Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2019, 08:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Black Lightning (3x03) - “The Book of Occupation: Chapter Three” - Episode Discussion - (airdate 10/21/2019)

BLACK LIGHTNING
“The Book of Occupation: Chapter Three” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

TENSION – When Lynn (Christine Adams) learns that Jefferson (Cress Williams) brokered a deal with Agent Odell (guest star Bill Duke) without consulting her first, it begins to put a strain on their relationship. Meanwhile, Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Grace (guest star Chantal Thuy) have an emotional encounter. China Anne McClain, Marvin Jones III, Damon Gupton and Jordan Calloway also star. Benny Boom directed the episode written by Pat Charles (#303). Original airdate 10/21/2019.

My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am tired of Odell. He's playing everybody like a bunch of violins. He's got BL & Lightning working for him. I'm glad that Lynn stood up to him; she is NOT his employee & told him so!

Speaking of Odell being a S.O.B., even though I don't like Tobias, the way Odell played him the jail cell w/the sunlight was a dirty trick. That wasn't necessary.

Painkiller is not to be messed with! And how does he know 23 different martial arts?! Anyway, Jordan Calloway is pretty fit, if I do say so myself! I wonder how long it took him to learn some of the skills he showed off?

I'm just gonna say it: This show is called Black Lightning, NOT Thunder. I'd like to see some romantic scenes w/Jeff & Lynn. It's not everyday that a heterosexual Black couple is shown in a loving way, & I'd like for that to be portrayed. I really don't give a flip about Anissa & her many lovers. I know they're trying to go for "edgy", but I think it's just plain old OVERKILL.
Popcorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

i agree with everything you said. i am so sick of Odell. someone needs to teach him a lesson.

i agree Jordan is pretty fit. i guess he has to be in order to play that character. he does a great job.

do you think Gambi is going to be jealous/mad that Odel made Jefferson's new suit? and that its way better/cooler than his old one

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 10-23-2019 at 10:57 AM
Old 10-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Graphics Team

I honestly don't like Jefferson's new suit. The one Gambi made looks so much better IMO.
Though I thought it was cool how the new suit came from the watch.

I am still kinda sad that Khalil is brainwashed and killed his mom. And how Jen still doesn't know about it.

Odell needs to go away pls.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

If we didn't see the Markovians enter the city, I would think Odell was behind everything. I still don't really understand what he's doing or what he wants... Besides playing everyone. No idea if what BL and Jenn did was a good thing or not. I'm so confused.

I don't think I care for Khalil. He died, let him go, lol. I guess his love for Jenn has to break the effects of the chip or something?
GoSpikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

i wouldnt be surprised if odell was working with the markovians at this point.

is there any good left inside khalil? he seems pretty dead inside now. not sure if jen can save him at this point.

i agree odell needs to go away
Old 11-23-2019, 03:49 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
i agree with everything you said. i am so sick of Odell. someone needs to teach him a lesson.
If not Black Lightning, then I don't know who would be up to that task of teaching him said lesson.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

not sure whoelse is powerful/capable enough to take him down
Old 11-23-2019, 04:54 PM

This show has quite powerful villains on it & Odell is no exception, though he does have perhaps more discreet methods to his madness.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

he is very manipulative that is for sure
Old 11-24-2019, 05:07 PM

I'm re-watching this episode before it expires on The CW's site, because I forgot some of the things I was going to post in here about it. 1 thing I do remember though is that maniacal laugh by Jeff. ''You'll never beat me, cuz you are weak and stupid.'' He has Odell to thank for that watch & those new powers he has by the way, so maybe Odell isn't as bad as he has shown previously. Particularly last season. I like Blackbird's strength to just lift up that tank I believe it was & throw it, though it was odd that there was 1 woman recording it & nobody else in sight.

So, Sunlight makes Tobias' skin burn apparently. Wow. Tobias is almost becoming someone to feel bad for, but he's done so many terrible things to people that didn't earn his wrath even & so he's still tough to get 100% behind I think at this time.

I can't say that in my lifetime that I've seen someone actually slap a member of the popo, but it was still odd to see happen on this show I think without apparently consequences. That woman is fortunate that Henderson is so nice I think.

Last edited by canflam; 11-24-2019 at 05:25 PM
Old 11-24-2019, 05:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

yes i agree. she is very lucky to have henderson on her side.

do not underestimate odell just cuz he did something nice for jefferson. he always has something up his sleeve
Old 11-25-2019, 01:43 PM

OK. I guess I just want to believe that he can be better & compared to other brutal characters on this show I think that he has the best chance to.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

just gotta wait and see
Reply   Post New Thread