Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2020, 08:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Black Lightning (3x16) The Book of War: Chapter Three: Liberation (Season Finale) - Episode Discussion (airdate 3/9/20)

BLACK LIGHTNING

“The Book of War: Chapter Three: Liberation” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

SEASON FINALE – Black Lightning (Cress Williams) faces off against Gravedigger (guest star Wayne Brady “Whose Line Is It Anyway?”). Christine Adams, Nafessa Williams, China Anne McClain, James Remar, Damon Gupton, Marvin Jones III and Jordan Calloway also star. Salim Akil directed the episode written by Charles D. Holland (#316). Original airdate 3/9/2020.

Black Lightning: Cress Williams Teases Season-Ending Showdown With Gravedigger (And an 'Emotional' Exit)

Black Lightning's Cress Williams teases {spoiler}'s 'emotional' finale exit

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 03-09-2020 at 04:05 PM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:00 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Thanks for posting that. Was nice to see Tobias at the end of it.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

POST MORTEMS: Black Lightning Season 3 Finale Recap: Pit Boss — Plus, What Threats Will Haunt the Pierces in Season 4?

Black Lightning's Cress Williams breaks down those finale twists and surprise cameos

this was a great finale. I knew henderson was leaving the show but wow that was such an emotional departure.

looks like Lynn didnt beat her addiction after all

and how did gravedigger manage to escape the explosion and then change his appearance in that courtroom scene? does he have more powers?

I hope grace will be ok. I feel bad for her

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 03-10-2020 at 10:49 AM
Old 03-10-2020, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the links. I thought that Gravedigger had died. It was strange that Jamillah said on camera: ''Police and fire stations have blown up.'' Then later she asked in the same video: ''Has the government abandoned Freeland? I'm Jamillah Olsen reporting...'' Before Jamillah finished that sentence, she was shot. Brutal. She shouldn't have chosen to go on camera with the potential of bullets flying at her, as much as it was important for Jamillah to get her word out to others, it cost her life. May she rest in peace.

A lot happened on this episode. The pit got blown up. I will not be surprised if Khalil regrets what he did to Odell. I mean, even I have learned, you don't mess with Odell. It rarely doesn't work in his favour when challenged I've seen.

It was something else watching all of those A.S.A. agents I think it was that let Peter sneak up on them & shoot 'em dead.

It's rich that Tobias, a known murderer looks down on people in their 40's that live with their moms. As dangerous as Freeland is, I'd guess it's safer to live with more family members in general there.

Finally, it was odd I thought that Lynn walked out of that courtroom with her family & was the only 1 of them not wearing a mask of any kind. I'd guess that someone would perhaps recognize her & & her family that were in costumes. Seemed risky for her to that there.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah that is kinda risky that she is walking out with a superhero family. they must put two and two together there.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm, that was a LOT to process...

First & foremost, I'm quite saddened that Henderson died. I know that Damon Gupton's services "were no longer necessary for the 4th season", but dang, did they have to KILL HIM OFF?! That was a very sad scene, but I'm glad he got to die a hero's death.

Odell finally got what he deserved...almost. And did Khalil just defeat his evil side or did he kill it? Also I'm glad that "Braxton" & that major bit the dust; couldn't stand either one of them, especially the major. LaLa finally showed up to help Freeland out.

Also, is it me, but everytime I look at Wayne Brady I se him w/an afro wig like he had in Roll Bounce as the DJ I still don't see him as a bona fide villain, even though he did OK w/the job. So since he didn't die (how did he survive that explosion? Is immortality one of his powers?), I guess we'll be seeing him team up w/Tobias next season, or they'll be at odds w/each other.

Nice to see the cameos by Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden as judges at the court. So the ASA is officially defunct now? Wonder if someone else will pick it up (hopefully that storyline is dead).

Unfortunately, Lynn is still on GreenLight. And I feel sorry for her if Tobias has her in his sights (especially romantically). Even though that was a very powerful shot at the end, w/the Pierces walking out of the courthouse, why was Lynn walking out w/them? Wouldn't someone put 2+2 together & figure out their identities?
Popcorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:19 PM

Well, together I think that Tobias & Lynn would make a formidable duo, so I won't feel sorry for her if she hooks up with him as I think fans of these 2 have perhaps been wanting to see that happen. Yes it was odd that Lynn walked out in public with people dressed as superheroes.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

what exactly are gravediggers powers cuz they seem to be growing by the minute.

that was a crazy episode I can't wait to see how this picks up next season
Reply   Post New Thread