Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
^ beautiful gifset jackie

trust me, i would die for the comics storyline. a romance 13 (real life) years in the making. the slowest of slow burns.

Spoiler:

never getting over it.
don't take this personally but no thank you for the comic storyline . The show did so much better, I do admit not reading the comic, but even then i would never be interested in a 13 years of slow burn, relationship. they are lucky they have this small dedicated fanbase, hopefully they smart enough to not ***c this up.

Kudos to some of you

I personally not interested in storylinesi've seen million times, the usual slow burn, will they won't they ****, I'm to old for that now, I've seen all, there is nothing new there, any noob even the worst fanfiction writers can write **** like that.

don't show me story of how and why you can keep them apart, show me a relationship, a story of how and why you keep them together, why they are mean to be.So far that's what they did in the show, I hope they continue this road , and avoiding the usual, cliches, will they won't they, love triangle, memory loss, no thank you
Show me something i haven't seen before
Old 12-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

13 years for readers. But for Karolina and Nico it’s only been 2.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
13 years for readers. But for Karolina and Nico it’s only been 2.
I know the comic story basic details . yeah even worse. but Tv show not use our real time either you know .
Nevermind, i just said my opinion
Old 12-30-2018, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

I’m just glad from their POV it didn’t take 13 years.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I’m just glad from their POV it didn’t take 13 years.
Well that's one positive way to look at it . Like I said kudos to you guys, who waited for the comic 13 years to happen.

I like the changes they did in the show however. for matter, I really like that we actually see Nico falling in love Karolina, during season 2. also we see deanoru relationship from Nico perspective, that's why some may see that Nico is more in to Karolina than Karolina in to Nico, but thats not the case, we simply follow Nico more and see her feeling getting deeper toward Karolina until the point where she is ready to admit that She 'Lamps' her.

personally I really like these change, instead of just a simply adaptation and repetition of the comic storyline
Old 12-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I am happy we're getting more Nico's POV since S1 had it more from Karolina. And seeing Nico really falling for Karolina has been so wonderful to watch.

I would love a "I LAMP YOU" title at some point.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
don't take this personally but no thank you for the comic storyline . The show did so much better, I do admit not reading the comic, but even then i would never be interested in a 13 years of slow burn, relationship. they are lucky they have this small dedicated fanbase, hopefully they smart enough to not ***c this up.
eh, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. one thing that lead to the 13 years of slow burn is that the comics were on hiatus for 7 years (!!!!), so i think realistically k/n may have happened way back in like 2010/2011 if only the hiatus had not happened.

but i think that what was good is that the slowburn really showed why k/n works as a dynamic and helped people get really invested in it over all these years. josh and stephanie even said that they think the reason why k/n is both a thing in the show and comics now is because writers realize how amazing their dynamic is and want to give fans what they waited for for so long.

the comics will always be nearest and dearest to my heart because i read them first and loved them for so long. but i am really happy with where k/n are in the show and how they developed, of course. it's a different situation now and i think a long slowburn just wouldn't have worked or felt authentic in the show!
S T A R D U S T
Old 12-31-2018, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if it was always Brian K Vaughan’s intention to have them together, but he left before it could happen.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

stone femme

so cute
That looks so amazing
Old 01-01-2019, 05:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I wonder if it was always Brian K Vaughan’s intention to have them together, but he left before it could happen.
a friend of mine (who has liked runaways since 2003 and is a hardcore k/n fan) met bkv at a convention like a decade or so ago. according to her, she asked him about k/n and he said he wanted them to end up together. take it with a grain of salt, but my friend has told this story for years now, so.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

At least Rainbow Rowell seems to know what she’s doing with them.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
a friend of mine (who has liked runaways since 2003 and is a hardcore k/n fan) met bkv at a convention like a decade or so ago. according to her, she asked him about k/n and he said he wanted them to end up together. take it with a grain of salt, but my friend has told this story for years now, so.
Okay
Old 01-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
At least Rainbow Rowell seems to know what she’s doing with them.
i agree. i was super worried about her writing the characters when the revival was announced, but she's done a really good job!

x
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-02-2019, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

They're really in love.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They are