Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2019, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Though that's bc they run on the cw and cw never cancels their shows unless the actors are ready to move on. But many really aren't good tbh. Black lightning may be the only good one among them. But the DCU shows are good, like doom patrol or that (sadly) only one season swamp thing mini show. Surprisingly also titans is a pretty good show on its own. Not very close to the comics, but if you try to forget that the story is still good (even if starfire is black and beastboy white instead of the actual orange/green combo)
that's true about CW, but at least CW seems more willing to give shows a chance than other places, and also DC doesn't feel the need to make it fit every aspect of the bigger universe. ia black lightning is the only decent show on there.

Quote:
Problem with CW is that it's still corporate execs making decisions based purely on what they think will make them the most money. It's not the writers' fault the Arrowverse shows are filled to the brim with melodramatic romance subplots, they're mandated to do so by the higher ups. We need people in those positions who actually care about the art.
sadly, it'll never happen. and like, i get it. you can't expect people to just keep spending millions on a show if it's not making any money or really not getting any support. but with something like C&D or runaways, C&D was NOT cancelled because it was too expensive and/or it had low ratings, it was only cancelled because KF doesn't like the marvel tv universe. and if runaways is cancelled too, it'll be for the same damn reason. which is what is total BS. because not one single person actually gives af if the runaways interacts with the MCU. yeah it'd be FUN, but that's it. what has ALWAYS made the runaways successful and accessible in the comics is because they are only MARGINALLY connected to the rest of the marvelverse. but god forbid we look at what's worked for decades!! smdh

i hate KF. loeb wasn't perfect either, but at least he gave a crap.
majesdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
Problem with CW is that it's still corporate execs making decisions based purely on what they think will make them the most money. It's not the writers' fault the Arrowverse shows are filled to the brim with melodramatic romance subplots, they're mandated to do so by the higher ups. We need people in those positions who actually care about the art.
That is true, greg berlanti is not such a bad writer/producer actually. He also does the shows on DCU and they're much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
sadly, it'll never happen. and like, i get it. you can't expect people to just keep spending millions on a show if it's not making any money or really not getting any support. but with something like C&D or runaways, C&D was NOT cancelled because it was too expensive and/or it had low ratings, it was only cancelled because KF doesn't like the marvel tv universe. and if runaways is cancelled too, it'll be for the same damn reason. which is what is total BS. because not one single person actually gives af if the runaways interacts with the MCU. yeah it'd be FUN, but that's it. what has ALWAYS made the runaways successful and accessible in the comics is because they are only MARGINALLY connected to the rest of the marvelverse. but god forbid we look at what's worked for decades!! smdh

i hate KF. loeb wasn't perfect either, but at least he gave a crap.
They could still bring over the shows to dsiney+ instead of just cancelling them.
lg238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Runaways
Amy Adams

The good thing with the 10-12 episode model vs 22 standard is removing the filler crap and unnessary teen b.s. we get less episodes but way better quality.

I hate thinking we might be in the end of the run.

The only connection to Marvel is the opening Marvel logo. Otherwise, no one remembers that this is Marvel. Leave our babies alone!!!
ღ jackie | icon meraki
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
The good thing with the 10-12 episode model vs 22 standard is removing the filler crap and unnessary teen b.s. we get less episodes but way better quality.

The only connection to Marvel is the opening Marvel logo. Otherwise, no one remembers that this is Marvel. Leave our babies alone!!!
The problem is the CW is still a regular tv channel and they still are clinched to the 22 episode model. Streaming services like netflix, hulu or also DCU are more flexible.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They could still bring over the shows to dsiney+ instead of just cancelling them.
that's always a possibility, but i won't hold my breath. i don't get it anyway, since disney owns freeform and hulu in the first place, so like ...

Quote:
me too. and it feels like the comic series is always in danger of ending as well (such is the nature with comics, especially runaways, which has never been a massive single-issue seller; they depend on the trade paperback sales).
Old 10-31-2019, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

I hope we are wrong. Maybe C&D was just cancelled for their rather low ratings after all. And runawys is less endangered.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Runaways
Amy Adams

Runaways probably helps it's a Hulu show. C&D was Freeform, on cable TV.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they just fold C&D into Runaways.
ღ jackie | icon meraki
Old 11-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That is surely a possibility, though I doubt we'll see them more than in another crossover episode should we get a season 4.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i honestly prefer not.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Runaways
Amy Adams

If it gets the show renewed, I'll take it.

We just need this alien / parent plot to move away and turn into something else.
ღ jackie | icon meraki
Old 11-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If it gets the show renewed, I'll take it.

We just need this alien / parent plot to move away and turn into something else.
Yes agree with that.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i honestly would be deeply unhappy with a constant runaways/C&D crossover. that's not the show i want to see. a crossover episode is one thing.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Runaways
Amy Adams

I am curious on HOW it happens. Is it Staff related? Does Gert meet up with them and take them to help?
ღ jackie | icon meraki
Old 11-07-2019, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

there's definitely a lot of setup for potential.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am curious on HOW it happens. Is it Staff related? Does Gert meet up with them and take them to help?
You mean how they meet?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top