Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Moderator Manager

The whole Benjen thing was poorly written, imo. Yes it's lovely he saved Jon but it didn't make as much as an impact for me as it probably should have been.

It's looking like Jon won't know he's a Targ until next season. I wonder if people will rally for him to sit on the Iron Throne even if he rejects it? Although my guess is that he & Dany will be ruling together (and married).

Also, where the hell is Ghost? He might get jealous of Rhaegal.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:39 AM
Moderator Manager

I love the show, I really do, but honestly the whole season is being poorly written IMO Plots that are not making sense (I am looking at the whole Winterfell storyline with Arya, Sansa, Bran, LF... everybody there), plans that are very bad (going North of the Wall without taking a raven, and then having Gendry run back in the snow for the first time), Dany's attitude since she got in Westeros... So the Benjen thing wasn't that bad... i just don't understand why he didn't go back with Jon on the horse. But you're right, not much impact there.

I really think that Dany/Jon will get together soon, but IDK, once the news about his heritage comes out, I can see that starting a sort of friction between them, mostly because Dany will know that the rightful heir is in fact him and not her as she was so sure about.

Poor Ghost we haven't seen him this season, right?
Old 08-22-2017, 06:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Plots that are not making sense (I am looking at the whole Winterfell storyline with Arya, Sansa, Bran, LF... everybody there)
I have a lot less issues about the show than most people but this is bugging me so much, unless in 7x07 we have a really good explanation, I have to call bull**** on this storyline. It makes no sense that both Sansa and Arya would let themselves get played like this, PLUS we have Bran around who can see everything and I just ??? Why is he letting this happen?!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Moderator Manager

I'm hoping that the writing for the finale to conclude that SL will be so amazing that will make up for all the frustration we've had in the past 2 episodes
Both characters are far more intelligent than that as they have proved on the show, so to have that thing blow up so out of proportion like that is offensive to the characters and us fans
And exactly!!! Where is Bran? What is the point of knowing and seeing it all if he doesn't do anything to make things better at all?
Old 08-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm now thinking this shortened season is hurting the show. 10 episodes is still the best way to go, imo. Gendry having to run back to the Wall to send a raven after everyone has already left is really an LOL moment for me. And Dany who has never been to the North knew exactly where to find Jon and the others.

Dany will probably insist that Jon sits on the Iron Throne but she will be grateful to him for rejecting it and since they are most probably in-love by the time this happens, she will eventually accept this gesture from him.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

^right?! The rushed pace doesn't fit well for me... because I like things to make sense.. after all if the army of the dead is so close to Eastwatch, why haven't they reached there already? I mean Gendry ran for like one day and already got there.

Ugh I won't even touch that I'll just say that I can see why people ship them, there is certainly chemistry there, but the SL turned me off of it.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh believe me, I actually felt stupid after watching the ep. I cannot understand in the whole 7 years I've been watching the show what the hell was going on.

I edited my post about it but yes, best not to touch on that cause I obviously have a lot of feelings about it, haha.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Moderator Manager

That's the thing, we've had intense episodes that are great when we first watch, but after we start to think about it (which we do since we discuss about it so much ) things just start to seem silly and that's not good. I've liked the episodes so far, for the most part, it's just not the same as before, so I don't have that passion about them as I've had with previous seasons.

Count me in on the feelings too
Old 08-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Moderator Manager

I know that elsewhere, people have been loving this season. Now that we're down to the final ep on Sunday, looking back at it, I've only had 1 episode that I enjoyed which is episode 4. The others are okay but these last 2 recent eps aren't that good, imo. I think this shortened season is really hurting the SLs on the show. The pacing is the #1 problem for me. I think since episode 4, I've been complaining about it every week.

This is the first time in a looooong time that I'm not excited to watch a new GOT ep on Sunday.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Moderator Manager

^ ITA I think this is the first time I've had complaints of the show, even with all the deaths of favorite characters, or dragged SL, it always fit in the storytelling... now I don't feel like it's the same. I'm hoping the season finale will be so epic that will make up for the last 2 episodes, but just like you, my excitement for it is not that high.
And I'm an idiot... I got into Tumblr today and the first thing I saw was a spoiler/possible spoiler I need to keep remembering myself that I got to stay away from social medias after Wednesdays

Tweet I'd love to see Kit in a comedy
Old 08-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, if the finale can top episode 4, then I'll be fine. Uh-oh, I'm gonna go off Tumblr until after the episode has aired. I got spoiled with episode 6 last time (because it got leaked) on Tumblr. Saw the part where Jon & Dany were talking when I came on. I was like "WTF?"

IKR? I think he'll nail comedy. He should make use of that deadpan/unemotional/emo look that everyone's complaining about him and turn it into comedy gold.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:14 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Yeah, stay away from it... I hate getting spoilers, even if they are minimal

ITA!! I'd watch him in a comedy He really seems very funny, it's just that we're used to see him in very broody/dark roles
Old 08-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yeah, if the finale can top episode 4, then I'll be fine. Uh-oh, I'm gonna go off Tumblr until after the episode has aired. I got spoiled with episode 6 last time (because it got leaked) on Tumblr. Saw the part where Jon & Dany were talking when I came on. I was like "WTF?"

IKR? I think he'll nail comedy. He should make use of that deadpan/unemotional/emo look that everyone's complaining about him and turn it into comedy gold.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 08-25-2017, 12:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Not that I'm complaining. I love him all broody/emo. Heck even the show is teasing him about it. But it would be refreshing to see him do comedy, something different this time. Hopefully when GOT is over.

New pic with a fan.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:26 AM
Moderator Manager

^ ohh same here... After all it was the brooding guy that won me over in the first place But since we know GOT is ending, I'm really excited to see what he'll do next, and some different roles would be very refreshing

Love the picture! Lucky fan!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread