Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Graphics Team

1x12 "The Resurrection and the Light: The Book of Pain" Episode Discussion (April 10)

1x12 "The Resurrection and the Light: The Book of Pain"
Original Airdate: April 10, 2018 @ 9PM EST

Tobias (Marvin Jones III) returns to Freeland. He is tasked to capture - not kill - Black Lightning (Cress Williams) with the help of an unexpected source. After a battle of epic proportions, Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Jennifer (China Anne McClain) provide surprising aid.
Source
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just watched it. I don't really care for the Khalil storyline, but there he was.

Is next week the last episode?
GoSpikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Man, I'm gonna be sad when the season ends next week.

It was great seeing the whole Pierce family getting in on the action. Hopefully now Jennifer will see the benefits of her powers; after all, she resuscitated her dad! And maybe next time, when her dad tells her not to do something, she'll actually listen. Going off alone to see Khalil wasn't a smart move. Speaking of Khalil, I'm done w/him. I know he was "duped" into what he's doing, but...sorry.

Tobias seems to have Khalil & LaLa (can we be done w/him, too?) in a chokehold. Even Proctor is in his sights. And let's be honest...Proctor has it coming to him, & I can't wait!

Anissa handled Tobias' henchwoman like an old pro. Too bad she didn't finish her off.

I was really happy when Jeff & Lynn had their "affair", & then Jeff had to explode when he thought Lynn was trying to get rid of Jen's powers. If he only listened to her & let her explain!! I guess we just have to have angst, don't we?

Looks like the Pierces' have to go into hiding once again; I'm sure they're tired of having to keep moving around. I'd know I'd be!

This ep could've served as a season finale, w/that cliffhanger ending. Wonder how this'll play out?
Popcorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

im so sick of Tobias/Khalil/lala and Proctor, they all need to die

so next week is the finale? this season went by fast.

i hope the pierce family can all team up and find a way to take them down safely. jennifer needs to listen to her father. khalil is bad news
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:37 AM
Graphics Team

^ I agree about all of them dying.
I liked Khalil at one point, but now, no. He's gone too far.

I do hope Jennifer now sees her powers can be used for good and she embraces them more.

I loved the fight between Syonide and Anissa.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
yes that was a great scene.

i agree now that jennifer knows what she can do with her powers, and that she was able to do good with them, hopefully she will continue to help in the future
Old 04-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
yes that was a great scene.

i agree now that jennifer knows what she can do with her powers, and that she was able to do good with them, hopefully she will continue to help in the future
Old 04-16-2018, 05:07 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn71 (View Post)

It was great seeing the whole Pierce family getting in on the action. Hopefully now Jennifer will see the benefits of her powers; after all, she resuscitated her dad! And maybe next time, when her dad tells her not to do something, she'll actually listen. Going off alone to see Khalil wasn't a smart move. Speaking of Khalil, I'm done w/him. I know he was "duped" into what he's doing, but...sorry.

I was really happy when Jeff & Lynn had their "affair", & then Jeff had to explode when he thought Lynn was trying to get rid of Jen's powers. If he only listened to her & let her explain!! I guess we just have to have angst, don't we?
Yeah. It was predictable something bad was going to happen around her once she made certain to do what Jeff told her not to. Really bad judgment by Jennifer in this episode. Someone should help her pick better boyfriends perhaps. Khalil did look silly I thought with the dreadlocks on, but maybe some liked it. I don't consider what Jeff & Lynn did as having an '''affair'', especially if they only slept together once & aren't seeing anyone else. I do hope they make up their mind about being together of not though.

what did you think of Khalil's dreadlocks?
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

^Horrible.
GoSpikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

not a fan of his new look either
Old 04-18-2018, 03:54 PM
I am a basketball genius!

It just feels unnecessary. I don't think that all the anti-heroes on this show need to die, such as Tobias. Of all of them I hope he makes it to next season at least. Proctor or Lala though I won't miss if something terrible does happen to 1 of em.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread