Old 06-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Season 2 Discussion #1: Limited Speculation & Wants

Runaways
Season 2 Discussion
SPECULATION, HOPES, & WANTS aheads

What are you hoping for? What do you want? What do you not want? What do you think will happen? New characters?

c o u n t d o w n

Last edited by majesdane; 11-14-2018 at 04:26 PM
Old 06-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

first and foremost i wanna see more karolina/nico. i want to see their relationship develop. it was so well done in the comics even without the romance; i want to see them not just being gfs, but best friends as well. and please no stupid love triangles or cliche drama.

for that matter, i want to see more of gert/chase too. i want them to become the power couple they are in the comics! i want to see them start to open up more to each other. and i want to see more of that gert/chase+molly dynamic i loved from the comics.

and i definitely wanna see the hostel in s2.
△ ♡ S T A R D U S T
Old 06-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Best Friends FTW! Also, I need them to explicitly use the "b" word for Nico (or whatever she identifies as. Just SAY IT!).

KEEP LOVE TRIANGLES AWAY. They've made Nico's feelings on Alex clear in S1, especially with the lies. Don't backtrack. No one needs or deserves that.

GAH. G/C power couple sounds effing dream come true. Pining!Chase. I'm all here for. And for them to talk about Gert's anxiety and insecurities and for them to TALK about the dance and feelings.

ALL the G/C+M. C&M. ALL OF IT. This family dynamic!

HOSTEL FOREVER. I'm here for a full season of them in the hostel. Or at least an episode. But BRING IN THE HOSTEL.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:11 AM
Total Fan

Yes to the hostel.

I'd like them to introduce some of the fantastical elements from the comics. Let the Yorkes actually be time travellers, let the Minorus be dark magicians, etc.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I think because the MCU is more science-based, they probably won't use magicians. They already made it a point to mention the staff is science.

I don't know anything about Doctor Strange, so I have no idea if Nico could still pick up magic.

They've seem to make the Steins more into time travel. Though I want them to explain how the Yorkes got Old Lace. Wouldn't mind the Yorkes and Janet to work on time travel things.

Would love them to explore aliens. Since Karolina is half alien.

And explain Molly. Though until the Disney-Fox deal is complete...they can't call her a mutant. So .... What they gonna do....

But. YES! Add in the comic fantastical elements. Stop brushing them off. Like they already did with the Minoru family.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'd like them to introduce some of the fantastical elements from the comics. Let the Yorkes actually be time travellers, let the Minorus be dark magicians, etc.
Unfortunately, they won't. Marvel specifically said they couldn't do magic. Which is so ****ing stupid, it makes me mad.
△ ♡ S T A R D U S T
Old 06-22-2018, 12:57 PM
Total Fan

That's such a missed opportunity, reducing the Pride into a bunch of businessmen/scientists is so dull. Otherwise I was thinking they could still explain that though the staff itself is tech, it harnesses magical energy. Like something Doctor Doom might create.

I think the Yorkes mentioned they bioengineered Old Lace at their lab.

Well, at least there's still a chance they might explore time travel and aliens.

Last edited by Mori; 06-22-2018 at 01:05 PM
Old 06-23-2018, 05:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Yeah, Victor has mentioned time travel. He and Janet met in a class about that. The message. So it definitely seems like time travel will be brought in.

We'll see what they do with Jonah to explain K.

But, AGREED HARDCORE about getting rid of many elements and reducing it to just science. *sighs* That takes a lot out of the characters.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Yeah, Victor has mentioned time travel. He and Janet met in a class about that. The message. So it definitely seems like time travel will be brought in.

We'll see what they do with Jonah to explain K.

But, AGREED HARDCORE about getting rid of many elements and reducing it to just science. *sighs* That takes a lot out of the characters.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
That's such a missed opportunity
it really is. honestly it's the one thing i really hate about this adaption. i wish marvel had allowed them to keep the real origin stories. even if they called molly an inhuman or whatever, i would have liked that better than what we got.

the fact that they've only shown a small aspect of time travel instead of actual time travelers makes me think it'll never be a significant plot.
△ ♡ S T A R D U S T
Old 06-24-2018, 08:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Yeah, I get that Josh & Co. love their parent characters...but you can still KEEP THEIR BACKGROUNDS and develop them. Not brush off everything that made them unique and just call everyone a scientist.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten the "I" word yet. Considering the affects of SHIELD and the Terrigenesis.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

exactly how i feel!

i don't think we'll get to hear "inhumans" or "mutants", tbh.
△ ♡ S T A R D U S T
Old 06-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

They'll brush off labeling Molly.

Wonder if we'll get NICKNAMES. Aside from Arsenic and Old Lace. With the others use codenames?
Old 06-24-2018, 10:55 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Disney is most likely going to get their characters back from Fox so I do believe they will be saying mutants soon lol. As for Inhumans, I wish they would of did the movie instead of that awful show. At least they did them pretty good on Agents of Shield.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:56 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Maybe that would affect S3, but the merger won't give them any range for S2. *sighs*