Thanks for the links..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-12-2021, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Absolutely not. She was naked, and the water tank was closed. There is no way she went up there to kill herself and closed the lid from underneath. And why take off your clothes? It makes no sense. It is 100% suspicious.

I dont think the video had anything to do with her death, I dont think anyone else was on the video or anything and she clearly was having some sort of episode on the tape. But its a known fact that a lot of shady people go to the hotel, so no doubt she was murdered. I just think it happened after the elevator incident.

Let her rest? Her death doesnt deserve to brushed off as a suicide because she was bipolar. The circumstances should be revealed and discussed.
When you're drowning, you take off clothes because wet clothes are heavy and it's easier to float without them. They were in the tank with her. The tank wasn't closed, it was open. The claim that it was closed came due to a communication error between hotel staff and investigators, the staff member that found her body has confirmed it was open, and the roof was easily accessible via the fire escape. Her instagram shows that she had been spending a lot of time on rooves prior to her death.

There's no evidence she was murdered - no injuries, no trauma, no unexplained marks - a body could not have been taken up the ladder and placed into the tank without becoming extensively bruised. The autopsy proved she drowned in the tank, and that she had not been taking her medication before her death. Her sister confirmed her behaviour in the video was consistent with her behaviour while having a psychotic break. The people in hotel she had previously been sharing a room with said her behaviour and been erratic for a while.

It wasn't a suicide. It was an accident brought on by a manic episode, hence the coroner recording it as an ACCIDENTAL death. There is no conspiracy here, it's very clear what happened - she had a manic episode, became paranoid, went up to the roof for familiarity, climbed into the tank to hide from a perceived threat and couldn't get out. She undressed to make herself lighter, which led to hypothermia.

People just want it to be a conspiracy because that's more entertaining, which is sick. They're trying to turn it into something it's not and it's disgusting. This information is all easily accessible, appalling that people are STILL choosing to ignore it.

So yes, let her rest. Her death was a tragic accident that could have been prevented were society not so dismissive of mental health. Trying to push a conspiracy theory only serves to absolve society of it's responsibility and prevent crucial lessons from being learned.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-12-2021, 05:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 02-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks.

Seeing conflicting things about the series. People slamming it for being misleading, but also that it ultimately did the right thing and didn't continue pushing conspiracy theories in the end.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-15-2021, 09:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

‘Biggie: I Got a Story To Tell’ Trailer: Netflix Doc Presents Many Sides Of Iconic Rapper
Old 02-15-2021, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-16-2021, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Netflix Greenlights Its Own Britney Spears Doc Following Success of 'Framing Britney Spears'
Old 02-17-2021, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-17-2021, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
When you're drowning, you take off clothes because wet clothes are heavy and it's easier to float without them. They were in the tank with her. The tank wasn't closed, it was open. The claim that it was closed came due to a communication error between hotel staff and investigators, the staff member that found her body has confirmed it was open, and the roof was easily accessible via the fire escape. Her instagram shows that she had been spending a lot of time on rooves prior to her death.

There's no evidence she was murdered - no injuries, no trauma, no unexplained marks - a body could not have been taken up the ladder and placed into the tank without becoming extensively bruised. The autopsy proved she drowned in the tank, and that she had not been taking her medication before her death. Her sister confirmed her behaviour in the video was consistent with her behaviour while having a psychotic break. The people in hotel she had previously been sharing a room with said her behaviour and been erratic for a while.

It wasn't a suicide. It was an accident brought on by a manic episode, hence the coroner recording it as an ACCIDENTAL death. There is no conspiracy here, it's very clear what happened - she had a manic episode, became paranoid, went up to the roof for familiarity, climbed into the tank to hide from a perceived threat and couldn't get out. She undressed to make herself lighter, which led to hypothermia.

People just want it to be a conspiracy because that's more entertaining, which is sick. They're trying to turn it into something it's not and it's disgusting. This information is all easily accessible, appalling that people are STILL choosing to ignore it.

So yes, let her rest. Her death was a tragic accident that could have been prevented were society not so dismissive of mental health. Trying to push a conspiracy theory only serves to absolve society of it's responsibility and prevent crucial lessons from being learned.
There are a lot of conflicting stories though, first the tank was closed and hten it wasn't. Just because he later went and said it was open doesn't make it true. Its not known for sure.

Just because there was no bruising doesnt mean she wasn't murdered or co-erced. She could have been forced into the tank by gun point. Again, lots of shady people and deaths at the hotel.

She had her problems but I find it hard to believe she would climb into the water tank. Its just very strange. Honestly, a water tank is the perfect place to put a body.

I have also read that the details of the autopsy have been kept private. So we dont know what really happened. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying your theory is incorrect, I just thikn the circumstances are fishy and unclear.

I thought the documentary actually showed her in a positive light and brought attention to her personality and her posts before her death, which is a lot better than previous docs I've seen about her. The series also did a good job of showing all viewpoints.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's not a conflicting story, the person that found the body said it was open. Investigators assumed it was closed because that was hotel policy, but the man that found her always said it was open.

There was no evidence of anyone being anywhere near her. Every single witness and all the CCTV showed she was alone. Any suggestion of anyone else being involved has no basis in fact.

She was in the middle of a psychotic break, so she was paranoid, and the only place to hide on the roof was in tanks, it makes perfect sense that she climbed in herself, and it's impossible to hide a body in the tanks without bruising it extensively, and an easy place for a body to be found because of the effect on the water, so actually a terrible place to leave one.

It's not a theory, it's the verdict, and the only one that makes any sense because it's the only one supported by evidence. Police withhold information all the time. It's not suspicious, it's because it's none of our business and Elisa and her family are entitled to privacy and dignity - this is not for our entertainment, we're not owed full access to private information. Her family, who would know more than we do, have rejected the conspiracy theories.

I've heard it gives time to conspiracy theorist youtubers who were treating her death as if it were some theme park attraction. Which is appalling. It can't be considered a documentary if it's focus is on the opinions of online sleuths and not the word of those who knew her and the actual evidence.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-22-2021, 09:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Netflix To Premiere College Admissions Scandal Doc From ‘Fyre’ Director Chris Smith

Mysterious 1985 Utah bombings take center stage in Murder Among the Mormons trailer

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 02-23-2021 at 09:42 AM
Old 02-23-2021, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-25-2021, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I've heard it gives time to conspiracy theorist youtubers who were treating her death as if it were some theme park attraction. Which is appalling. It can't be considered a documentary if it's focus is on the opinions of online sleuths and not the word of those who knew her and the actual evidence.

I only watched episode 1 and a bit of episode 2 and fount it really exploitative. They made it seem like something sinister was going on and gave too much time to random people, e.g. Internet sleuths, a couple from the UK who stayed at the hotel.

The Internet sleuths wrongly accused a musician of killing Elisa Lam and the guy attempted to commit suicide bc of their harassment. They deserve no air time.

The documentary really sensationalized the case. In the first episode one person was like: the hotel was a serial killer's playground and everybody knew it.

The fact that the family didn't want anything to do with this documentary is really telling.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It is very telling that the family wanted no part of it They're using this woman's personal tragedy for ratings and attention. There was no valid reason at all to talk to conspiracy theorist internet sleuths, especially ones that were running around the hotel and screaming at the lift as if it was a game while Elisa was still missing, and ones that very nearly caused another death, they deserved no coverage at all, and there is no legitimate reason to include them. Documentaries should cover facts and only facts, not the opinions of idiots that reject facts that don't fit their narrative. Baffles me that they included people that knew absolutely nothing of value.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

30-Minute ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’ Doc Takes You Behind-the-Scenes of Aaron Sorkin’s Latest Film
Closed Thread   Post New Thread