Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2018, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Resident - Episode Discussion - 1x01: Pilot

The Resident
Episode Discussion - 1x01: Pilot

On his first day as an intern, an idealistic DR. DEVON PRAVESH (Manish Dayal) faces the harsh realities of medical care, as third year resident DR. CONRAD HAWKINS (Matt Czuchry) takes him under his wing and teaches his unconventional ways for treating patients. Meanwhile, Conrad goes head-to-head with Chief of Surgery DR. RANDOLPH BELL (Bruce Greenwood), who uses power and intimidation to cover up his mistakes.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was released early....

I think Devon is really cute and he makes for a good lead. I liked seeing his struggle of how to handle Conrad...

Conrad was a way bigger ass then I expected him to be. But I also loved him and Matt is perfect for the part. He's got a lot of edge to him and I like his attitude and confidence. He is certainly intriguing with all the tattoos. Definitely wanna know where he came from and what his story is.

Conrad pulling Nic into the room was SO HOT. And it was HILARIOUS when she had him undress and then left him there. LMAO! They have amazing chemistry. I do want to know their history together though! They obviously dated in the past but I wonder why they broke up.

The ending moment was insane! I dont necessarily disagree with Conrad turning off the machine but that is not really his place and Nic seemed really upset about it. Maybe that is part of the reason they broke up, that they disagree about how to handle their jobs or something of that sort?

We didn't get to see much backstory of the other characters but I think its coming.

The chief is AN ASS and needs to retire. Ugh, he makes my blood boil forcing all the doctors to cover up his mistake...
Old 01-20-2018, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

i haven't seen it

i'm trying not to get spoiled yet
Old 01-20-2018, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

The episode is available on fox.com.

I enjoyed it though I will say it feels like it should be a cable show. I'm interested to see how the general public reacts to some of the characters actions but I think Devon is likable enough.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for the thread! I will wait to watch the premiere tomorrow night.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHalo (View Post)
The episode is available on fox.com.

I enjoyed it though I will say it feels like it should be a cable show. I'm interested to see how the general public reacts to some of the characters actions but I think Devon is likable enough.
Interesting enough it was originally developed for Showtime. That script was adapted into the Fox Pilot. And then adapted again after the pick up.

Https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...l-drama-917458
Old 01-20-2018, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know that. Cool!
Old 01-20-2018, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder how different it would have been on showtime!
Old 01-21-2018, 01:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I wonder how different it would have been on showtime!
The show was tilted "The City" and Conrad's character was supposed to be really dark.

Quote:
The City centers on an idealistic young doctor who begins his first day of residency under the supervision of a senior resident who appears tough and brilliant, but turns out to be a cunning and deadly psychopath
http://deadline.com/2016/08/showtime...es-1201799021/

I think once they ended up on broadcast tv and casted Matt they changed mind. And I'm glad, honestly. Matt's character is far from being perfect (no problem, I don't like perfect characters) but it's compelling and likeable even if flawed.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not going to read the comments since I will be hopefully watching this tomorrow!

Happy Premiere Day!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 01-21-2018, 08:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ty* (View Post)
The show was tilted "The City" and Conrad's character was supposed to be really dark.

Showtime Sets Medical Drama From Antoine Fuqua & Amy Holden Jones | Deadline

I think once they ended up on broadcast tv and casted Matt they changed mind. And I'm glad, honestly. Matt's character is far from being perfect (no problem, I don't like perfect characters) but it's compelling and likeable even if flawed.
This is the article I was looking for yesterday. I think The city's supervisor character might have been divided into our Conrad and Bell. I actually love that Conrad is still dark but it's on the side of doing what "he" thinks is the right thing for his patients. I think we will see older characters have "greater good" turned "Godlike" complexes that we can worry Conrad's could lead too if he doesn't stay grounded. Nic kind of does that for him. But he's not necessarily good for her. And the Devon character will have to find his own balance. As a doctor and man. So Yeah it's going to be an interesting ride.

Last edited by huntzmore; 01-21-2018 at 09:26 AM
Old 01-21-2018, 09:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Interesting...thanks for the info!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 01-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Perfect is not realistic, so I am happy we see Conrad with flaws and imperfections.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
This is the article I was looking for yesterday. I think The city's supervisor character might have been divided into our Conrad and Bell. I actually love that Conrad is still dark but it's on the side of doing what "he" thinks is the right thing for his patients. I think we will see older characters have "greater good" turned "Godlike" complexes that we can worry Conrad's could lead too if he doesn't stay grounded. Nic kind of does that for him. But he's not necessarily good for her. And the Devon character will have to find his own balance. As a doctor and man. So Yeah it's going to be an interesting ride.
Yeah, I think the point is that Devon, Conrad could end up being a Dr. Bell if they follow the wrong path. And as for Nic and Conrad I already expect a Carol/Doug (ER) kind of relationship.

Quote:
Perfect is not realistic, so I am happy we see Conrad with flaws and imperfections.
Preach!
Old 01-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow thats insane. I'm glad he's not a psychopath. At least I hope he's not.

I love his character already. It'd be super boring if he were just the good guy. I like that he has flaws and layers.