Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-21-2020, 10:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

I hate having to write this.

I think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and there aren't any regular posters except those that post in our game threads.

As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 12 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. The last few months, due to the global pandemic, post counts have been suspended. But ours do not really seem to be impacted; we've been heading down this path since the show's return and cancellation. Our count in May was an average of 10 posts a day. Already for June, I know we're not any better. I would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts. Especially since post counts are back for June, and I think we'd end of closing by the end of summer anyway.

Please let me know what you think. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we all love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

I've loved posting on this board since the beginning. The Runaways show and characters and cast mean so much to me. As do all the posters who have come and gone. I love you. We can still talk about the show and characters and couples and cast around town. Sometimes, that may be the best option.

Please let me know what you're thinking. If you think it's time to close the board, please let me know. If you want to try to keep the board, I'm willing, but we need to do better.

Thanks, everyone.
xoxo, Jackie

Join us elsewhere on FanForum:
Runaways @ TV
Karolina & Nico @ Couples
Gert & Chase @ Couples
Old 06-21-2020, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Oh I'm sorry to hear, but I understand the dilemma. It's very difficult. With all that is happening in real life and now me having my own board that I need to take care off plus other new ones i post in I just don't have much time to post here I admit, I'm sorry.

I'd find it sad to see it go bc I really liked the board but I understand if you want to let it go. There show is done and there is not many conventions this year so nothing to post about.

But if we close it maybe we could open a thread on the TV board for the show and a deanoru thread on the couples board. What do you think?
Old 06-21-2020, 11:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Yep. We've got a thread at the TV board. I'll make sure we have threads for couples in Couples and even we can have a thread for actors in Celebrities. Still plenty of places to talk about the show and hang out.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Aww Im sorry to see it come to this. I admit, I don't come here as often as I have in the past. Once the show ended, we really had nothing to look forward to so it's hard talking about the same things over and over again.

I think closing on your terms is better than forcing to close.

Tori
Old 06-21-2020, 06:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

This is very sad I hate seeing these posts I've been there are few times to.

I can't say I can help with the posts , I am still behind on the show so I do need to catch up on it . I did love this show and I am so sad it got cancelled i wish we had more marvel shows on air ..

At this point in time with the show ended and no new news coming put it will he hard to keep this board going, but in the end it is up to you guys

I can say you can post some threads on the avengers board i a thread for the TV shows that you can discuss this show on and there is a few other threads you can post on .

http://www.fanforum.com/f392/mcu-tv-...ield-63239633/

http://www.fanforum.com/f392/woman-m...come-63235255/

http://www.fanforum.com/f392/other-c...ered-63179737/

- Hayden Christensen
Old 06-21-2020, 06:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Thanks, Petra. Women of Marvel is great for our girls! I'll definitely try to post around there.

Totally understand and get it, Tori. The fact that we got the cancelation and then the show was not helpful. And with the virus happening, none of them really have new projects right now.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

hi jackie

of course as a huge runaways fan and a former co-mod, i know how difficult a decision this is. but i've been through many a board closing - sometimes you just know when the time is right. there always comes a day when there's nothing left to talk about. unfortunately, that day came a while ago. it was only thanks to dedicated posters who kept it going so long.

i know that my visits here have been scarce, for a variety of reasons. i still love runaways, but right now the only content is the comics (and that is on hold due to the pandemic) and most people here aren't comic fans. it's just how it is. i do think closing on our own terms rather than being forced to close is the right choice.

hey, for a small show, we had a very good run here.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-21-2020, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I’m sorry to hear this but once people stop posting about the show and in just games threads since the series ended it’s best to close the board on your terms.
I admit I saw one season but I wasn’t on ff then lol.
Good luck

Icon
"Give me a reason
You're silent when I'm screaming ,You took a piece of me And Now I'm Barely Breathing"
Old 06-22-2020, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Aww Jackie

I hate to say it but without the show and fewer comics the posts here have quietly been fading.

I still have a few episodes left to watch and will definitely post my ~reviews.

Very true about having other threads to post about the thread on. TV, Celebs, Couples.

This show really became more then just a show to a lot of us including me. Just like the Runaways we became a little family. It was nice having a place to chat and hang without having to worry about being judged or bullied. Love all of you!

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 06-22-2020, 09:11 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Twisty & Jordan We'll always find our paths crossing, as we have in the past.

Thanks for all your support, everyone. It feels for the best to move forward. There are threads at Couples for KN and GC.

We are family. We've learned a lot together and the adventure with these kids has been amazing. Remember back when they hated each other? They've progressed together. Learned to love themselves and be their true selves in so many ways - sexuality, anxiety, abuse, etc.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
Thanks, Petra. Women of Marvel is great for our girls! I'll definitely try to post around there.

Totally understand and get it, Tori. The fact that we got the cancelation and then the show was not helpful. And with the virus happening, none of them really have new projects right now.
We are there if you need it

You did well with this board for so many years you should be so proud

- Hayden Christensen
Old 06-23-2020, 04:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Hope y'all will join me on the Deanoru thread on the couples board
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 06-25-2020 at 06:57 AM
Old 06-23-2020, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Here's the TV show thread.

http://www.fanforum.com/f40/runaways...lves-63231100/
Old 06-25-2020, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

so sorry to hear this

thanks for everything

{}
Old 06-25-2020, 08:34 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Thanks, everyone!

I appreciate all the support. I've discussed this with Jerry. The board will be closing on Sunday, June 28.

We still have plenty of places to talk.

Runaways @ TV
Karolina & Nico @ Couples
Gert & Chase @ Couples