Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

The Resident 2x09 Episode Discussion "The Dance" - Fall Finale -

Devon's doubts about his relationship reach a peak as his friends and family gather for his big wedding day. As Chastain's leading medical device company, Quovadis, continues to succeed, Julian (guest star Jenna Dewan) makes a discovery that leaves her uneasy about her involvement in it all. Meanwhile, Conrad continues to work on his relationship with Marshall and Bell takes a risky offer in order to make a mistake from his past disappear in the all-new "The Dance" fall finale episode of THE RESIDENT airing Monday, Nov. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Decent finale.

Glad that Julian is doing whats right but man, that car crash... she better be okay or I will be upset!

Glad that Devon called off the wedding. Timing was awful but his moms words really got to him. Interesting that he's actually in love (at least that was implied) with Julian. Poor Priya though, I feel awful for her. I am annoyed the writers took that storyline this far but at least he did the right thing and didnt get married.

The scenes with Conrad and his father were great. That was a great moment between them. But it felt bit easy? They implied conrad though his father hit his mom, which explains a LOT about their history and why Conrad was so cold with him... but then his father just says "not that didn't happen" and Conrad believes it? Did his mom lie and say he did? Or what? Im confused there. It just seemed silly that he would think that happened without actually seeing it?
Old 11-27-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My thoughts on Devon have entirely changed. What a dick. Cheating is one thing, but to wait until the last second when family and friends were there from all around the world? He did humiliate a woman he was with for several years, all for some weird crush? Sorry, he looks so bad. What a creep.

Oh well, I watch for Nic/Conrad and AJ/Mina. I ship both.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
My thoughts on Devon have entirely changed. What a dick. Cheating is one thing, but to wait until the last second when family and friends were there from all around the world? He did humiliate a woman he was with for several years, all for some weird crush? Sorry, he looks so bad. What a creep.

Oh well, I watch for Nic/Conrad and AJ/Mina. I ship both.
I pretty much agreed with everything Priya said to him. He should have done it WEEKS ago not right before the wedding.

Quote:
Glad that Julian is doing whats right but man, that car crash... she better be okay or I will be upset!
I am worried and I have a feeling that she won't make it.

Quote:
The scenes with Conrad and his father were great. That was a great moment between them. But it felt bit easy? They implied conrad though his father hit his mom, which explains a LOT about their history and why Conrad was so cold with him... but then his father just says "not that didn't happen" and Conrad believes it? Did his mom lie and say he did? Or what? Im confused there. It just seemed silly that he would think that happened without actually seeing it?
Well he knew that they were always fighting, maybe he just assumed that's what happened when he saw his dad standing there. I mean, how old was he supposed to be during that flashback? Around 5? It was really traumatic for him and maybe he just blocked certain things out, but still kept dreaming about it to a point where he lived with what he thought to be the truth.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This freaking episode man...it was insane! Ok..the timing was awful and waiting was horrible but Devon did the right thing. Micah needs to step off...Mina is in love with AJ and vice versa! Loved the scenes with Conrad and his dad..I hope their relationship improves! The car crash was crazy! I definitely don’t want to wait!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 11-28-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Micah needs to step off...Mina is in love with AJ and vice versa!
AJ and Mina work a lot better but I just adore Micah. He is like a puppy who needs to be protected at all costs.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 11-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don’t get me wrong...I like Micah but he’s definitely no match for the raptor!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 11-28-2018, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

AJ and Mina have great chemistry
Old 11-30-2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet sunsets (View Post)
AJ and Mina have great chemistry
That they do.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 12-02-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think its odd to assume your father hit your mom though when it had never happened before and then hold a grudge for years. IDK. That whole storyline explanation was weak.

Quote:
but to wait until the last second when family and friends were there from all around the world? He did humiliate a woman he was with for several years, all for some weird crush? Sorry, he looks so bad.
I think so too. I still like Devon but that SL was baddddd. They shouldn't have done that to his character. At the very least he could have had a bigger connection with Julian built up for longer than a few months or something.

I think Micah is going to die soon, which is sad, because I like him. But I think partly that is why Mina is with him.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

We will see how it goes, I feel like there is still a lot we don't know about the time his mom died. Who knows what else happens.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 12-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watched it last night...

Wow. Devon, you break off your wedding because you have feelings for a chick who may or may not be dead? If she is dead would it have been worth it? I've never liked Priya but you could have broken up with her earlier. I do like him but terrible writing.

I like Julian but I do hope she isn't dead but she did go into water so...

As usual, love Conic and Mina/AJ.

Hope Marshall survives only because I want to know more about what happened with Conrads mom.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I doubt she survives the accident, but I would not mind seeing her again.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 12-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah same. It was pretty bad
Old 12-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Too bad actually, her character had so much potential (without the stupid Devon storyline)
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}