Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Favorite Match of all time?
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oooh tough one.

It's a toss between:

Undertaker VS Shawn Micheals (IYH: Badd Blood 97) - Not much needs to be said about this, first hell in a cell match and it was epic. Between getting rammed into the cage, both men fighting outside and on top only to have Shawn fall of onto a table. Then we get the introduction to Kane .. ahh, just awesome.

Bret Hart VS Stone Cold (WM13) - As most people have already said it was just a great build up to an even better then expected match. It's one I can (and do) watch over and over and still get so damn excited haha.

Bret Hart VS Mr Perfect (KOTR 93) - Two fine wrestling technicians at their best. This is just an amazing match to watch.

Shawn Michaels VS Mankind (Mind Games 96) - As it says, mind games, Mankind and Shawn had an amazing match and it was brutal. To top it off the ending was just .. well, unexpected. Seriously entertaining and high quality match.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

There are some that I could think of that I thoroughly enjoyed again and again.

Mr. Perfect/Macho Man Randy Savage VS Ric Flair/Razor Ramon (SS 1992) [YouTube]
Old school epic match right here. You don't need blood for this one but you really get in to the excitement of the match...and Bobby Heenan's commentary

Lita VS Victoria (Cage Steel Match) [YouTube]
When's the next time you'll see a cage match between two women? Only thing with this is that Matt Hardy just had to "ruin" it.
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
Favorite Match of all time?
I have a bunch I could serious make a whole box set collection of favorite matches

But if I had to pick an all time favorite I would probably have to say:

WM12 Iron Man Match: Shawn Micheals vs Bret Hart- This is my favorite for alot of reasons. For one this was the first ever Wrestlemania I got to watch live on PPV and it just so happened to be my 2 favorite wrestlers growing up at the time and 2 of my favorites all time wrestling in the first ever 60 minute iron man match. And they just put on a wrestling clinic. Basically every move ever was used in this match. It was just an excellent 60 minutes of wrestling that I will never forget and that never gets old I watch it today still as impressed as I was back then.

Other favorite of mine would be: Austin vs Bret- I Quit match WM13 -because it was like the end of one era and the start of another one. It was a passing of the torch even though Bret won it was the match that made Austin a star. Austins bloody face in the sharpshooter is still one of my all time favorite wrestling moments.

Others would be:
Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat- WM3
HBK vs Y2J- WM19
Undertaker vs HBK- first ever Hell In a Cell match Bad Blood 1997
Shawn Michaels vs Mankind - Mind Games 1996
Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle- WM21
Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker- No Way Out 2006
Bret Hart vs Undertaker- WWF One Night Only 1997
HHH vs Stone Cold Steve Austin- 3 Stages of Hell match No Way Out 2001
Randy Orton vs "Cactus Jack" Mick Foley- Backlash 2004

Theres probably some I am forgetting but I love all those matches above.

Favorite non WWE matches would be:

Cm Punk vs Somoa Joe- ROH Joe vs. Punk II
Dean Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero- 2/3 falls final ecw match for both guys, ECW 1995
Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles- Last Man Standing Match TNA Hard Justice 2008
Somoa Joe vs AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels- TNA Unbreakable 2005
Christian Cage vs Samoa Joe- TNA Destination X 2007

2013 NBA Champs

Last edited by XChris76X; 04-15-2009 at 10:57 PM
XChris76X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I am a basketball genius!

Good list. Seen most of those. Need to see those TNA matches though. You think any matches at Backlash will probably become your favorites? I hope Last Man Standing becomes 1 of mine. May be best evers.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Good list. Seen most of those. Need to see those TNA matches though. You think any matches at Backlash will probably become your favorites? I hope Last Man Standing becomes 1 of mine. May be best evers.
Yeah if you haven't seen the Chris Daniels vs AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe triple threat then its a must see. The best triple threat match I have ever seen and one of the best matches I ever saw. Definitely the best TNA match ever.

I doubt any match at Backlash will be one of my favs lol. But then again Backlash does usually have some great matches that end up being match of the year candidate matches. But there is only 3 matches named so far and the Last Man Standing and the expected Swagger vs Christian ECW title match could end up being great matches. Also I expect another match between Matt and Jeff which could be good.

2013 NBA Champs
Old 04-16-2009, 12:05 PM

You think those will 4 will be the matches then? I expect a Divas title match to be added as well.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You think those will 4 will be the matches then? I expect a Divas title match to be added as well.
Obviously there will be a few more matches 4 isn't enough for a whole PPV. 2 or 3 more matches will probably be made this week. Probably a womens match of some kind and an IC or US title match. I'm hoping they make Jericho and Rey for the IC title that would be a great match and would just sell the PPV for me.

2013 NBA Champs
Old 04-16-2009, 01:00 PM

Those 4 matches would be worth paying for this PPV to me. Jericho VS. Rey might happen. Need to get that feud going quickly though. Interesting there's going to be a WWE PPV called ''Extreme Rules'' this June. Hope RVD shows up.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Those 4 matches would be worth paying for this PPV to me. Jericho VS. Rey might happen. Need to get that feud going quickly though. Interesting there's going to be a WWE PPV called ''Extreme Rules'' this June. Hope RVD shows up.
I need one more big match before I decide to get Backlash I am not a fan of the 6 man tag Main event WWE title match. I would have preferred the Orton/HHH No DQ match they are having on RAW this week at Backlash instead. Plus I'm not a fan of a PPV without HBK, Undertaker, Jericho, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio so I need some of those guys to be added for me to buy it. I know HBK is on break and they really don't have time to do anything with Taker but hopefully they make Jericho vs Rey or Jericho vs Punk for Backlash just to get them on the card. Jericho vs Rey would be easy to do they have enough history that one promo between them would be fine to set up a match plus it could be for the IC title.

Thats not really interesting they have had that PPV the last few years its just One Night Stand with a new name . They finally realized since its not a ECW show anymore it was stupid to call it One Night Stand plus that title is apparently is inappropriate fro their new PG rating . So its just Extreme Rules now same as the last few years every match on the card will be Extreme with some type of stipulation. So should be a good PPV last year it was one of my favorite PPVs(had some great matches Batista/HBK stretcher match and Edge/Taker TLC) and has been great almost every year. I doubt RVD will make an appearance because its no longer a ECW reunion PPV like the first 2 where. But maybe who knows.

2013 NBA Champs

Last edited by XChris76X; 04-16-2009 at 01:39 PM
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Website Manager

Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

I always thought that was a strange pairing thank god Paul Bearer came along because Brother Love and Undertaker didn't fit at all

2013 NBA Champs
Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

my all time would be HBK v Y2J WM 19
though their matches this year may actually be better
Honorary mention to Bret v Austin WM 13
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

I loved HBK and Jerichos ladder match last year I forgot to add that because its so new but that is my favorite ladder match ever so thats up there too.

I just liked their WM 19 match the most because it had no stipulation it was just a great back and fourth solid wrestling match and it was their first match together so at the time it was a dream match so that match will always be more special for me than the others. But overall their feud last year was better than that feud but I liked that match more but the matches last year where great too.

2013 NBA Champs
Old 04-17-2009, 12:17 PM

I enjoyed their match at WrestleMania XIX also. Y2J needs to get back into title contention. May be start a feud with RKO or HHH after Backlash.
Reply   Post New Thread