was going through, but w/ Antron and Korey.. But wow.. Plus him mention about his father.. Including that he lost his mom that not too long ago..

I'm glad that four of them encourage Ava to use Kory's story bec he went through more than three of them since he went to Riker's as adult.. Even tho Riker is dangerous since I know lot of thing about that jail..

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! It's great that Ava recognized his talent and challenged him to play both the young and old Korey. He was amazing, you could see his naivety and joy slowly fading, feel the pain, the isolation, the despair. Oprah mentioned that scene when the air conditionin was starting to work again how we all felt it. Also the way he nailed the voice/accent. He better win an Emmy for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I did saw it.. But wow.. I really like to hear each actors' thoughts if they know about the story or not since I know some of them are young, but the one that I really like from Michael's since he used to live in NYC and how scary that he has to be different than being black bec I know that I don't live that far from that happen, but you have to be separate from what you are, but it really sad for black/brown people..

Yeah, I agree w/ you about the question on guilty, I mean, they are innocents, so of course they would feel numb, shock, angry, etc, etc.. I dunno, I feel like she should ask the better questions.. I assume that she didn't want to pressure them to answer that something too personal.. Not sure if that made sense..

Yeah, I always tho that all of them was going through, but w/ Antron and Korey.. But wow.. Plus him mention about his father.. Including that he lost his mom that not too long ago..

I'm glad that four of them encourage Ava to use Kory's story bec he went through more than three of them since he went to Riker's as adult.. Even tho Riker is dangerous since I know lot of thing about that jail..
You could see how affected Michael was when he was talking about his experience, woring on the show had to bring back memories.

I felt like I was being intrusive, like the question served more my curiosity (or the audience in general) than their well-being. I'm sure they were aware of what they'd be asked but it still felt a bit intrusive to me. Maybe if would have been better if it had been an intimate setting, just them and Oprah/Ava, without an audience.

It was really difficult and heartbreaking to watch.

I loved that they mentioned that too and that they wanted to make sure his story is properly elevated. They didn't know all of the horror's he's been through either, it must have been hard to realize how much worse he had it.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ That's true.. I agree.. Even tho I always wonder if they ever think "what if" they didn't went to park and how their life turn out?? I mean, I'm sure that they did, but they try not to think of that... Plus Korey admit that he wish that he didn't went to support his friend bec if he haven't gone to station, he wouldn't go through those 13+ years.. But damn..

Old 06-20-2019, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just started this, I really enjoyed the first episode. I found the SL really interesting to watch play out. The poor boys and what they went through. So infuriating! Felicity was so good and so annoying.

Curious to see how the rest play out.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Have you watched the rest? Episode 4 is particularly hard to watch.

Quote:
^ That's true.. I agree.. Even tho I always wonder if they ever think "what if" they didn't went to park and how their life turn out?? I mean, I'm sure that they did, but they try not to think of that... Plus Korey admit that he wish that he didn't went to support his friend bec if he haven't gone to station, he wouldn't go through those 13+ years.. But damn..
I'm sure they often thought that but they probably try to not think like that because they want to move forward, put what happened behind them, if that's even possible and want to be there for their families.

Yeah, Korey said that he sometimes regrets it, sometimes he doesn't. It must be so hard for both of them, I'm sure Yusef is also dealing with the guilt that Korey ended up at the police station because of him.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah since most of them already move out beside Korey who still live in NYC.. I think that he has the hardest part to able to move forward.. And yeah, I'm sure that both don't blame each other whenever the outcome as long both always have each other's back..

Old 06-23-2019, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am watching this slowly cause it's so hard to watch. I am on episode 2. I think they try not to over think the past to much and try to move on as best as they can. I think they have gotten therapy to. At least that what I would to
Old 06-23-2019, 09:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah some finish in a day and some finish longer bec they want to pay attention and see what happening.. I finish it for two days..

Old 06-23-2019, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure some of them sought professional help. Antron said during the Oprah interview that he's still struggling but he is not ready for professional help.

Quote:
^ Yeah since most of them already move out beside Korey who still live in NYC.. I think that he has the hardest part to able to move forward.. And yeah, I'm sure that both don't blame each other whenever the outcome as long both always have each other's back..
I hope they were able to reconnect and support each other. I wonder if Korey decided to stay in NYC because he spend so much time away, often hundreds of miles away.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I couldn't binge it, it's too depressing.

I haven't watched episode 4 yet but I will soon. I thought episode 3 was a bit slow but I really enjoyed the first two.

Did the Santana kid really go back to jail? For how long? His step mother was awful!
Old 06-23-2019, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know for how long but that part about him starting to deal drugs because he couldn't find a job and being arrested was real.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah i have a lot of questions about what was real and what wasnt. It seems pretty factual though. Was he released after the exoneration then? Everyone else was out right, except Korey? How much longer did Korey have to serve? Quite a while right?

According to the finale he never admitted to the crime again during the parole hearings, which is interesting. Good for him.

Episode 4 was truly heartbreaking. I felt so bad for Korey and the actor did such a good job. Did that nice guard really exist? It's crazy that he actually met/fought with the real killer too before he had confessed.

It's really sad that Anton never forgave his father and his father died... I mean, I understand why he didn't but that still makes me sad.

What makes me the most mad, along with them being framed of course, is how the jury could convict them where there was no evidence? UGH. And how even after the real killer confessed and his DNA was proven, they still want to blame these guys. Sickening.

I am glad it was only 4 episodes because it was hard to watch but they really could have extended it to 6 or even 8 I think. They could have spent ep 1 on their lives before and then right as they got arrested, episode 2 on the murder and questioning, episode 3 on the start of the trial, 4 the end of trial and conviction, 5 on the boys in prison at the start, 6 the first group finishing their sentences 7 still focused on Korey, and then 8 on like the real confession and korey getting released and life after. It would have been cooler to hear more details about everything, but maybe they didnt have all the details and the men didnt want to dive into it too much.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Everyone beside Korey release after 6-7 years as long they are on good behaviors while Korey release after exoneration bec if that man didn't tell them, he would stay longer..

Yeah, the guard actually exist since not all the guards are that bad.. I mean, I live in NYC and I have several guy friends who went to Riker's, so there are some good and bad guards out there.. But you gonna remember that Korey is human.. After all, that's actually Korey's story who told Ava about his time in jail and all that happening..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I hope they were able to reconnect and support each other. I wonder if Korey decided to stay in NYC because he spend so much time away, often hundreds of miles away.
I think that they still call each other and stuff like that since I remember I read the interview that they still check on each other..

Reply   Post New Thread