Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2018, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

This movie was so adorable!
Old 08-29-2018, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finished, the movie was so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Also was anyone else annoyed that Peter let Gen keep LJ's scrunchie? That bothered me the whole time
Yes! I was surprised she didn't bring up the scrunchie sooner, how did she not notice it was gone after the party?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 08-29-2018 at 12:59 PM
Old 08-29-2018, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was thinking the she would bring it after they left the party but when she never did I was shocked. Why did she say nothing about her favorite scrunchie? But I noticed that after he said she looked good with her hair down she wore it down the rest of the movie. So maybe she wasn't thinking and/or thought maybe he just kept it to keep her hair down.

As far as he goes though it was weird he just let her take it. Though as much as I like Peter he did kind of let her get away with stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I also love the relationship between the Covey girls and the Coveys in general. The sex talk convo with her dad and Chris talking to the dad about why he chose to be a gynaecologist ... those scenes were hilarious.
I loved the family dynamic too. I love how they were there for each other but also made mistakes. Chris talking to the dad was .
Old 08-29-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like this movie haven't read the books yet but I enjoyed it. I do hope if they make a sequel they focus on josh and Margot. Or more of Margot since I love the actress
I think she got used to wearing her hair down or so much stuff happen that she forgot. I think it was to show in the beginning that he was still under Gem spell. I think later he broke away from that thankfully.

I use to write letters to guys I like to but they were in diary format and not addressed lol
Old 08-29-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

The scrunchie thing was bugging me too but yeah, maybe she thought that Peter kept it the entire time and she was okay with that because she wore it down for most of the movie after that.

Yeah, Peter shouldn’t have allowed Gen to take the scrunchie in the first place but I’m guessing it was also to create more drama later on in the movie when Lara Jean found out.

Apparently, the love triangle in the movie was downplayed (thank God) ... someone mentioned in one of the articles that it’s way more prominent in the books.

I kind of feel like Peter liked Lara Jean from the start?? What Kitty said about noticing that Peter liked her but she knew that her sister wouldn’t do anything about it, and that’s why she sent the letters out. And also Peter saying that she was never second best.

And glad that you loved the movie, Paulina.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 08-29-2018 at 05:23 PM
Old 08-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Apparently, the love triangle in the movie was downplayed (thank God) ... someone mentioned in one of the articles that it’s way more prominent in the books.
Oh yeah definitely. That was even clear from the trailer to me.When I did that trailer I was surprised in a way that they focused so much on Peter but super glad. In the book it truly is like Lara Jean going back and forth, and you're following her inner struggle but on film it's always harder to portray and I imagine they didn't want to divide the audience like that? Which is good. Before seeing the trailer, I expected it to focus on her crush on Josh, and then have Peter come out of left field in the movie itself but I also realized that they set some expectations like that which they most likely wanted to avoid.

Josh is more prominent in the books because we're always in her head and it's her motivation for a lot of things, when you take that away. There really never was a love triangle.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I think once he started spending more time with LJ , he began to really like her. And get over gen I won't say he liked her from the start because then i would be annoyed at scruntchie scene. I do think he always had a soft spot for her pre letter but he was blinded by gen.

I haven't read the book but yeah in the beginning of the movie I expected her to end up with Josh. It wasent until the fake dating that I knew that Peter would be the one
Old 08-29-2018, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This movie was so sweet I wanna read all the books now
Old 08-30-2018, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I am so glad the love triangle wasn't a huge thing in the movie.

I think Peter has always liked LJ. Even in the spin the bottle flashback we get LJ in voice over saying everyone knew Peter and Gen only wanted to kiss each other but that clearly wasn't true. LJ mentions spinning the bottle again and Peter shuts that down quick.

I also find it pretty suspicious how he tried so hard to talk to her and just let her know it wasn't going to happen between them. The first time I get. But then he followed her again. Just to make sure she knew. Which was weird to me. I mean I guess it could have been just to confirm but it seemed a little extra to me.

Then to turn around and have them fake date. I know why they did it but it always felt like there was more to it on Peter's end. And that seems to get confirmed for me when you can practical hear and see he's heartbreaking when she reminds him they are fake dating. Also him actually writing her letters.

Plus not to mention he was the one who kept pushing for them to act like a real couple and hang out and etc. Which yes I get was to show the other people how oh so real it was. But again for me it just always seemed more on Peter's end. And him making sure to add that she goes on the ski trip with him was also highly suspect considering how far away it was. I mean the goal of fake dating on his end was to make Gen jealous and I could get doing that and making her sit for a bit but 3 months seems a while for what they were doing. The you were never 2nd best thing also speaks a lot of volumes for me. Though maybe I'm just looking too much into it.

Now after saying all that none of that takes away the fact he and Gen had been dating for a while and that he has feelings for her too. I feel with LJ the feelings were always there but they have been on the back burner and something he saw as not happening. With Gen it was more tangible and something that has been happening for a while.

But again I could be looking way into it and I could see it how fox24 put it too. Him having a soft spot for her but being blinded by Gen.

I got to say though as much as I love Peter he does seem to have a problem standing up to Gen. Even if we're going to say he didn't quite have feelings for LJ yet during the scunchie thing he clearly did during the sex tape issue. To me he clearly thought it was Gen too but tried to seem like he didn't know who did it until LJ was like we both know who did. Then he wanted to talk to Gen and I got the feeling it would be more discussing rather than confronting and telling her she's wrong for what she did. But that's just how I interpreted him wanting to talk to her.

