Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 10:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
How do you get an old board to re-open request?

Asking for The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit/Tolkien board.
Here's the campaign thread and I can open it but some of those listed in the OP might not be active FF members anymore. So you can open another campaign or just let me know if you want it re-opened so you have a place to talk about the movie franchise (or the upcoming TV series).

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

If I was to start a new one, what would I call it? The Lord of the Rings Campaign?

It would be for everything Tolkien, book/screen etc. Especially with the new Amazon show coming up now.

(Might be easier starting a new campaign so I can add new members in.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure that if the board would open can do what we did on DCEU - Hobbit and others having a singular thread
Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
If I was to start a new one, what would I call it? The Lord of the Rings Campaign?

It would be for everything Tolkien, book/screen etc. Especially with the new Amazon show coming up now.

(Might be easier starting a new campaign so I can add new members in.
That would be fine.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f50/lord-rin.../#post92149429
Old 12-19-2017, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

Made a campaign thread to get the board reopened!

The Walking Dead Campaign Thread

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 12-20-2017, 01:54 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimi (View Post)
Made a campaign thread to get the board reopened!

The Walking Dead Campaign Thread
Closing the old one. Thanks.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I have a question that's also a suggestion. lol

Ok, so here it goes: Would consider opening an entire board dedicated to Netflix?

Looking at the boards that have been opened and closed in 2016 and 2017, a lot of the Netflix shows do well on the polls and then have no traffic because of the long hiatus and have to be closed. At the current mid season poll The Punisher is doing well and I'm afraid the board is going to struggle post-wise like most other boards for Netflix shows.

I was thinking that it might be beneficial to have an entire board dedicated to Netflix, sort of like the Avengers board which has threads for all movies/characters within the Marvel universe.
Personally, I think there will be redundancy if we add a campaign for Netflix. This will also open up campaigns for other network, cable & streaming sites. As it is, we already have threads for some of these Netflix shows on Television. Some of them are active, some of them are not. A possible board will also cover Netflix original movies.

I'm bringing this over on this thread to get everyone's feedback on this so we can discuss. Thanks everyone.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think it's redundant, there are only a few boards open for Netflix shows and the television board only has general threads opened for each show. I had the idea because I noticed that boards for shows that release all their episodes at once sometimes don't have a lot of traffic because of the way the episodes are released. And I think it would be easier if there was one place to discuss all the aspects, episodes, characters, ships and all the shows that are sometimes connected like the Marvel ones. I just think there is potential in having such a board.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree
I tend to like Netflix shows and like to discuss them. But I also binge. And after a week (sometimes 2), most of the discussing has faded out.
And lifting a board over hiatus for 80% of the year without new episodes has proven to be a struggle. Obviously not for every Netflix show, I do realize there are some successful ones. But whilst I'm relatively speaking not a long-time member of , I've seen Netflix boards open and close within months time.
Having it in one place would make - in my opinion - for more quality discussion about the different shows and I think the board in itself would maybe have steadier traffic as well, cause you get people from different shows together on 1 board. (ex. some people like The Crown, other like the Superhero shows, maybe the same people don't like both).
I'm just doing simple math here, but since a board needs a minimum of 15 posts a day to stay open; it'd be much easier for a board that has the shows combined to keep steady traffic.
I like Iron Fist and I like the Crown and 13 Reasons Why (and a whole other range of shows too ). If I want(ed) those boards to stay, I'd have to make (let's say) 30 posts a day and board hop. If it was combined in 1 board, I could just visit that one board, only being "required" to make 10 posts. I think there must be plenty of people who like different Netflix shows, but just don't have the time to commit to multiple boards in terms of posting
Old 12-22-2017, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I also agree and its why I am happy DCEU has gone DC as a whole its why I think a single Marvel board would help out but a compromise would be a Netflix board where the Marvel Netflix can be discussed there - most of the Netflix originals get released all at once unlike cable or network shows that do 1 per week
Old 12-22-2017, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think The Avengeres board is similar to the DCEU board but I don't think they have separate threads for the Marvel shows. There are however threads for all the movies that are being released within the cinematic universe.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

I personally would love to have a board like that. I was one of the mods on the jessica jobes borad and this show has a very long hiatus and wventually wventho we had some loyal posters we couldnt keep the board open forever. Its difficult to talk about the same 1 seasin for over 2 years. I also temp modded 13 reasons why when it first opened and was so sorry to see the board close but like paula i think that most people binge watch and after a couple weeks the diacussion fades out.

Just have one more question on this: id a board wiuld happen does every show get just one thread like on the television or can we ipen geneal and also like couple or news threads?

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-22-2017, 08:31 AM
Graphics Team

Hmm I never thought about a general Netflix board. There are some aspects about it that I like.
Even though I would prefer for shows to have their own boards, sometimes that's not really possible as they end up closing since it seems they don't get enough traffic. And sometimes I get busy and end up not being able to post on those boards, or I stop watching the show temporarily.

But I like 13RW, Hemlock Grove, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Also I had started a campaign for Haters Back Off, but it doesn't even look like that's going to get a board (at least not anytime soon), so that also could be talked about on a Netflix board.

I'm not opposed to this, but it's up to you guys.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 12-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was thinking of having threads like on a regular board, so character/couple threads too. Maybe one news thread though. It would be challenging logistically but I think it all comes down to a good board guide. Maybe a rule that there have to be at least 2 or 3 posters interested before a thread for a character or couple can be opened.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread