Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

'Daredevil': Wilson Bethel Reportedly Playing Bullseye in Season 3

Apparently Wilson Bethel (Hart of Dixie) is playing Bullseye, the new big bad in DD.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I don't know if I will be able to see him as a big bad after seeing him as Wade. That'll be interesting.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-16-2018, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

I never watched the show in a full form but I've seen clips of his character. His character is is stoic but if he had good enough range.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

So far only seen season one but I do have S2 on DVD as well.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-16-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bullseye is a total wanker in the comics.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Was he around during the Born Again run? All I can remember is him killing Karen.

Luckily Fisk is coming back.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Was he around during the Born Again run? All I can remember is him killing Karen.

Luckily Fisk is coming back.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bullseye dates back to the mid '70s and later he killed Elektra. He didn't kill Karen Page until the late '90s.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Ah, okay.

Born Again is pretty much all I remember ever reading in regards to DD but that was a long time ago.

I wonder if he'll end up killing someone like Foggy
Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 PM
Absolute Fan

My reviews for In the Blood, World on Fire, and Condemned.
In the Blood
* I love the camaraderie that this episode continues to build between Matt and Claire; the conversation they have about his needing extra protection is great, and him giving her a burner phone is very reminiscent of both Arrow and Black Lightning doing something similar, although there's more of a personal motivation here, which is nice; I also loved the part of their conversation where he reveals that, yes, he is in fact at least marginally superhuman in that he sees things as a "world on fire"

* As I noted in my review of Episode 3, it's sad to watch the Karen/Ben Urich storyline because I know it doesn't end well for the latter, but I did like the way that this episode essentially used that part of the story to further Foggy and Karen's burgeoning romance, which was enough to offset the sadness

* Rosario Dawson, as I noted in an earlier review, was a major "get" for this series, and she continues to play Claire phenomenally in this episode, especially during the scenes where she's been kidnapped and is being beaten for information; the fact that she didn't crack says a ton about who she is as a person, and serves to only deepen the trust relationship she has with Matt

* I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Michael Clarke Duncan's version of The Kingpin, but I also really love what Vincent D'Onofrio does with the character, imbuing him with this tremendous sense of loneliness, humanity, and vulnerability that then gives way, in an instant, to brutal and disgusting savagery without feeling 'forced'; the ending scene where he just smashes Anatoly's head to bits simply because the latter had embarrassed him in front of Vanessa by barging in on his private time is one of the best-acted scenes in the series despite its grotesque nature, and that is absolutely all due to D'Onofrio

World on Fire
* For 3 of the first 4 episodes, we'd seen Claire patch up Matt, and he gets the chance to return the favor in this episode; we also get the first sparks of romantic attraction between them, which is a nice counterpoint and parallel to the way that Foggy and Karen's relationship progresses

* Speaking of Karen and Foggy, I love their interactions with Elena Cardenas; her calling Foggy "Senor Foggy" provides just the right amount of humor and lightness to counterbalance the seriousness that is prevalent in the rest of the episode, and the way she sort of subtly plays matchmaker with him and Karen is extremely well-played

* I had thought that this episode marked the first appearance for Detectives Blake and Hoffman, but they also apparently showed up in the Pilot; their part in both this episode and Condemned, though, really hearkens back to both Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy and the television series Gotham in terms of the way that they end up playing into Fisk's plans and machinations

* Fisk framing Matt for Anatoly's death is really the first showcase of his brilliant strategic mind, which is good because it adds yet another layer to his character; I also love the way this episode takes his flirtatious yet extremely awkward courting of Vanessa to another level and makes her less black-and-white than she might have seemed, yet without alienating her or making her unsympathetic

* I love the way the episode ends and the predicament it puts Matt in; it immediately raises the stakes for him and us as an audience, and still works even if you've already seen the series before and know what ends up happening next

Condemned
* This episode is a major turning point for the series and season, and is really evocative of the Gotham episode Penguin's Umbrella in terms of the way it makes things personal between Matt and Fisk and really crystallizes their conflict

* Matt using a road flare to cauterize Vladimir's bullet wound is a really visceral scene, but it also has some elements of dark humor in it that make it more than just a scene of our hero torturing somebody for information, which is what it could come across as depending on your point of view

* Sticking with Vladimir and Matt for a moment, I understand what the writers were going for by having the former "go down shooting", but it didn't feel quite as 'earned' as I think they wanted it to, especially since it really has very little to do with anything that's transpired up to that point and is basically just a senseless kamikaze run

* I don't remember what, if any, fallout comes Matt's way as a result of Fisk framing him, but their entire radio conversation felt very reminiscent of the first face-to-face meeting between Clark and Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman, albeit in a much different context and under very different circumstances

I'll be back tomorrow with my thoughts on Stick, Shadows in the Glass, and Speak of the Devil.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-17-2018, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
So far only seen season one but I do have S2 on DVD as well.
2nd season was so much better Frank and Elektra
Old 05-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Yeah. 2nd season definitely great!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

I actually thought S2 would have been boring without Frank
Old 05-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Same. He definitely made it better for sure.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I actually thought S2 would have been boring without Frank
I actually have to agree that without Frank it may have been boring - I liked the storyline with Elektra and The Hand - but Frank was the true season point