I guess it could be he still considers her a friend and they did date for a while but both things made me annoyed and frustrated with him.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He is a teenage boy lol so he can't always be perfect. I think because they dated he gave her the benefit of the doubt. We only see gen through Lj pov so maybe there is another side Peter saw maybe not.
I just think that like lj had a intense crush on Josh and got over him by fake dating. I think Peter also had feelings for Gen and then got over them. I think he recognized his feelings before Lj.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, I definitely think that Peter recognised his feelings way before Lara Jean did. I feel like she only really did, when she thought that he was about to get back together with Gen.

But also, a lot of denial maybe? I think that she knew that it wasn't fake anymore at some point but was just trying to hide that from him and from herself too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekru (View Post)
Oh yeah definitely. That was even clear from the trailer to me.When I did that trailer I was surprised in a way that they focused so much on Peter but super glad. In the book it truly is like Lara Jean going back and forth, and you're following her inner struggle but on film it's always harder to portray and I imagine they didn't want to divide the audience like that?
Yup, and plus that is probably something that comes across in a less negative way in the books because you have more time to understand LJ's internal thoughts etc. Whereas the movie would need to be more direct/concise and get to the point, quicker.

This was definitely one of the better rom coms, better acting and cinematography wise too. Was just talking to Paulina about how pretty the lighting, everything was in the movie. Perfect for GIF making, I imagine. And I want LJ's room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
This movie was so sweet I wanna read all the books now
Me too. I intend to read the first one at least, this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)

Plus not to mention he was the one who kept pushing for them to act like a real couple and hang out and etc. Which yes I get was to show the other people how oh so real it was. But again for me it just always seemed more on Peter's end. And him making sure to add that she goes on the ski trip with him was also highly suspect considering how far away it was. I mean the goal of fake dating on his end was to make Gen jealous and I could get doing that and making her sit for a bit but 3 months seems a while for what they were doing. The you were never 2nd best thing also speaks a lot of volumes for me. Though maybe I'm just looking too much into it.

But again I could be looking way into it and I could see it how fox24 put it too. Him having a soft spot for her but being blinded by Gen.

I guess it could be he still considers her a friend and they did date for a while but both things made me annoyed and frustrated with him.
Same, three months is a long time to fake date so it was odd that he was insistent that she go with him on the trip if they were still together by then. And it was clear that he already had feelings for LJ when she tried to break it off with him. That was exactly what he said he wanted, Gen jealous and about to break it off with her boyfriend ... but yet, he still didn't want to call off the "fake" relationship.

Yeah, that was a bit frustrating but I guess I can understand it because he still didn't want to confront Gen, and that goes back to their history together. He really should have spoke up earlier about what happened (or didn't happen) in the hot tub, too.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

fox24 - I know he is and I know he can't. I can still get annoyed and/or frustrated with him. I do agree there's probably a side of Gen that Peter knows that LJ does not as her and LJ haven't been friends for a while. I wouldn't say benefit of the doubt but maybe more he figured it was her but didn't really want to acknowledge it until LJ said something. As soon as LJ says we both know who it is he didn't argue.

destroyer of worlds - Exactly. I mean I guess we can chalk it up to him just trying to be prepared for anything but as I said it just felt like so much more on his end. That's just being a little too prepared. He definitely had feelings for her by then . Gen is basically telling him she will be broken up with her boyfriend but he still wanted LJ to come and then sit with him on the bus. And him having feelings for her was why he was upset she was trying to break up with him. Also him pestering Chris to get her to go. Wish we could have seen that.

Exactly. Both things kind of annoy and frustrate me when he does it but as I said in my other post he probably does consider her still a friend or at the very least someone he spent a long time with. And that history between them kind of makes him not want to stand up to her.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

sarah i want LJ's room too. can that person come and decorate my room too. minus the mess on the floor

i just watched this movie finally today. i loved every minute of it. probably one of the best rom coms ive seen in a while.

and i love when peter said he thinks he is better looking that Jake Ryan

the scrunchie thing bugged me too. but i guess she was havin fun and just forgot about it but you would think the next day though she would have remembered it since it was her favorite scrunchie?
Old 09-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

It’s definitely frustrating to see him hung up on Gen (well, he isn’t anymore now ) but I get it too. Like Lucas said, she was probably the first person he slept with and his first girlfriend and there’s history there, that he can’t just let go of her.

I do wish that the baking scene (from the book) would have been included in the movie but eh, I guess time was a constraint. I’m almost halfway through book one now, a bit juvenile in the writing style (given, since it’s for teens) but I am enjoying it.

Kitty is so adorable, I want her to have a bigger role in the next movie (if it happens). Also, can I just say that I’m glad that they changed her motivation for sending the letters out in the movie because in the book, she did it because she was angry at LJ for something. Whereas in the movie, it was because she loved LJ and saw that Peter was interested in her and she wanted to nudge it along.

Love your new icon, Jen. This movie and this pairing deserves all the love and attention it’s getting so far, it’s my favourite rom com in years too.

fractured moonlight, please call me Sarah. We used to post together on the MMFD board, I think ... I’ve changed my UN multiple times since then so that makes me more unrecognisable.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 09-03-2018 at 08:25 PM
Old 09-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah there are a few sarahs on this board i can never remember which one is you. especially since they all keep changing their UN on here

glad you like my new icon. i knew i had to use one as soon as i watched the movie. it was just such a good movie. i just loved all the characters right away.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top