Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

I would too.

I pre-ordered the DVD today at Suncoast.

Donna
Old 03-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's so cool.

Jade Lizabetta Lautner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

EDDIE THE EAGLE Biopic, Featuring Hugh Jackman, to Hit Theaters Next Spring

Quote:
The upcoming biopic EDDIE THE EAGLE, which tells the story of Michael 'Eddie the Eagle' Edwards, the UK's first ski jumper to enter the Winter Olympics in 1988, will hit the big screen in 2016, according to Deadline.

Taron Egerton stars in the title role, with Hugh Jackman as 'Bronson Peary', a coach based on real-life ski expert Chuck Berghorn.

Fox has slated an April 29, 2016, release for the film, directed by Dexter Fletcher. FINDING NEVERLAND composer Gary Barlow is also set to write songs for the film, which has a script by Sean Macaulay.

Production began in the Alps over the weekend.

Jackman stars in the upcoming movie musical THE GREATEST SHOWMAN ON EARTH, based on the life of PT Barnum and set for release on Christmas Day 2016.

The Academy Award nominated, Golden Globe and Tony Award winning actor, who recently starred in Broadway's THE RIVER, made his first major U.S. film appearance as Wolverine in the first installment of the X-MEN series, a role he reprised in several sequels and prequels. Jackman's other feature film credits include PRISONERS, LES MISERABLES, RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, REAL STEEL, AUSTRALIA, THE FOUNTAIN, THE PRESTIGE, KATE AND LEOPOLD and more.

The actor appeared on Broadway in HUGH JACKMAN - BACK ON BROADWAY in the fall of 2011. Additional credits include A STEADY RAIN in 2009 and THE BOY FROM OZ, for which Jackman received the 2004 Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical as well as Drama Desk, Drama League, Outer Critics Circle and Theatre World awards. Jackman's continued dedication to the Broadway community was feted at the 2012 Tony Awards, where he received a Special Tony Award.

Photo: Instagram

Old 03-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the article.

Donna
Old 03-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why Taron Egerton should be the next Spiderman. | moviepilot.com

Quote:
In not so recent but still pretty awesome news, Marvel and Sony has come to an agreement to allow Spiderman to be apart of the Marvel Studios Cinematic Universe. The comic book world and fans went in a frenzy with news that spidey will in Captain America: Civil War.

Now the news comes the question..who will don the Spidey suit? I personally really want to see newcomer Taron Egerton from the Kingsman: A Secret Service do it. I have my reasons, some will agree and some won't we all are entitled to our opinions. The reason why I think Taron should do it is because he's a badass, he has attitude. Taron can bring something to the character that we haven't really seen before.

Plus, the first time we see him won't be an origin story so at this point in Captain America: Civil War he might have been Spiderman for a while. The other reason why I think he would be a good fit for the role is he's already worked with Samuel L. Jackson. So all Sam has to do is give him the MCU co-sign and Taron is in there! Third and last reason why I think so is..He looks good in glasses.

Everyone knows the big part of playing Peter Parker is his glasses.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Taron would be a great Spider-Man.

Donna
Old 03-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think so too.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Interstellar and Kingsman: The Secret Service claim biggest accolades at Empire Awards | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
It was a memorable night for Interstellar and Kingsman: The Secret Service as the 20th Jameson Empire Awards celebrated another 12 months of cinema in London on Sunday evening.
Helmed by British director Christopher Nolan and starring Jessica Chastain, Interstellar walked away with two of the night’s biggest prizes – Best Film and

Both were in attendance at Park Lane’s Grosvenor House, but their overwhelming success on the night was matched by that of the British spy-caper.

Despite the absence of principal cast-members Taron Egerton and Colin Firth, the Matthew Vaughn directed spoof – nominated in four categories – claimed awards for Best British Film and Best Newcomer.

The latter went to rising star Egerton, whose filming commitments as Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards in a biopic about the former skier saw him miss the event.
But while the actor was unable to collect his award in person, co-star Mark Strong was on hand to bestow the Best Thriller award – won by The Imitation Game – to Alex Lawther.

In the absence of leading stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Kiera Knightley, the young actor gratefully accepted the accolade on behalf of the Oscar-nominated film.

Elsewhere Knightley – currently expecting her first child with husband James Righton – lost out in the Best Actress category.

Somewhat inevitably it was Rosamund Pike who triumphed for her stirring performance alongside Ben Affleck in Gone Girl – a role that previously won her deserved nominations at the Golden Globes and 87th annual Academy Awards.

Accepting her award via video link on Sunday evening she told the audience: ‘I cannot believe that the one time I can’t attend an award ceremony is the one time I win.

‘I’ve become so accomplished at losing I have no idea what to say now I’ve won.’

Karen Gillan was another winner on the night; the Scottish star, who looked stunning in a sleeveless shirt dress, claimed the award for Best Female Newcomer courtesy of her post Doctor Who role in Marvel adventure Guardians Of The Galaxy.

The delighted star later tweeted a picture of herself with the award on Twitter, captioning the shot: ‘Look at what you did! To all who voted; THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!’

Elsewhere X Men: Days Of Future Past claimed the award for Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy, with Empire host James McAvoy – a young Charles Xavier in the film – on hand to receive it.

British film Paddington was named Best Comedy, while The Babadook scooped the award for Best Horror.

Character actor and motion capture master Andy Serkis was also honoured on the night, winning the award for Best Actor following his portrayal of Caesar in Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes.

There were separate wins on the night for Nolan, who claimed the Empire Inspiration Award, and Ralph Fiennes, who was named Empire Legend.

Donna
Old 04-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great that Taron won.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

There’s A ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ Sequel In The Works | People's Choice

Quote:
Get ready for more undercover action.

According to TheWrap, a sequel to the Matthew Vaughn-directed surprise hit, Kingsman: The Secret Service, is in development at 20th Century Fox.

Based on the comic book The Secret Service, written by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons, Kingsman: The Secret Service tells the tale of a super-secret spy organization that recruits an unrefined but promising street kid (Gary “Eggsy” Unwin) into the agency’s ultra-competitive training program. Eggsy joins a mission to thwart a global threat from a wealthy eco-terrorist.

It’s currently unknown if Vaughn, who previously directed 2011’s X-Men: First Class and Kick Ass, will be available to helm the sequel, as he is in talks to direct a reboot of the 1930s comic book series Flash Gordon.

Featuring an all-star cast, including Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine, and Taron Egerton, the London-set film has grossed over $401 million at the global box office, while also garnering a favorable 74% rating on the review website Rotten Tomatoes.

Kingsman: The Secret Service will be available on Blu-ray and DVD June 9.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Ooo, thank you for the news.

Donna
Old 05-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:33 PM