Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOffMyLawn (View Post)
Just signed up for the WWE Network because 10 dollars is a steal for all the content and OMG the memories. Been watching Raw from 1993, then watched the last WCW Nitro, I'll probably head back and watch a few PPVs from the WWF in 1990/1991. I don't have the time for all of this lol.
That's an awesome thing to do! The main reason I have the WWE network is for the content in the past.

I actually started watching live in 1999 but I still like to relive moments from the Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars.
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
That's an awesome thing to do! The main reason I have the WWE network is for the content in the past.

I actually started watching live in 1999 but I still like to relive moments from the Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars.
I started watching about the same time - 1998 and got interest in what came before so I always went back and rented DVDs and VHS tapes of the 1985-1997 era. I spent so much money as a teen doing that but now it's great I can watch it all for pocket change . Oh and I loved the attitude era. I need to catch up on the ruthless aggression era as I lost interest at that point but I heard 2002-2003 years are pretty amazing. And I really enjoyed watching Edge & Lita later on so I need to watch more of his heel run. So sad his career came to an end.

Last edited by GetOffMyLawn; 02-17-2019 at 08:05 PM
GetOffMyLawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I actually still do have some VHS tapes from episodes I recorded 2002 - 2005. lol I just never let it go since it was a part of my collection for WWE.

I lost interest more around 2007... I felt that's when the product really started losing me but I sticked with it even though it has been getting worst and worst since.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Roman Reigns returning Monday for a announcement...
Old 03-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Cool. On the most recent episode of ''RAW'' that I've been watching I believe Becky Lynch attacked Stephanie if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully you all are more caught up than me.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

So Ronda Rousey had a heel turn. Interesting. There's also this from mmmania.com

Ronda Rousey heel turn: WWE is scripted, fake and pro wrestling b*tches can’t touch me!

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women’s bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey, is here to remind you that she is (or was) a professional fighter and all these “bitches” in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) are just actors who would get their asses whooped in a real fight against “Rowdy.”

That’s because wrasslin’ is scripted entertainment and not real fighting (duh) and her nasty delivery of that message is what passes for “heat” these days, because Rousey is now a heel and you, the loyal WWE fan, are supposed to boo and hiss every time she takes the ring.

“I’m not going out there and doing their act anymore,” Rousey said. “They can say it’s part of the act to try and save face but it’s not an act. I’m going out there and doing whatever the hell I want and they can explain it however they want, but ‘em. Everybody. WWE Universe included. I meant that I’m going to disrespect the sport that they all love so much. ‘Oh don’t break kayfabe, Ronda!’ Wrestling is scripted. It’s made up. It’s not real. None of those bitches can touch me. The end.”

This promo and the entire program is stupid. I don’t care about breaking the fourth wall or any of that other stuff, it just makes no sense to play the rogue badass fighter who won’t play by the rules only to go into the ring and ... play by the rules. Even if she wins by submission, it’s not like she’s going to do this.

Do you think it's a good idea for WWE to go down this path for Rosey to get heat? I'm surprised at this point that she had a heel turn even. Seemed like it was going well for her before then.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I heard about that... not sure what to thing about this.

And I still don't get the point of Charlotte being in the Ronda vs Becky match.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Oh. I didn't know she was in that match as I'm not caught up on ''RAW'' yet. I saw from the 11/02/2019 episode, which I don't know how you type your dates, but am using the Canadian version they use on passports. It's day/month/year format. Anyway on this episode from last month ago that Becky Lynch was given a title match at WrestleMania by HHH & Stephanie only to have it shortly after be taken away & given to Charlotte. Becky was of course pissed, but I'm still a few episodes behind.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It's okay, I know what date you mean.

Thus far I feel the McMahons involvement is hurting this match more than helping. lol
And I still disliked what happened at the Rumble... I believe Becky Lynch should've already had a spot instead of taking Lana's spot....

I feel everything could've been written better here. lol
Old 03-20-2019, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Oh. All right. I am seeing new characters show up on RAW from NXT apparently. I don't watch NXT these days & am not familiar with their characters lately that come over to RAW & SmackDown. Do you have any favorites in the past year or so from there?
Old 03-24-2019, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been enjoying Elias for the main part but the WWE just doesn't use him correct.
Also ridiculous how WWE stopped Ruseve momentum.

I am enjoying this Kofi storyline right now even if I dislike seeing him keep get screwed over.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Yeah. It is odd that Rusev hasn't been around for a while. I watched the March 4th episode of ''RAW'' & it was the 1 where Bautista apparently beat up Ric Flair, but maybe he did something else to him. It didn't show how Flair got put on the ground. I guess he got knocked out. It was on his 70th B-Day too.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ That's what happened. lol Batista attacked Flair to send Triple H a message.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Darn. I'm going to miss WrestleMania this month. Enjoy the show to all that watch.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

So, anyone watch WrestleMania yesterday? Apparently it quite a long show. Tough that Kurt Angle lost his apparent final WWE match.
Reply   Post New Thread