Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Website Manager

Requests Guidelines (Please Read)

******** REVISED RULES FOR FAN FORUM REQUESTS ********

The Request Rules are revised and updated periodically, so please check back here every so often so you can stay informed.

1. VERY IMPORTANT - Only vote for a new forum if YOU plan on posting on the forum on a regular basis. It's pointless to vote for a forum if you don’t plan to post on it, and it defeats the purpose of adding new forums. We've also noticed that some people will vote for a new forum because they see that it’s “winning” when they view the poll results, so from now on, all poll results will be hidden, and we’ll announce the poll winners after the polls have closed.
    • It is illegal to:
      • Trade votes
      • Get your friends to vote who would not normally post on the new forum
      • Use multiple accounts to vote
    • Campaign Rules:
      • Do not ask for votes on other topics or start threads simply asking for votes. You can post on related threads asking people to join the campaign thread, but don't blatantly take over a thread which isn't a campaign thread for purposes of campaigning.
      • Do not discuss, ask for votes, or link to campaigns on other campaigns even if they may be related (ie celeb on TV show)
      • Do not ask for votes on other sites such as LiveJournal, MySpace, and other sites.
      • Do not vote for forum requests you have no intention of posting on regularly, much less at all.
      • PM’s reminding/asking people to vote may ONLY be sent out to posters whose names are on an Appreciation/Support List that's located in the campaign thread on this forum. The posters’ names MUST be on this list to receive these PM reminders/requests to vote.
      • This list can be generated by the following methods:
        1. Posters posting on the campaign thread and/or asking there to join the list.
        2. Campaign organizers can ONE TIME ONLY PM posters on appropriate appreciation, support, and other related threads elsewhere on Fan Forum asking them if they'd like to join the campaign (by posting on the thread via #1), and have their names added to the Appreciation/Support List on the Campaign thread on the Requests forum, and receive monthly reminders about votes. A separate list of people who have been contacted and who have responded that they prefer not to be PM'd should be maintained since continuing to PM these people would be considered spam and basis for disqualification.
      • You can NOT randomly PM posters, regardless of whether they are posters on the appropriate threads/boards or not, just asking for votes each month. ALL PMS that are sent must be directed at posters whose names are on the new campaign thread lists.
    • Failure to Follow the Rules: Failure to follow the rules may result in votes being removed from the polls, the polls being reset, the board request being removed from the polls for the month in question, or infractions or bans given to the duplicates found, or voting privileges removed... main accounts as well. If we discover you used another account to vote your vote will be removed from the poll as well. Please make sure your name is on the alphabetical campaign thread list otherwise the vote will be removed.
  2. Please do not submit moderator applications for forums that haven't been added yet. Any applications for non-existing forums will be deleted.
  3. New Forums are added based on poll number results, and in general, a maximum of 2 forums a month will be added. In order to have a new forum added, the winning forum requests need to have at least 100 votes and be in separate polls. All forum requests submitted must fit into one of the two poll categories. Anyone that votes for a forum request must have their name listed in the Campaign thread for the request. The top vote getters from each category will get a board if they are over the required 100 vote minimum. We have combined the Music Artists Category and the Celebrities Category into one category called the Celebrities/Music Artists Category because we noticed that some of the new forums that have been added by using the three category system haven't done nearly as well as they should here, so we want to make sure that the new forums that are added will have a substantial number of members posting on them.
  4. The new forums that are voted in each month will be placed in the New Forums Category for a three month trial period, and post counts will be conducted every week during this trial period. All new forums must have at least 100 posts per week during that trial period. Any new forum that doesn't meet the minimum posting requirements four times during this three month trial period will be closed.
  5. Once a year, we will have a special poll for requests that don’t fit into the existing forum categories. The same rules apply to adding a forum from that poll that apply to adding a forum from the Celebrities and Television Show Polls, and the winner from this special poll will be added into the New Forums Category.
  6. We will also have a special poll every summer to add forums for television shows that will be premiering in the Fall. The winners of that poll will be placed in the TV Shows: New category, and we won't start the trial period for the forums in that category until the television shows have actually aired and the shows have been allowed to build an audience here.
  7. You have to have at least 500 posts here prior to submitting a forum request. You also need more than 50 posts to vote for a forum request. Once a forum request is submitted it cannot be changed to another forum request. Any submission shown as edited will not be accepted. You are limited to requesting one forum request per submission thread. You should have at least 500 posts before starting a campaign thread. The campaign starters are expected to maintain any campaign functions on the thread, including keeping an up to date support list on the thread.
  8. The Celebrities/Music Artists Category poll will be limited to 10 Celebrity Requests, 10 Music Artist Requests, and 10 first requested for a total of 30. The TV Shows Category will also be limited to 30 Requests. A poll should have at least 10 valid submissions or it may not run.
  9. Campaign threads will be allowed for all entertainment related requests, regardless of whether the request is currently in the polls. Please check the guide thread for an existing thread before starting a new thread. Feel free to ask on the guide if a campaign exists, as it may not be fully up to date. Campaign threads are not allowed on other boards. Anything related to a campaign such as 'vote avatars' should only be posted on the campaign thread for others to use.
  10. Unlike other forums, Campaign threads here remain open until the new forum is opened for the request in question to keep the campaigning in one spot. The 300 post limit that normally applies to threads here does not apply to Campaign threads. The only threads that regularly get new threads on the Requests Forum are polls, submission threads, and threads such as Off Topic which aren’t campaign threads.
  11. It's fine for campaigners to discuss possible thread ideas, but people can’t “claim” threads to start when the new forum opens. Anyone is free to start a thread on a new forum when it’s time to do so.
  12. Do not publicly complain if a forum request has been taken off the polls or about any other decision that has been made.

FAQ

FAQ: Why is a certain request on the submission thread and polls a different colour than the other options?
A: Polls and submissions whereby the option is in a different colour (pink or red currently) instead of the standard colour is to display that the Request has had a forum here in the past which had been closed.
FAQ: Why do the poll links at the top of the page go to a page that I don’t have access to?
A: It should be noted that the Forum Links on the top of all the pages forward to the current polls and submission threads, however since we are on a Dual Server the poll links will not update right away for everybody and can take up to a day to get in sync with the other server (much like an avatar usually takes at least an hour for everyone else to see). To visit the new polls and submission threads before they update, just visit the Requests board via the drop down menu. Basically, when you are directed to that page, it means that the link is still going to the old poll which has been moved to a private forum to avoid confusion.
FAQ: The Special Requests thread... What is done with those requests?
A: Requests on these threads will be discussed on the Management Team forum and the appropriate ones will be added to a once a year poll and the winner will be added to the New Forums Category. The winner in this poll must have at least 100 votes at the end of the month to be added and forum requests for this poll need to have a campaign thread.
FAQ: What are examples of allowed threads to one time PM to ask to join a campaign?
A: Related threads such as Shipper threads, Appreciation threads, and Character threads. People on poll threads should not be PMed since it's not exclusive to that submission.
FAQ: What are examples of related threads to mention the campaign from time to time?
A: Threads listed above, plus if you notice people who says they voted on the appropriate poll thread you can reply to them mentioning the campaign thread. People should not be PMed though unless they are on the threads mentioned above as a poll thread is not specific to that one submission.
FAQ: Why did x submission lose x amount of votes suddenly?
A: Duplicates are checked at certain times of the month... not a set schedule... so sometimes many duplicates will be discovered at once... it doesn't mean that some kind of error happened and the poll messed up because that's unlikely to happen. If a request loses votes it's most likely because duplicate accounts were removed from the vote counter and banned, there are other reasons for votes to be removed but duplicates are the main reason. Also, if someone votes for a forum request and they’re not listed on the support list on the Campaign thread for the request, their vote will be removed. People can ask to be added to the supporters list throughout the month. We haven’t specified that supporters have to be on the list for any length of time. This is more about making people think about an actual commitment to the forum request rather than just voting because they can.
FAQ: Why did x submission get disqualified?
A: Disqualification is a last resort used only when we have verified evidence of extensive rule breaking by that particular campaign. It is not our policy to discuss the details other than with the involved individuals. Please note that if campaign leaders bring suspicions of a duplicate account for their campaign to the attention of myself or Scythe, the submission won’t be disqualified because of it.
FAQ: What happens after a request is disqualified?
A: From now on, any request that gets removed from the poll will have the campaign thread closed for about 24 hours, after which time the thread reopens it should get back on with the campaigning rather than discussing negativity and why it was removed.
FAQ: I submitted a Request but it's not on the poll? Why is that?
A: You may have had less than 500 posts when you submitted it, the request may have been on the then current poll and got 10 or less votes- thus becoming ineligible, the campaign thread might be too inactive and removed because of that (you are allowed to post after yourself as long as it's a decent time apart to keep the campaign active), or the board may not be on the list because it got enough votes on the then current poll and was added.
FAQ: Is there a board guide?
A: The current one is here. The old one is here.
FAQ: I want to let related threads know about the campaign thread on Requests do you have a general template I can use to ask people to join the campaign?
A:
Quote:
Name or Supporters of __

P.S.: If you would prefer not to receive reminder PM's, please let us know, and we're sorry to have bothered you. We will make note not to contact you again. Thanks!
FAQ: I’ve seen people asking for others to vote on various threads... How do I report them?
A: Send Johnnie or Scythe a PM with links to the posts in question... and if possible also send the links to the posts and screenshots of the posts, so that way if the post was edited we’ll know what was there. If the violation is serious enough the request could be removed from the poll, the votes removed, and the poll reset, among other consequences.
Please contact me (Johnnie) or Scythe (Jen) with any further questions via PM or feel free to post your questions on this thread.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do we have to make the supporters list in alphabetical order?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Do we have to make the supporters list in alphabetical order?
I would like to know this as well For now the list on the Alex thread is in order of people asking to be added, but I'll change it ASAP if it's wrong.
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 11-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

A question regarding this quote from the site wide annoucement Johnnie made
Quote:
Campaign threads are required to have an alphabetical support list for the new submissions. Please note that if a winning submission doesn't have an up to date support list, the forum will not be added. Anyone that votes for a new forum must be on the support list. Any names not on the support list will be removed from the vote totals regardless of whether they posted in support of the submission on the Campaign thread.
What if the thread starter for the campaign hasn't been around in ages? Can we post an updated supporters list else where in the thread? Also curious about the alphabetical order question that has been asked.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Disobedience (View Post)
A question regarding this quote from the site wide annoucement Johnnie made

What if the thread starter for the campaign hasn't been around in ages? Can we post an updated supporters list else where in the thread? Also curious about the alphabetical order question that has been asked.
If that is the case, let Johnnie or I know and we can move out the first post or so until there's a post by someone active in the campaign. It would be a good idea to PM the person who started the campaign to double check that they have no intention of updating it first though.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Question: We must have 10 requests made in this thread before we even get on the poll?

- Mel
Old 11-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
We must have 10 requests made in this thread before we even get on the poll?
10 requests must be made, so that a poll can be opened. It doesn't mean that 10 people need to request one person.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
10 requests must be made, so that a poll can be opened. It doesn't mean that 10 people need to request one person.
So the likely hood of not getting 10 requests are like slim to none. Right?

Sorry for the STUPID question.

- Mel
Old 11-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle (View Post)
Question: We must have 10 requests made in this thread before we even get on the poll?
No you only need to request once on that particular thread. On your campaign thread though, you must have more than 10 people on the list (in alphabetical order) before the polls are closed for the campaign to be eligible for next month because you have to get more than 10 votes in the poll (and to be able to vote you have to be on the campaign list).

Quote:
A poll should have at least 10 valid submissions or it may not run.
Occasionally things like the Special Requests poll may have less than 10 submissions and a decision may be made not to run it.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
So the likely hood of not getting 10 requests are like slim to none. Right?
I guess so. Especially for the Celebes/Music Artists.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I guess so. Especially for the Celebes/Music Artists.
Thanks. That is what got me confused in the first place. I guess maybe for tv it does apply.

- Mel
Old 11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
you must have more than 10 people on the list (in alphabetical order)
Where do you stand with symbols before people's UN? I don't know the order things like stars and those wiggly lines would need to go in - or does it not matter as long as they're at the beginning of the list?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Eck, I just put them all at the end. But, good question.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Website Manager

Yes, it's alphabetical. I can help order symbols up if necessary. Generally, when looking at it in the control panel there is some at the start before 'A' and some after 'Z'.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

So, basically look it up here to figure out where the symbol ones go?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread