Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

So exciting and happy for Ryan and Blake!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

‘Deadpool’s Ryan Reynolds Starts ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Movie | Deadline
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Jen!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks
Old 04-30-2016, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the link.

Ryan Reynolds | Ryan Reynolds Set Up Twitter To Troll Himself | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds set up his Twitter account to say awful things... to himself.

The Deadpool actor revealed his bizarre sense of humour in an interview with British newspaper The Metro to promote his new advert for BT Infinity's Got Faster Campaign.

When asked about his Twitter biography - which describes the 39-year-old Canadian star as Uncle Dale's nephew - he seemed slightly hesitant as to what answer to give.

"Er, yeah. I don't know if I should reveal the truth behind that or not," he stuttered during the interview with Metro.

"Er, well. I don't really have an Uncle Dale. He's just a character I invented to say awful things to Ryan Reynolds on social media," he explained.

Ryan, who clearly has a bizarre sense of humour adds: "So usually he's trolling me in some hideous way and I just think that's kind of funny.

"I guess I wanted to see what it would feel like to be both trolled and trollee....," he laughed.

The actor has enjoyed massive success with superhero film Deadpool, which broke several box office records including biggest R-rated opening weekend with $132.7 million (£92million) over Friday-to-Sunday, and biggest opening weekend for first-time director, Tim Miller. But Ryan also revealed what his backup plan was if he hadn't made it as an actor.

"Well, I come from a long line of cops... so I'd probably have become a firefighter, just to p**s them off."

It was recently reported that Ryan and wife Blake Lively, who are already parents to 16-month-old daughter James, are expecting their second child. And father-of-one Ryan was ready with some helpful advice when asked what he would tell his 16-year-old self.

"Probably just to chill out a bit. Take a few breaths and just know that the race is long - it's a marathon not a sprint," he answered wisely.

Ryan has been signed up for Deadpool 2, and will next star in film Life, with a script written by the same team behind the hit movie, Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese. It will be shot in London this summer (16).

The wise-cracking actor will be moving away from comedy for this production, as the sci-fi movie is set on a space station.

"It's dramatic science-fiction and that's all I can really say about it but it should be a lot of fun. Lord knows I love shooting in London so it should be a great experience..." he smiled.
Ryan Reynolds | Ryan Reynolds Donates To Cinema Fined For Deadpool Screening | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds has donated $5,000 (GBP3,450) to bosses at a Utah movie theatre who were fined for breaking the law by screening his R-rated film Deadpool.

State law prohibits owners of establishments which serve alcohol from showing nudity and sex acts, and officials at the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control have cited the managers of the Brewvies theatre in Salt Lake City after undercover police officers caught a screening of the racy Marvel blockbuster in February (16).

The cinema bosses have been charged with breaking obscenity laws during a screening of the film, which includes scenes simulating sex while nude, brief male full-frontal nudity and a suggestive scene in the credits involving a cartoon unicorn.

Shortly after they were cited, the theatre owners launched a crowdfunding campaign on GoFundMe.com in an effort to raise at least $75,000 (GBP51,772) to help them pay their legal fees, and on Sunday (24Apr16), Ryan, the star and producer of the movie, took to Twitter.com to share a link to the Brewvies campaign, and sarcastically added, "Thank god, they've found a way to legislate fun."

The actor also donated $5,000 to the cause, which has now raised over $16,000 (GBP11,044) since launching on 19 April (16).

The Brewvies case is scheduled to be heard at Utah's Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control in May (16).
Ryan Reynolds: Deadpool star supports Utah movie theater | EW.com

Quote:
A Utah movie theater is facing a big punishment for serving alcohol while showing Deadpool, and Ryan Reynolds is showing solidarity with the cinema.

The actor donated $5,000 to the Salt Lake City-based Brewvies, a theater that permits alcohol to be sold on premises. The business is facing a revoked liquor license for showing “films like Deadpool, Hangover 2, Magic Mike XXL and Ted 2,” the GoFundMe page — where Reynolds’ donation is public — reads. “We are fighting for the State of Utah to respect our First Amendment freedom of speech.”

Brewvies faces a $25,000 fine for serving alcohol during Deadpool, a film with “nudity and simulated sex,” according to the Associated Press, under an obscenity law generally used to regulate strip clubs. Reynolds sarcastically tweeted about the matter Sunday, writing, “Thank god, they’ve found a way to legislate fun.”

The case will come before the state’s Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control in May. Head to the AP for more about the case.
Ryan Reynolds | Ryan Reynolds Posts Moving Tribute To Young Cancer Victim | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds has paid tribute to a young Deadpool fan who died after a battle with cancer.

The actor took to Facebook.com on Thursday (28Apr16) to share a heartfelt and witty post dedicated to Connor MCGrath, who had been the first member of public to see his portrayal of Marvel superhero Deadpool on the big screen, prior to its release in February (16).

Ryan met Connor and his family through the Make-A-Wish foundation earlier this year (16) and became close friends before the 13-year-old died following a three-year battle with leukaemia.

The star's Facebook tribute honoured his "funny, great friend", who had passed away too soon.

"In my wildest dreams, I can't imagine how hard this is for his parents Kim and Gerald - along with his extended family in Newfoundland," Ryan wrote. "Connor was 13. But this kid... He was smart. He was funny. And not just funny 'for a kid' - or funny 'for a person battling something awful'. He was unqualified funny. He had that... thing. He went way too early and it's impossible to reconcile."

Describing the his fellow Canadian as "a great friend, a great son, and a light to the people lucky enough to know him", Ryan revealed he made everyone laugh, including the staff who cared for him at Edmonton's Stollery Children's Hospital, all while "repeatedly punching cancer in the balls".

The actor also revealed Connor was the first person to see R-rated movie Deadpool.

"I travelled up to Edmonton, Alberta to surprise him with a rough cut of the film," he continued. "There were still huge sections with wires we hadn't yet painted out, jokes which weren't working (and still aren't) and green screens. Connor didn't seem to mind. And I'd never felt luckier to get to be Wade Wilson (Deadpool)."

He then quipped, "Before you jump down my throat for showing a 13 year old an R-Rated film, please know this kid knew more swear words than a British chef!"

Ryan, who is said to be expecting his second child with actress wife Blake Lively, then encouraged his fans to make a donation to the The Make-A-Wish Foundation.

He signed off on the moving tribute to Connor by writing, "See ya down the road, Bubba."
Ryan Reynolds Pays Tribute To 13-Year-Old Cancer Patient | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Connor McGrath had met the ‘Deadpool’ star through the Make-a-Wish foundation.

Actor Ryan Reynolds has paid a touching tribute to a 13-year-old Deadpool fan, who sadly lost his battle with cancer earlier this week. Conor McGrath met the actor though the Make-A-Wish Foundation three years ago and was first person to see Deadpool, earlier this year.

Ryan Reynolds has posted a tribute to a 13-year-old Deadpool fan who died from cancer.

On Facebook the actor wrote: ‘For three straight years, my friend, Connor McGrath drop-kicked cancer... Not sure how... Maybe the cancer cheated... But the fight came to an end two nights ago….Connor was 13. But this kid... He was smart. He was funny. And not just funny 'for a kid' - or funny 'for a person battling something awful'. He was unqualified funny. He had that... thing.’

‘It was the Make-A-Wish Foundation that brought us together. I can't thank them enough. Seriously. Thank you. Because of his wish, Connor was the first person to see Deadpool. I traveled up to Edmonton, Alberta to surprise him with a rough cut of the film. There were still huge sections with wires we hadn't yet painted out, jokes which weren't working (and still aren't) and green screens. Connor didn't seem to mind.’

The actor then added that before anyone jumped down his throat for showing the 13-year-old an R-Rated film, Conor ‘knew more swear words than a British chef.’ ‘I went back to Edmonton 6 weeks later and I wish I could say things were looking up,’ Reynolds continued. ‘After my visit, I didn't know if I was saying goodbye or see ya later. Sitting here now, I realize it was both.’

Reynolds ended his tribute by saying the the two has met because of Conor’s love for Deadpool, but ’in a certain sense he WAS Deadpool. Or, at least everything Deadpool aspires to be; balancing pain, fearlessness, love and a filthy (filthy!) sense of humor in one body. I wish he could've stuck around a lot longer.’

Donna
Old 05-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Ryan Reynolds | Ryan Reynolds Jokes After Scattering Dad's Ashes | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds attempted to make light of a dark day after scattering his late father's ashes on Thursday (19May16).

The Deadpool star took to Twitter in October (15) to share the sad news his father James C. Reynolds has passed away following a 20-year battle with Parkinson's disease.

"RIP Pops," he wrote. "James C. Reynolds. 1941-2015".

On Thursday, he said goodbye to his dad one last time after scattering his remains at an undisclosed location, but Ryan returned to the microblogging site to share the details of the sad affair with his fans, and couldn't help but crack a joke.

"A family having a picnic about two hundred yards downwind, ate, like, half my Dad's ashes this morning," he wrote.

Ryan has been open about his dad's struggle with the disease, even writing an op-ed for The Huffington Post in 2008, explaining how his father's condition had inspired him to take part in the New York City marathon.

"I've watched my father - a strong and proud person who successfully raised (four) arguably insane children - slowly, cruelly stripped of his independence," he wrote. "His golden years robbed without explanation. It quite obviously sucks. Witnessing my Dad suffer over the years galvanized my need to step up...

"One of the reasons I chose RUNNING specifically, was because... my competition is the most formidable foe of all; ME. The person I have to beat is the guy I was last week. The person I was yesterday. Indescribably worse, those affected by Parkinson's wage a similar war in their own bodies every single day.

"Unlike a marathon, their struggle won't end in a shallow pool of vomit just outside Tavern On The Green (in New York) while waiting for an ambulance. They continue day in and day out, silently battling away in the most personal of struggles..."

Donna
Old 06-10-2016, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Ryan Reynolds | Ryan Reynolds Is New Face Of Piaget Watches | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds will be keeping time with luxury watch designer Piaget after signing on as a new brand ambassador.

The stylish Deadpool star will model the firm's collection of watches in a new international advertising campaign, and the actor admits he has always admired the "iconic" timepieces since he was "just a little kid".

"You can't find a more iconic brand, or one which better exemplifies craftsmanship, elegance and creativity," Ryan tells Pret-a-Reporter. "I work in a field in which things can be cast away quite quickly. So when you find something iconic, something timeless, it's important."

Piaget CEO Philippe Leopold-Metzger explains Blake Lively's husband is the perfect person to front the brand because he has the charisma, good looks, and onscreen talent to represent the company around the world.

He adds, "Like Piaget, he fearlessly brings creativity to his art."

Ryan also celebrated the new role by taking to Instagram.com on Thursday (09Jun16) to share his new ad.

"I could not be more proud and happy to have joined the @piaget family!," he writes, before joking, "I'll greatly miss my real family, but we all know this is for the best."

The Canadian joins actress Jessica Chastain as a brand ambassador, after she was appointed the new face of Piaget's jewellery division in early 2015.

The Zero Dark Thirty star hit the red carpet at the 2015 Golden Globe Awards in Los Angeles dripping in 34 carats-worth of diamonds on loan from the top firm, and days later, she was unveiled as the company's celebrity spokesmodel.

A statement released by the actress at the time read: "It is an incredible honor to be in partnership with Piaget. Their attention to detail is unparalleled and their beautiful collection reflects the company's motto to 'Always do better than necessary.'"

Donna
Old 06-18-2016, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

This Is How Determined Ryan Reynolds Was to Get Bea Arthur in Deadpool

Quote:
Deadpool’s love of Bea Arthur has been a long-running joke in the comics, and one that got the most subtle lip service in Merc with a Mouth’s hit movie thanks to the late Golden Girls actress appearing on one of Wade Wilson’s tank tops. And it took a concerted effort by Ryan Reynolds to do so... as well as a sizable check.

The film’s commentary tracks have revealed that Reynolds made a $10,000 payment to use Arthur’s likeness in the film; however, the money didn’t go to Arthur’s estate, but instead an undisclosed charity. But the only reason the team behind Deadpool got to the stage of making that donation was Ryan Reynold’s own determination to include the homage.

In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Arthur’s son Daniel Saks recalls Reynolds personally paying him a visit while the two were working on separate projects at Fox. Saks noted that because it was Reynolds himself who showed up to ask, he and his brother were much more open to allowing Deadpool to use Arthur’s likeness:

I was on Dharma & Greg on Stage 21 at Fox when Ryan was on Stage 20 doing Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place. He was always a nice guy, and the fact that it was him gave it more weight with me and my brother, Matthew. We thought, ‘Why not?’
A lot of effort for one tiny gag, but clearly worth it for Reynolds— as well as many Deadpool fans, I’m sure.

Donna
Old 06-21-2016, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Me too.

Blake Lively Says Ryan Reynolds as a Dad ‘Equals Mic Drop’ | Blake Lively, Pregnant Celebrities, Ryan Reynolds : Just Jared

Quote:
Blake Lively leaves her hotel and heads to the studio to tape an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Monday (June 20) in New York City.

The 28-year-old pregnant actress was joined by her husband Ryan Reynolds, who followed her outside of the hotel.

Blake took to her Instagram account the day before to wish Ryan a happy Father’s Day with a special note.

“@vancityreynolds as a father= mic drop. Happy Day, to the best one out there. (And also to all the other papas whose family thinks THEY’RE the best one) ❤️❤️❤️,” Blake wrote.

Donna
Old 06-24-2016, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Ryan Reynolds’ 5-Piece Outfit is Worth Copying All Summer Long | GQ

Donna
Old 07-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Ryan Reynolds | Deadpool 2 production due to start in 2017 | Contactmusic.com

Donna
Old 07-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Show PDA During Fourth of July Getaway – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com

Donna
Old 07-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Deadpool 2? Awesome!!
Old 07-06-2016, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Ryan Reynolds Shows Off Leg Tattoos While Shirtless! (Photos) | Bikini, Blake Lively, Pregnant Celebrities, Ryan Reynolds, Shirtless : Just Jared

Donna
Old 07-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Shirtless Ryan is always a nice sight.
Reply   Post New Thread