Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Måneskin Campaign Thread

Måneskin

CAMPAIGN THREAD

Måneskin is an Italian rock band that formed in Rome in 2016.
The name is a Danish word meaning "moonlight." Bassist Victoria De Angelis, who is half Danish, suggested it among other Danish words.

The band consists of lead singer Damiano David (22), bassist Victoria De Angelis (21)
guitarist Thomas Raggi (20), and drummer Ethan Torchio (20)

x
Måneskin began busking in the streets of Rome and entered a local music contest which led to winning first prize.
In 2017 they came in second place in the Italian version of The X Factor.

They reached commercial success in Italy before having a breakthrough in 2021, winning the Sanremo Music Festival.
The band then went onto win Eurovision, sparking worldwide interest in both their music and gender bending aesthetics.

Music Videos
Chosen
Morirò da re
Torna a casa
Fear for Nobody
L'altra dimensione
Le parole lontane
Vent'anni
Zitti e buoni
I Wanna Be Your Slave

Supporters
blaↄkpink
airali_glo

x

Last edited by pink velvet; 09-16-2021 at 10:32 AM
pink velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the OP!
Old 07-06-2021, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Ohh a campaign thread for them! So cool! Add me, please

I didn't really know them before Eurovision, since I don't watch Sanremo or XFactor or even ESC. I started when, the ESC finale night, I was on twitter and I saw Deadline tweeting about the fact that Italy had won. I was like: WE WON???? REALLY??? (yes, I usually ignore such stuff, but when we win I become a little bit patriotic ).

Then I checked Zitti e buoni and the other songs and now I can say I'm a fan even though I feel a little bit old ahahahah

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecrest (View Post)
Love the OP!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
Ohh a campaign thread for them! So cool! Add me, please

I didn't really know them before Eurovision, since I don't watch Sanremo or XFactor or even ESC. I started when, the ESC finale night, I was on twitter and I saw Deadline tweeting about the fact that Italy had won. I was like: WE WON???? REALLY??? (yes, I usually ignore such stuff, but when we win I become a little bit patriotic ).

Then I checked Zitti e buoni and the other songs and now I can say I'm a fan even though I feel a little bit old ahahahah
Absolutely! Adding you now

I didn't know about them until they won Eurovision. I'm American so I've honestly never paid too much attention to the competition though I do know what it is, but I kept hearing about them online so I gave them a go and fell down a rabbit hole

You're never too old to appreciate music
Old 07-06-2021, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaↄkpink (View Post)
You're never too old to appreciate music
Not too old for that, but old to let's say...appreciate the people I'm ten years older than them, for me they're like babies ahahah I try to appreciate respectfully my fave are Damiano and Ethan.

I hope they won't stop writing and singing in italian, because it's a complete different level for me. English is cool, but nothing beats the mothertongue and also there aren't many rock groups in my country. And they won the ESC in italian, so! If they keep a 50/50 ratio in their albums, I'm fine.

If you need help with italian stuff, feel free to ask

Old 07-06-2021, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I mean same But I just dig their vibe, aesthetics, and message so I was actually really surprised by their ages at first, especially Damiano. I think the combo of how he's done up and his confidence makes him look older. Ethan is my favorite though they all are great He seems to be a lowkey introvert type so I can relate.

I don't see them dropping the Italian. I'm sure they will continue to do both Their Italian songs, especially the ballads, are so pretty

Awesome! Thank you

Old 07-06-2021, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

The aesthetic is terrific, I hope they won't fire their stylist - like never - because they're perfect in their outfits and vibe and everything. It's surely more effective than the hippie/folk/hobo one they had in XFactor and before times.

The only thing I think I relate less is the "twentys anger" and that cockiness, I mean I like it in them - it's cool to see - but personally I can't relate to it much, anymore, like I related to Linkin Park in high school (even though LP had a different kind of pain and struggle, which luckily wasn't mine, but still went deep). I'm pretty sure I'd have been OBSESSED with Maneskin in high school also they're from my city, so it's even more cool, ha!

Ethan is the icon of us introvert artists, so how couldn't I love him?? I like that they're so savage on stage and then off stage they're like teens, basically, super chill and sometimes goofy and, you know, normal. I hope they stay humble like this.

Let's hope! They said they're going to focus more on english now because of the international fans! Crossing fingers the italian will stay, my top 3 songs of them are in italian.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes! It’s very glam, very Bowie. There really isn’t a whole lot of that in the mainstream at the moment. And, although there are of course many rock bands, I feel there hasn’t been one globally in the spotlight in awhile so I think they can really fill a void if they continue like they currently are.

It’s definitely cool to see I enjoy listening and watching the performances whether I can relate to it or not and I think that’s the sign of a good act. If you can pull people into your world and make them want to chill there for a bit then you’ve done a great job. It’s really awesome that they are from your city Rome, yes?

I was watching a clip where all the members were going off to hang out with various friends and then there was Ethan sitting alone in a field reading a book. I was like “YUP” If they have the right people around them then hopefully they can stay grounded

I can understand why they’d want to do that But I don’t see them completely throwing the Italian away. I read an interview where they said they didn’t want to tarnish what they want to do as artists just to cater to the charts. So I think it’ll be about finding a good balance

Their first appearance on Billboard! They’re going to be huge. It’s interesting that the cover they did on their X factor days has become a bit of a phenomena. I’m glad I Wanna Be Your Slave is gaining traction and that they have a music video ready to capitalize off of that

Old 07-07-2021, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love all the pics!
Old 07-07-2021, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

They're so cool, I can't even.

Wondering when they'll release the I wanna be your slave video.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's being released "soon." The most horribly vague word

I'm not hip with TikTok, but I do know it has the power to blow songs up.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I laughed when last night people on Tumblr were thinking that it was going to be released at midnight - sure, after a semi-final of the European tournament where Italy was even playing (and it won)

True, it made the song so famous, when all people knew was the ESC one. But honestly I'm still surprised they reached the global top with a cover of four years ago. I mean, they're probably not even the only one who covered that song and yet!

I don't know if you saw this, it's a funny video with a compilation of moments where they tease Evan for his pronunciation fault/feature. I love how he barely replies

Don't worry it has eng subs

Old 07-07-2021, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeeeah timing is key here, people

They’re definitely not the only ones who have covered the song so it truly is a bit of a phenomena! I bet they are scratching their heads about it as well

I actually did see that just the other day! It felt like peak sibling behavior It’s a good thing Ethan is such a chill guy and doesn’t seem to let the teasing rile him. R’s are overrated anyway
Old 07-07-2021, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I also wonder HOW people discovered it and got obsessed with it like everyone went to their spotify, listened to all their songs and then decided it was the song they liked the most.

I love the Back to Black cover more, I admit, even though it was never recorded as single. Oh and Amandoti, of course, which they did at sanremo but never recorded

Ethan knows they love him he's so chill on cameras and I was surprised when in an interview where they had had to say some qualities/adjectives about the other band members anonimously and each of them in the interview had to guess who said what about them. Damiano called him crazy AF

At the "what did you lost? The R? But you never had it" I lost it ahahahahah

Another fun video with him is when they're at the Madrid airport, heading to Paris and Victoria says they're probably going to Disneyland and Ethan is like NO WAY

You know, sometimes I feel sorry for not italian fans, because they can't really appreciate the roman dialect, which makes everything they say more savory

Old 07-08-2021, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the video!
Reply   Post New Thread