Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2018, 07:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Rora a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Rora

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening this!

I'll have to think about this, especially what kind of pictures we could use, since Netflix has so many different shows/movies.

As for colour, Netflix's main colours are red/black, though that could turn out really dark. So perhaps just red for example but a lighter shade, not the bright red Netflix is using.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Unfortunately Netflix's colours are harsh & the two colours we try to avoid . Mel & I were discussing this a while ago now & I thought since there are so many shows to represent maybe you could go with something more general? I was thinking maybe pictures of devices which you can watch Netflix on (E.G. tv, laptop, tablet, phone) . Otherwise maybe just look at main characters of some of the more popular shows talked about on the board? Or a combination of both? I don't know...

For colours light red is usually pink or peach/soft orange shades, so would you want either of those as the colours for the board? Maybe we could make grey shades work with red highlights/in minor areas (example)? Or another neutral colour? Or any colour which goes with red if you want to include the red. Nothing to say you have to go with the colours of Netflix

ETA: I don't know what sort of colours you like but I think Paulina you like green? Green works with red, or at least the right shades of it . Maybe something like these with a dark brown/red?

Otherwise, still looking at green, I saw this which has the pink/peach shades too so not too hard to darken them to include red too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2018, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So exciting!

I have to give coloring some thought.

But as far as pictures go, my first instinct would be to say we'd go with something general instead of characters from shows.
But maybe there's characters people'd like to see represented? Some Netflix shows have boards, but obviously not all, so maybe there are some popular ones people'd like to see in the banner?

Tell us what you think y'all
Old 07-16-2018, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the suggestions.. and I'd love to see some of the red in highlights there too

As for pictures.. I agree about the pictures.. I'd prefer general stuff instead of charcters..

maybe like the Eggos from ST and maybe a jumop suit from OINTB or stuff like that?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:20 AM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Thanks for opening this!

I'll have to think about this, especially what kind of pictures we could use, since Netflix has so many different shows/movies.

As for colour, Netflix's main colours are red/black, though that could turn out really dark. So perhaps just red for example but a lighter shade, not the bright red Netflix is using.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?
Well we've had a red & black forum here before, that I don't think was a big issue. It was the WWE/Wrestling forum from a long time ago. That is the only red & black 1 remember. I don't mind red & black, but if others want something different I understand.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:15 AM
Graphics Team

That's not how the system is anymore. We try to avoid those harsh colors now.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:17 AM
I am a basketball genius!

Oh. OK.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

How about just having the Netflix logo as the banner?

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is there a copyright material infringement using just the Netflix logo?

I think white should def be in the color scheme somehow to relate to Netflix, especially not using red/black. Grey would work. Maybe red hyperlinks instead of having it part of the color scheme background?

Netflix character avatars for users. Maybe you can pull ideas from that.

Looking forward to the customization!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Even with those colours schemes the grey panel of colours is dominant, so we could do a mix of greys with a soft pinkish/orange hue to bring in the idea of red and I love the idea of the red hyperlinks Tina.

I post on this board so this is input as a poster and not a GT member .

I like the shades of grey in this palette: { Create Tones }

With the blend of two colours on this palette: { A Door Hues } - #E95A51, or #BB3E3A
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Red links can be hard to read so I wouldn't recommend red being used there

That's a good point about the logo being copyrighted, we'll have to look into it

Just having text as the banner may be very boring & empty imo Very easy for the team probably though

I wouldn't use those exact user images (again in case there's something copyrighted there) but something like them could work

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-17-2018, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm open to any colours (and yes green is my absolute favourite colour ) but the grey with red highliths stole my heart:

https://www.design-seeds.com/seasons...olor-season-5/

As for the picture, it'll be difficult to make a diverse banner including several characters. I like the idea of just using the logo but we'd have to be careful bc of copyrights. I also like Holly's idea of including some items that we associate with certain shows.

I'll aslo try to find HQ pictures similar to the one we have currently in our news thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Well we've had a red & black forum here before, that I don't think was a big issue. It was the WWE/Wrestling forum from a long time ago. That is the only red & black 1 remember. I don't mind red & black, but if others want something different I understand.
The Criminal Minds board (and the Star Wars iirc?) used to be dark too and it was such a stark contrast to other boards and you couldn't even see the arms of the shrug smilie.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I love that color scheme most too

If possible with copyright and all, my first instinct was to say just the logo too tbh
But I'm sure GT will manage to make something gorgeous either way I'm just uncreative in that department and wouldn't know what images would possibly be used as BG
Old 07-17-2018, 05:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

After looking into the logo it is a trademark so it has been decided that we won't be using it to ensure we don't cause a trademark infringement

If you'd like just text I suppose we could just do that but it may look empty . That's my only 'concern' for it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread