Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-21-2018, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Runaway's Episode 1x01: Reunion [Premiered Nov 21, 2017]

1x01 REUNION

A girl named Destiny is "rescued" by the Church of Gibborim from two muggers, who were actually trying to save her. Six months later, friends Alex Wilder, Nico Minoru, Chase Stein, Gert Yorkes, Karolina Dean, and Molly Hernandez have grown apart since the death of Nico's sister, Amy, two years earlier. Alex uses a meeting for their parents' group the Pride to reach out to the others, but they turn him down. They later change their minds. Karolina removes her Church of Gibborim bracelet at a party, sees her hands glowing, and loses consciousness, Chase later rescues her from being raped. Because of this, Chase stands Gert up for a study session, and she picks up her adopted sister Molly who has discovered that she has super strength and that their parents have a creature in the basement. Nico arrives after failing to contact Amy's spirit in a ritual. The gathering is awkward, but they soon discover a secret passage in the house that leads to their parents sacrificing Destiny in a ritual. Molly's camera flash is seen by the parents.

Directed by: Brett Morgen
Written by: Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage

Last edited by Alexa; 01-21-2018 at 12:29 AM
Old 01-21-2018, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

These were my original thoughts on the episode after watching...

---

I watched the pilot, I was kinda confused the whole time. But I liked it. I like the focus on the kids and they are all very different. I like Gert the best right now. I will probably catch up with the series soon.

---

I personally think the pilot is one of the strongest episodes and I liked the focus on the kids and the fact that they had a history as friends. I thought it was definitely an intriguing first episode.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for starting this thread
Old 08-03-2018, 11:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

just watched this last night as it premiered on freeform

i agree the episode was a little confusing. but i did enjoy it. i look forward to seeing more episodes as they air in the future.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
just watched this last night as it premiered on freeform

i agree the episode was a little confusing. but i did enjoy it. i look forward to seeing more episodes as they air in the future.
hi jen! thanks for stopping by! glad you enjoyed the first episode. if you get a chance, you should totally binge-watch s1 on hulu! put that one month free trial to good use.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Glad you were able to watch it on TV! Hopefully they decide to continue the show airing there.

The first three were released as once on Hulu. The first two are a set up that does get a little confusing. But E3 and on really keeps delving in.

Thanks for stopping by!