Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2019, 10:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Mindhunter Season 2: The True Stories Behind the Show's Serial Killers | Collider
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I read up on that as I watched!
Old 08-23-2019, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finished the second season last night. Really enjoyed it, agree that it wasn't as slow as the previous season.

Do you know if there are any reviews by black critics? I'm interested in their take on how the Atlanta murders were handled.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Finished the second season last night. Really enjoyed it, agree that it wasn't as slow as the previous season.

Do you know if there are any reviews by black critics? I'm interested in their take on how the Atlanta murders were handled.
there was something disturbing/ distressing about the result of the atlanta murders tbh. just the lack of closure, and how they pinned the evidence on someone who may have committed 2 of the murders/ if any

thats how real life works. how people want to get a result / closure and a master criminal/ criminals get away with it
Old 08-27-2019, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I knew the cases were never really solved, so it wasn't a surprise to me but it was still sad and distressing, as you said. The victim's families never got real justice or closure.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I knew the cases were never really solved, so it wasn't a surprise to me but it was still sad and distressing, as you said. The victim's families never got real justice or closure.
the thing that was realistic was how dissatisfying the ending was.

its normally a trope for crime dramas to 'catch the bad guy'. but mindhunter turned that expectation upside down

especially with holden and tench, two 'outstanding' detectives who saw things clearly, seemingly making questionable investigation methods and tench preoccupied with events at home?

bottom line: i felt unclean for seeing how things were resolved. how things werent resolved or how things were resolved in an unsatisfying manner

EDIT ->

how messed up is this track? and also this one->

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 08-27-2019 at 06:04 PM
CONDEMNED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's because they are real cases and a lot of serial killers were either never caught or it took a long time. The BTK killer was only caught in 2005.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It's because they are real cases and a lot of serial killers were either never caught or it took a long time. The BTK killer was only caught in 2005.
the thing was how tench kept saying he was going to focus on his family (and his son) as soon as they got the atlanta investigation sorted

and he was neither here nor there

and ford was obviously still affected by panic attacks, but in ways that affected his judgment and investigation methods (eg going to the charity event), holding up the cross, it didnt make any sense (to catching the killer) when it was unfolding
Old 08-29-2019, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

well yeah, but that again is reality. People often can't focus on their jobs as much as necessary because of various problems. It was realistic and I like that about this show. Other crime shows tend to make it appear like the characters do nothing else in their lives but bury themselves in their work
Old 08-29-2019, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, it was very realistic that Tench couldn't really focus on neither his job nor his family. And he kept wondering whether his son could become a serial killer too, it was especially obvious in the interrogation scene with Manson and when the judge said during that weekend trip that he'd rather put young criminals for minor offences away so that their criminal minds don't evolve.

I think the cross was meant to symbolize that good intentions (in this case of white allies) are nice but don't really help. When I saw the cross I was like: the marchers are probably going to wonder when he's going to lit it on fire.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Not sure actually
Old 08-30-2019, 12:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

I think the cross was meant to symbolize that good intentions (in this case of white allies) are nice but don't really help. When I saw the cross I was like: the marchers are probably going to wonder when he's going to lit it on fire.
it was a strange 'moment of clarity' in the conversation when they were strategizing to catch the killer when holden came up with the idea of the cross

i said: whats that got to do with anything? thats not going to catch the killer.

that was typical of the muddled thinking for the characters from the second season

then again, Charles Manson (featured for 5 minutes) was someone who was convinced the song by the Beatles Helter Skelter was about the upcoming race war when black people were no longer disempowered, and they would take over the world due to their dominant physiques <-
So I guess the Charles Manson scene was not to be easily dismissed, even when they didnt have to catch him or investigate a bunch of crimes which were similar to him and what the manson family did

oh, and this->

EDIT -> this is an interesting piece concerning david fincher and his style of filmmaking. can anyone notice it on Mindhunter?

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 08-30-2019 at 02:47 AM
CONDEMNED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
well yeah, but that again is reality. People often can't focus on their jobs as much as necessary because of various problems. It was realistic and I like that about this show. Other crime shows tend to make it appear like the characters do nothing else in their lives but bury themselves in their work
That is pretty realistic
Old 08-30-2019, 10:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Mindhunter Season 3: The Serial Killers We Might See Next Season | Collider
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread