Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Josh Henderson Campaign Thread ~ B/c as bad boy John Ross Ewing, he is being called the breakout star of TNT's "Dallas."

Welcome to the
J o s h H e n d e r s o n Campaign Thread

Supporters;
Chastidy
Considering Disobedience
dancewithme
Elena_1716
Full Hearts
GreenEyesFreckles87
Ifyou'reabird,I'mabird
JMRamos
Korina
KOUAT12
kristy_spb
Nothing Else Matters
Sparkleyღ
Stay Strongღ
sunflower 654
taysgurl

Josh Henderson has one of those faces that make you wonder how God could be so all-knowing: a perfectly upturned nose and full lips complement wide-set, heterochromatic eyes—one’s deep sea blue, the other’s turquoise.

Despite Henderson’s remarkable good looks and lengthy career, he’s never fully penetrated the cultural zeitgeist—until now, that is. As John Ross, the money hungry progeny of infamous villain J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman), Henderson is being called the breakout of TNT’s Dallas reboot, which premieres tonight at 9 pm EST. With virility and down-south swagger that practically ooze through the screen, Henderson may very well be the reason you finally tell Edward Cullen to lose your number.

Born: October 25, 1981
Provenance: Dallas, Texas
Relationship Status: Single (since 2009!)
Cheat Sheet: Likes saunas, dogs, basketball, theme parties, Survivor, and Dr. Pepper

Texas Forever: “I was born in Dallas, and I definitely understand Texas. I think that gave me a little bit of an edge coming in and auditioning for the show. It wasn’t very hard for me to fall back into that Texas mind frame.”

Home is where the heart is: “In Dallas, life is a little slower. It’s a little more day-to-day routine. It’s just a simpler life. At the end of the day, I love Texas girls, and I kind of relate to them.”

Life does not imitate art: “I am a very approachable and personable person, and I always put myself last. Whether it’s family or friends, I always think about them first. I’m nothing like [my character], John Ross. Really.”

Call him, maybe? “If I’m in a relationship, I’m 1000% in it. I love doing things for them and surprising them. And that’s just something I thoroughly enjoy and it gives me a lot of pleasure. I just haven’t found that right girl yet. I’m not actively running around and trying to find her because I think if I could just relax and continue to do what I’m doing, the right situation will find me.”

Reality doesn’t bite: “People ask me all the time, ‘Are you fed up with reality TV?’ At the end of the day, it can affect my career in the sense that the more reality shows there are, the less scripted dramas out there, but I can’t ever really knock them. I started on Popstars, which was a reality talent show. I have respect for them.”

Filmography;
Maybe It's Me
Do Over

Newton
Leeches!
She Spies
One On One

The Deerings
The Girl Next Door
North Shore
8 Simple Rules...For Dating My Teenage Daughter

Rodney
Over There
Yours, Mine and Ours

Step Up
Broken Bridges
Fingerprints

Desperate Housewives

April Fool's Day

The Jerk Theory
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Betwixt

Dallas
Rushlights

Icons;

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff

Last edited by Full Hearts; 03-30-2013 at 12:47 PM
Full Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me please!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added you, welcome!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! Hopefully we can get more people to join us in the Josh loving.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope so!

He's a huge reason why I tuned into the show (and Jesse) - I didn't know it was a reboot until I started reading articles/watching interviews. I think they did a great job in the casting, and I loove how badly Josh wanted the role and fought for it and got it. It's so much fun to watch him.

So handsome.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

And for me I hadn't heard of Josh before, but I was a big fan of the original series. I can imagin Josh really wanting the part, being a Dallas boy and all.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

He said he'd been literally shouting in his car after he got a phonecall for a callback.

And then when he got the part he'd called his mom and they had both cried on the phone. SO SWEET.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw that's so precious! I'm glad he got the part, he's doing a great job with it.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

IA, on both accounts!

Quote:
Josh Henderson has one of those faces that make you wonder how God could be so all-knowing
I keep thinking of this almost every time I look at him - and that's a lot.

It's just so beautiful and perfect it almost hurts to look at him.

ETA:

Quote:
"This was a big deal to me," Henderson, 30, told OnTheRedCarpet.com. "The show is ... just very much in my history, my family. My MeeMaw, it's her favorite show. So when I heard they were redoing it and bring it back, A, I just wanted an audition and a half hour after my first audition I got the test off to test for John Ross and I literally like screamed at the top of my lungs in the car because it started to feel I was this close."

"I knew that if I just stuck to my guns and just came in with this John Ross character that I'd developed that maybe I would have a shot and maybe land this role and a couple of tests later, I landed the role and called my mom," he said. "My mom and I both cried on the phone and it's just a very surreal thing so this has been a blessing for me."

Henderson said his Meemaw, or grandmother, passed away when he was 12.

"But I know that she's looking down on me, very, very excited, very proud and also probably really ready to get a little pissed off because I'm playing J.R.'s son," he added. "She loved to hate J.R. and she used to talk about J.R. to all my aunts and my uncles and now that I'm playing his son, no telling what she thinks up there."

Josh Henderson: Mom and I cried when I was cast on 'Dallas' - 06/14/2012

Last edited by Full Hearts; 06-20-2012 at 01:24 AM
Old 06-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awwwww! Thanks for bringing that over.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

No worries!

Quote:
The first day you were on the set of Dallas, what was it like?
Josh: I was so, so excited. I was like, OK, this is real now. Now it's just about showing up and playing ball with people like Larry (Hagman) and making sure that I can step my game up and hopefully bring something that's worthy of J.R. and the Ewing name. I was a little intimidated at first, hoping that people would be responsive, being the new cast and the new generation. People love Larry, Linda, and Patrick (Duffy), and they're what made Dallas so special. I felt a little weight on my shoulders coming in and playing J.R.'s son. I knew there was going to be a lot of anticipation as to who John Ross is now.

Did you get any advice from the original cast?
Josh: The advice that Larry gave me was have fun every day at work and enjoy the ride. He talks about how his entire life has been such a ride because of Dallas. I just tried to have fun every day and we did. I think that once you have fun you can relax and really dig deep into the scenes. I think it translates onto the screen and to the audience and it makes it more believable and an enjoyable show.

What was the feeling the last day of filming?
Josh: Man, my last day of filming, my last shot…oh man, I don't think I can tell you about that. It was a big moment. It was an epic moment for me to be a part of Dallas. Obviously we were wrapping up the first season. It was a special night in my life. It's this closure of season one and this exciting kind of platform for people to fall in love with that hopefully will translate into years of great TV. It was kind of like it was not a sad moment it was an exciting, great night for me. By the way, the last three episodes are crazy.

What was your reaction to the premiere ratings?
Josh: I was at my house. I actually landed in LA hours before the premiere that night. I woke up to a ton of e-mails from people from Turner and Warner Bros. and the cast just saying Wow, this is great. Congratulations! It was so exciting. It was a good day but I was in my bed reading my e-mail. I ended up being up until about four or five that night celebrating with friends.

In real life, who are you most like, good guy Christopher or a bad boy like John Ross?
Josh: I'm more Christopher. I'm a very kind of personable person and I love people. I'm actually nothing like John Ross in that kind of conniving attitude but it makes it fun for me because I actually get to go to work and act. If I were going to work and playing myself every day it would be very boring. I like to see myself as someone who's a lot nicer and less trouble than John Ross. I don't see John Ross as a bad guy. I just think he's kind of a guy who's very determined and passionate and he knows what he wants and he's hopefully not going to let anyone stop him from achieving that. He knows how to do business one way and that's the J.R. way. You kind of can't blame him.

Read more tv spoilers at: Dallas Interview: Josh Henderson Reacts to Ratings, First Day of Filming - TV Fanatic
I love that he celebrated the ratings!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that! He has a lot to celebrate. Hopefully this week did just as well.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

I certainly am interesting in him as John Ross...... more then Christopher coz of Jesse Metcalfe, who is someone i dont like much

Here is a pic of the two JH's = Josh Henderson & Josh Hutcherson (had to put the pic up )
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Lennie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love the thread/OP can I be added?
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Thanks, added you!

Quote:
Josh Henderson & Josh Hutcherson
Try saying that ten times fast! Love the pic!

He was great in last night's episode! It almost breaks my heart how much he wants to please J.R., how much he's willing to do to achieve that. But it's all part of what makes him such an incredibly complex character.

Reply   Post New Thread