Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry
The Resident

The Resident 2x15 Episode Discussion "Queens"

2x15 Episode Discussion "Queens"

ell's confidence in Quovadis continues to waver when the poster child for one of its medical devices, Henry Barnett (guest star Evan Whitten), is rushed back into the ER, experiencing seizure-like symptoms. Meanwhile, Mina's past comes to light when her mother, famous Nigerian surgeon Dr. Okeke (guest star Lynn Whitfield), pays a visit to Chastain, and Conrad makes a risky move when Henry returns to the hospital in the all-new "Queens" episode of THE RESIDENT airing Monday, Feb. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Daring Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

What a powerful and heart pounding episode. Matt and Shaunette brought it in this one!
gwdgirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

This show frustrates me sometimes though when it drops storylines...

Still no conversation with Conic about their previous argument. And oh joy next week the new doctor is hitting on Nic.

Still no resolution on where Julian is or even any progress on that SL.

And we didnt see Mina's answer to Micah?

I liked seeing Minah's mother and learning more of her family life (she reminds me of Meredith Grey being a famous absentee mother). She was a bitch. Especially when she snapped at Mina. Goodbye.

I LOVE AJ SO MUCH!!! When he said he didnt like charming people and explained why, that was amazing. So true. His pep talk to Mina was so cute.

I also liked seeing the same SL with the mother and son from previous episodes continue. Conrad and the little boy are really adorable. MATT IS SO HOT!

and now we have to wait 2 more weeks to potentially get answers? ughhhh.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
This show frustrates me sometimes though when it drops storylines...

Still no conversation with Conic about their previous argument. And oh joy next week the new doctor is hitting on Nic.

Still no resolution on where Julian is or even any progress on that SL.

And we didnt see Mina's answer to Micah?

I liked seeing Minah's mother and learning more of her family life (she reminds me of Meredith Grey being a famous absentee mother). She was a bitch. Especially when she snapped at Mina. Goodbye.

I LOVE AJ SO MUCH!!! When he said he didnt like charming people and explained why, that was amazing. So true. His pep talk to Mina was so cute.

I also liked seeing the same SL with the mother and son from previous episodes continue. Conrad and the little boy are really adorable. MATT IS SO HOT!

and now we have to wait 2 more weeks to potentially get answers? ughhhh.
Firs off, we knew there was a two week wait when we got the press release for 16. I'm ok with it as I will be very busy the next few weeks. It isn't news if you pay attention.

But, yeah the unresolved fight...ugh...don't get me started.

And yeah, Alec, WTH, dude? You know better than to hit on Nic.

And Manish said the Julian arc will take the rest of the season at aTVfest. So, I wasn't expecting much, but finding her car was traction.

I LOVE AJ TOO...I'm all for AJ and Mina....and I don't think Mina will tell Micah yes.

As for Mina's mom, well, Mina had her reasons for running to America.

As for Henry and Zoey - love them - when will Conrad be a dad? I hope one day he and Nic REALLY talk and she finally wants to have a baby with him. He'd make an amazing dad.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:31 PM
Supreme Fan

It isn’t news if you pay attention? A little bit on the rude side I have to say. I think pp was just voicing annoyance, not surprise

Enjoyed the episode too , especially the bond that Mina and AJ are building but you are right Alexa, they tend to just halt huge storylines as and when.

How many episodes are in this season? Do we know?
It's all good..
Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Such a great episode! Mina’s mother was an absolute ass! Loved the AJ/Mina in the OR and seeing Conrad with Henry again! Loved Devon helping Conrad get what he needed to save Henry!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Firs off, we knew there was a two week wait when we got the press release for 16. I'm ok with it as I will be very busy the next few weeks. It isn't news if you pay attention.
LMAO!!!! Pay attention to what? I watch the show when it comes on the tv, I dont look anywhere else for news. So learning it wasnt back for two weeks was new information to me as it would be to any casual viewer. I'm not really sure why you had to address me like that. It was a nothing comment....

Quote:
It isn’t news if you pay attention? A little bit on the rude side I have to say. I think pp was just voicing annoyance, not surprise
Exactly. Thank you.

Quote:
What, you weren't paying attention?
Old 02-20-2019, 11:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction (View Post)

Enjoyed the episode too , especially the bond that Mina and AJ are building but you are right Alexa, they tend to just halt huge storylines as and when.

It just that the press releases are posted everywhere, and very hard to avoid. Also, it's on Wikipedia and imdb. It's very hard to not know...and it's very normal in a spring airing season to have a few breaks to spread it out until May. Every show does it. It's absolutely normal for mini hiatuses in the spring. It frustrates me too, but of I liked a show enough to watch as it aired, I make sure to keep up with the airdates, so I'm not shocked if there's a hiatus.

It just frustrates me seeing those people...because it's everywhere. Google search it, IDK, but the info is out there.

As for the episode count it's 22.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry
The Resident

OF course they are everywhere but some people just aren't interested in looking for them. I know people who don't even watch promos. I certainly have shows where I don't go looking for stuff and that should definitely be respected here. Everyone enjoys a different viewing experience and that's okay. Please keep that in mind in the future.

To move on...I loved the episode, I was actually scared to blink in the last 10 minutes of the episode with everything that was going on with Henry. (Really liked how shaken Bell seemed by it as well)
Also a really nice episode to get to know Mina better and I can't imagine how it must have been for her after the fire with a mother like hers. I was glad AJ literally provided a shoulder to cry on, she definitely needed it.

Quote:
Well she did mention while talking to Mina that she freaked out when Conrad asked her to move in, so maybe that is the first step.

Quote:
23 episodes. The producer confirmed that a few weeks ago.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Daring Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It just that the press releases are posted everywhere, and very hard to avoid.
I'm not avoiding them, I'm just not actively looking for them. Not sure what you mean by everywhere? lol. Im not going onto google to look things up. Im not going tvguide or wiki... I dont care that much. I like the show but Im not obsessing over it. Like I said before, I watch the show on tv, that is it. Thats the only time i think about it. Also when I come here to post. So why/how would i see a press release?

I also never said it wasn't normal to have a break. I know that shows have random hiatuses. I was just expressing my annoyance that we have to wait two week to get answers to questions. Its not about the break its about the writing and how the show leaves you hanging with certain things that should be answered immiedaltey. We should have gotten mina's response IMMEDIATELY this episode. We should have gotten some sort of follow up to the Conic fight.

Quote:
but of I liked a show enough to watch as it aired, I make sure to keep up with the airdates
Good for you? I watch a lot of shows and i have 4 jobs, I dont have time to look up every single episode and its air date.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Very odd attitude .. we’re all here to discuss the show. All aspects, not just ones that you personally are ok with

Alexa..you are correct, I’ve not been paying attention and who cares? Sometimes people forget that social media and these forums are supposed to be fun

Glad there are a few more episodes. I am a AJ/Mina fan and am really curious about how that’s going to play out. He doesn’t even know that Mina got proposed too plus will he go back on his word of waiting until he is no longer her mentor?
It's all good..
Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread