Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Moderator Manager

New Request Guidelines, FAQ & Campaign Thread Guide - Please Read! (Updated 1/1/2020)

Hi everyone

Welcome to the Requests Board

The following posts details:
  1. Requests Guidelines
  2. FAQ
  3. Campaign Thread Guide: A List of all the campaigns

If you have any questions please send us a PM. Thanks!

Johnnie and Lindsay

(This thread should be restarted by a Requests Moderator. Thanks.)

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 01-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Moderator Manager

The Requests System here at Fan Forum is designed to allow people to vote for new forums that they want added here. Everything comes down to one basic rule:
  • Any submitted request must have an active campaign thread on the Requests board. If a campaign thread goes for more than 7 days (168 Hours) without a post, it's not considered to be an active campaign thread. You are allowed to double post to prevent the campaign from exceeding this time frame.

Requests Guidelines

How to Vote
  • Please only vote for a new forum if you plan to post there when it gets added.
  • Don't trade votes, get your friends to vote or use a different account to vote.
  • Please don't start duplicate campaign threads at other boards here at Fan Forum.
Campaigning
  • Don't link to other campaigns in a campaign thread even if they may be related. Campaigns must remain separate even if they're for two different celebrities on the same television show.
  • You can campaign for boards that you want added outside of Fan Forum.
  • Private Messages reminding/asking people to vote can be sent out to posters whose names are listed on the campaign thread once a month.
  • People can ask not to be sent reminders. If someone asks not to be contacted, please keep track of it on the campaign thread or somewhere else.
  • It's not necessary to start a new campaign thread once the thread reaches 300 posts. Campaign threads on this board are allowed to remain open no matter how many posts they have so that everything is kept in the same place.
  • You don't have to be listed in the Campaign thread for your vote to count, but it can really help your campaign if you know who to contact every month to get the votes you need for your request to be added here.

Submitting a Request
  • Members must have at least 500 posts to submit a forum request or start a campaign thread.
  • Once a forum request is submitted it cannot be changed to another forum request. Any submission shown as edited will not be accepted.
  • Individual members can only request one forum a month.
General
  • Members must have more than 60 posts to vote for a forum request.
  • We run one regular poll here every month. This poll is a combined poll that includes Celebrities, Music Artists, Special Requests, and Television Shows. The minimum number of requests for this combined poll to run is 10. The maximum number of requests that can be in this combined poll is 30. This poll is a multiple choice poll, and people will be allowed to vote for up to 3 requests in this poll, depending on the number submitted.
  • The poll results are shown in the form of a graph so that people can see what request is "winning" but not see the number of votes each request has. This has been done so the Requests Managers can look at the number of votes that each request received and decide if boards can be added, and the decision to add boards will be at the discretion of the Requests Managers.
  • After the polls have closed, Johnnie will announce which request has won the poll and also post what place the forum requests in the poll came in, going from the requests that had the most votes to the requests that had the least votes without indicating how many votes each request received. Please note that any submission that gets 10 votes or less may be added to the ineligible requests listing for the following 3 months. In those cases, an alternate request will be used in the order they become alternate requests to replace the ineligible requests on the poll. These requests will be listed in red at the bottom of the poll results. The current list of ineligible requests can be found in the opening post of the submission thread.
  • In general, one board will be added each month depending on the number of votes for the leading requests and we will keep the option open to possibly add a second or third board each month depending on how many votes the requests received.
  • We will review the number of votes that each request received and decide which boards to add. If none of the requests have enough votes, we may decide not to add any boards in a given month, so it's very important that people vote for the boards that they want added.
Added Boards
  • New boards will be added into the New Forums Category for 3 months and a weekly post count is done for the boards in that category. A new board must have a minimum of 105 posts a week during its trial period. Any board that fails to meet this requirement four times during its trial period will be closed and moved into the Closed Forums Category.
  • Boards in the New Forums category will be moved into their permanent categories after they successfully complete their trial period.
  • Anyone is free to start a thread on a new forum when it's time to do so. 'Claiming' threads before a board is added is not allowed.
  • Please note that once a board is added it will require permanent moderators. If no one steps up to be a leader for one of our forums, then it may mean that there isn’t enough sustained interest to keep that board open and the board may be subject to closure. Please don’t submit moderator applications until a Moderator Opening Announcement has been posted on the board.
New TV Shows
  • We will also have special TV polls for television shows that will be premiering throughout the year. These polls will also be multiple choice polls. The winners of these polls will be placed in the New Forums category, and we won't start the trial period for these forums until the television shows have actually aired and the shows have been allowed to build an audience here.
  • The polls for new television shows (Fall, Mid-Season and Summer shows) are done outside of the normal campaign system here, meaning that you don't need to have Campaign threads for the shows in these polls. If you do have a campaign thread for one of these shows however, the show will be eligible for the regular poll as well.

Important Note
  • If you have a complaint, issue or question about some of the decisions made on this board, please send Johnnie or Lindsay a Private Message. Please do not discuss it publicly.
  • Due to the unique nature of this board, and for continuity purposes, and to ensure that policies are accurately communicated, it would be best to leave questions for the mods of this board to answer.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Moderator Manager

FAQ
FAQ: Why isn't a poll running this month?
A: If a poll doesn't get at least 10 valid submissions it doesn't run.
FAQ: Why do the poll links at the top of the page go to a page that I don’t have access to?
A: It should be noted that the Forum Links on the top of all the pages forward to the current polls and submission threads, however since we are on a Dual Server the poll links will not update right away for everybody and can take up to a day to get in sync with the other server (much like an avatar usually takes at least an hour for everyone else to see). To visit the new polls and submission threads before they update, just visit the Requests board via the drop down menu. Basically, when you are directed to that page, it means that the link is still going to the old poll which has been moved to a private forum to avoid confusion.
FAQ: Is there an easy way to check out the campaigns that are on the current polls?
A: Yes, each option on the poll links to the campaign thread associated with it. From there you can join the campaign for that option.
FAQ: A Special Request ... What is done with those requests?
A: Requests on these threads will be discussed and the appropriate ones will be added to the poll.
FAQ: When are the Summer, Fall and Mid-Season TV polls posted?
A: The Summer TV poll is the newest of the TV polls and it gets posted around the start of May, the Fall TV is posted around the start of July, and the Mid-Season poll is posted in mid-December and runs until mid-January.
FAQ: What are examples of allowed threads to one time PM to ask to join a campaign?
A: Related threads such as Shipper threads, Appreciation threads, and Character threads. People on poll threads should not be PM'ed since it's not exclusive to that submission.
FAQ: How do we add people to support lists of threads?
A: In order to be added to the support list of a campaign thread the person must ask to be added on the campaign thread. There is no other way that you can add someone to the list
FAQ: What are examples of related threads to mention the campaign from time to time?
A: Threads listed above, plus if you notice people who says they voted on the appropriate poll thread you can reply to them mentioning the campaign thread. People should not be PM'ed though unless they are on the threads mentioned above as a poll thread is not specific to that one submission.
FAQ: Why did x submission get disqualified?
A: Disqualification is a last resort used only when we have verified evidence of extensive rule breaking by that particular campaign. It is not our policy to discuss the details other than with the involved individuals. Please note that if campaign leaders bring suspicions of a duplicate account for their campaign to the attention of Lindsay or Johnnie, the submission won’t be disqualified because of it.
FAQ: What happens after a request is disqualified?
A: From now on, any request that gets removed from the poll will have the campaign thread closed for about 24 hours, after which time the thread reopens it should get back on with the campaigning rather than discussing negativity about why it was removed.
FAQ: I submitted a Request but it's not on the poll? Why is that?
A: You may have had less than 500 posts when you submitted it, the request may have been on the then current poll and got 10 or less votes- thus becoming ineligible, the campaign thread might be too inactive and removed because of that (you are allowed to post after yourself as long as it's a decent time apart to keep the campaign active), or the board may not be on the list because it got enough votes on the then current poll and was added. Campaigns should not be inactive for 7 or more days before submitting, make sure the campaign is active prior to submitting.
FAQ: Is there a board guide?
A: The current one is here.
FAQ: Who's responsibility is it to keep track of who wants to join a campaign?
A: It is the opening poster (campaign starter) who is responsible for updating the list. Please consider this before starting a campaign as campaigns can go on for a very long time, and it's best to have someone who is dedicated to start a campaign rather than having to change the opening poster in the future.
FAQ: The opening poster(OP) is no longer around. Is there anyway I can get the list updated?
A: If the person is away, Lindsay can update the campaign for you if you send her a Private Message, however if the poster has been away for awhile you can request for there to be a new opening poster. However, in doing so posts get removed from the campaign until they get to the new OP's first post on the thread. Any people asking (in between the opening posters) to be added will need to post again on the thread asking to be added to the new opening post, since those posts will no longer be a part of the thread.

Please contact Johnnie or Lindsay with any further questions via PM.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Campaign Thread Board Guide

Listed by category:
CELEBRITIES
(Male Celebrities)

(Female Celebrities)
MUSIC ARTISTS
TELEVISION SHOWS
SPECIAL REQUESTS

If you do not see a campaign thread listed here, please ask on this thread if there is one. Please keep in mind that you need to have an active campaign before you can make your submission on the Forum Requests Thread.

When posting a link, please specify which category it should be added into. Thanks.

Thanks in advance, and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:22 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I start a campaign thread for Danielle Panabaker? I've checked through the list of all campaigns and she doesn't have one, so I'd like to start one.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Website Manager

There isn't one, feel free to start one.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks!

http://www.fanforum.com/f50/danielle.../#post88746748

Old 01-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

tv show
http://www.fanforum.com/f50/powerles.../#post88760159
Old 01-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

I know Emerald City is in the Mid-Season TV Shows poll, but I was wondering if there was a campaign thread for it?

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
I know Emerald City is in the Mid-Season TV Shows poll, but I was wondering if there was a campaign thread for it?
There isn't one since it was included in the Mid-Season poll. If it doesn't get a board (and so far it's doing well in the polls), you may start a campaign thread for it.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Made a thread for the unfortunately events series just incase .. we do bave the show airing tomorrow would be nice to ahve some where to tslk abiur it

http://www.fanforum.com/f50/lemony-s.../#post88834468
Old 01-13-2017, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lindsay, could we get the campaign thread for Modern Family opened again please? ...just in case anybody else is late MF bloomer like me?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-13-2017, 10:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Whiskey (View Post)
Lindsay, could we get the campaign thread for Modern Family opened again please? ...just in case anybody else is late MF bloomer like me?
Sure, I'll bump it up.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Permission to start a Maddie Ziegler campaign thread?