Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Absolute Fan

I adore Otis and Ola. Definitely my current OTP with this show.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ By the end of the season, I was liking them a lot too. Not looking forward the inevitable Maeve/Otis pairing, I think Ola and Otis work very well.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine-nine! (View Post)
^ By the end of the season, I was liking them a lot too. Not looking forward the inevitable Maeve/Otis pairing, I think Ola and Otis work very well.
It's so cliche how it's playing out it's painful. I do hope the show surprises me however.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
Old 02-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cant stand Ola, she annoys me. And it's clear that Otis doesnt even really like her... Definitely don't think their scenes are more natural. If anything to me, they feel more forced.

I know O/M is cliche but I think it works because I dont think Otis is the typical nerdy type and he wasn't being weirdly obsessive/possessive over Maeve like we often see in other shows. They actually built a solid friendship and foundation which I thought was nice. It seemed natural to me.

Eric's storyline was great. And while I like Otis/Adam too it felt very rushed to me. I knew about them beforehand and kept waiting for them to interact but it never happened until the last few episodes.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Absolute Fan

I completely disagree about Ola. Plus she's more assured of herself and I feel like Otis needs that in a relationship. In a way I see Otis as bit blinded by his feelings for Maeve and wasn't seeing what was right in front of him with Ola. I like the growth between Maeve and Otis but honestly feel they are better off as friends. It's one of those relationships that if happens is going to get complicated and messy and just might ruin their bond in the long run.

Adam and Eric really disturbs me. Dynamic storytelling but I can't genuinely root for them.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still have 3 episodes to go but I really liked the scenes between Otis and Ola so far and think Otis and Maeve work better as friends too.

I've seen that Adam/Eric are going to happen on Tumblr and even though I suspected Adam was at least bi, I'm not sure I'll be able to root for this relationship.

After all, what’s more human than the fight for survival?
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised I don't ship Maeve/Otis because I'm a sucker for that trope but I agree they work better as friends.

And I agree about Adam and Eric being disturbing. I feel bad for Adam and all but that doesn't change the fact that he's still an awful person. He needs to grow and change a LOT to be worthy of Eric.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I think the writers will disagree with you guys there lol. Its more than obvious thats the route they are going.

Adam is a bully but I feel bad for him with his father. I do agree he needs more growth though. But his scenes with Eric at the end were sweet.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't want to give away too much but the detention scenes were a real eye-opener. After seeing how that played out I could never ship Adam and Eric.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And it's clear that Otis doesnt even really like her.
I don't think this is clear at all. Yes, he liked Maeve to the point that he put her on a pedestal. We saw that in how he was trying to reassure Ola but ended up being very insensitive in the way he spoke to her.

But I do think he likes her and likes hanging out with her. He kissed her and then he masturbated for the first time. Normally, this isn't a big deal for a teenage boy but we know it's a pretty big deal for Otis.

I don't know where they're going with Eric and Adam. I get why they had sex. Adam has been repressing what it wants at the same time that Eric has embraced himself fully. And I bet it'd be hard for Eric to turn down a real live boy wanting to have sex with him.

At the same time, he deserves better than someone who bullied him and who is still closeted. They've already showed us that just because two lesbians or two gay boys exist, doesn't mean they are meant to be together.

We'll see.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its clear to me...

I think he likes her as a friend but not really anything more... But we'll see how it plays out. I think kissing her had more to do with just kissing a girl fro the first time.

I do agree about E/A and I think Eric should/could get a different guy that is better for him. But I still like the idea of EA. I want to see Adam grow independent from that though before they revisit that.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine-nine! (View Post)
I'm surprised I don't ship Maeve/Otis because I'm a sucker for that trope but I agree they work better as friends.

And I agree about Adam and Eric being disturbing. I feel bad for Adam and all but that doesn't change the fact that he's still an awful person. He needs to grow and change a LOT to be worthy of Eric.
He really does
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Absolute Fan

No one should have to settle for being with someone who is abusive. When Adam comes to terms with things and figures himself out more he could be good for some one. But right now Eric deserves better.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with the right now part.

But Eric clearly seemed happy with Adam at the end there and I want Eric to be happy.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, hopefully Adam can sort himself out soon though
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top