Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Is Warner Bros. Planning to Give Jared Leto’s Joker a ‘Suicide Squad’ Spin-Off? | Complex

Quote:
Good news for Jared Leto enthusiasts: Dude might be getting his own Suicide Squad spin-off. Though David Ayer's take on DC's Squad doesn't even hit theaters until August, chatter of sequels and spin-offs has reached some downright dizzying heights over the past few months. The latest whisperings, obtained by We Got This Covered's sources, points to a long and rewarding future for Ayer's Squad that should help everyone completely forget about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

According to sources, Margot Robbie isn't the only Squad star set for solo glory. "The studio is feeling very confident in the property," sources said. "They think it's going to be a really big hit and they think audiences are going to fall in love with these characters." To capitalize on this potential, Warner Bros. is reportedly looking at spin-off properties for both Leto's Joker and Jai Courtney's character Boomerang:

"The Joker is a definite possibility for a spin-off, and Jared [Leto] seems up for it from what I've been told. They’re also really hot on Jai Courtney’s character Boomerang right now. Nothing's set in stone yet, but you’re definitely going to be seeing a lot more of these guys in the years to come."

Possible objections to Leto's dedicated approach to method acting aside, this is extremely good news. Ayer has already pretty much promised to fight for an R-rated Squad sequel, not to mention the fact that the first Squad is already garnering effusive praise from audiences lucky enough to catch an early screening.

Time to start brewing new ways to freak out your co-stars, Jared Leto.

Donna
Old 06-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Shares New Joker Images From Suicide Squad

Quote:
A couple hours ago, Jared Leto shared some new photos of himself dressed as The Joker on Snapchat. In them, we see him in his Joker-makeup, a cane, black socks with pink stripes, and two-toned black and white dress shoes with wing-tip.

He doesn't explain why he's back in his villainous getup, but we'll assume it's either for those Suicide Squad reshoots you've heard so much about, though they were supposedly completed in April, or they are just some old snaps he had lying around.
View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

It feels good to be bad… Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren’t picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it’s every man for himself?

Written and directed by Ayer based on the characters from DC Comics, the film also stars Jai Courtney (“Insurgent”), Jay Hernandez (“Takers”), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (“Thor: The Dark World”), Ike Barinholtz (“Neighbors”), Scott Eastwood (“Fury”), Cara Delevingne (“Paper Towns”), Adam Beach (“Cowboys & Aliens”), and Karen ***uhara in her feature film debut. It is produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle, with Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

Suicide Squad opens worldwide in 3D, and in 2D, and in select IMAX 3D theaters beginning August 5, 2016.

Donna
Old 06-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ More
Exclusive: Jared Leto's Joker to be featured in Rick Ross and Skrillex 'Suicide Squad' music video - Batman News
Quote:
Jared Leto put his Joker costume back on and shared some pictures on Snapchat, Twitter, and Facebook. .....
Leto was in Miami shooting a music video for Rick Ross and Skrillex’s new song (don’t know the title yet), which will be included on the Suicide Squad soundtrack. Apparently the music video will feature the Joker himself!

The song premiered earlier this year at WAV Nightclub in Atlantic City. It’s hard to make out all of the words, but you can definitely hear “Suicide Squad”, “Gotham City”, “Killer Croc”, and “purple Lamborghini”, a reference to Joker’s car in the movie (though it’s not actually a Lamborghini, it’s a custom Vaydor 35).

Old 06-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the video and pics.

Donna
Old 06-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Dressed As The Joker Again For A SUICIDE SQUAD Music Video

Donna

Last edited by Donna K.; 06-06-2016 at 08:04 AM
Donna K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You'll Need A Hug After Watching These Intense Suicide Squad TV Spots

Donna
Old 06-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

David Ayer's Joker Inspired By Drug Lords Of Instagram

Quote:
Director David Ayer is striving for a Joker planted in some sort of reality in his upcoming Suicide Squad, a person who for all his eccentricities could still actually exist in our world.

That led to Ayer utilizing several known traits of the criminal underworld, including using Joker’s body to tell a story through several tattoos, mimicking ones seen on various drug lords and noteworthy criminals.

In an interview with Yahoo UK, the Director went into some details about his process, saying: “A lot of it has to do with creating a character with some kind of history and footprint in our world. And not have this sacrosanct being outside of our continuum, our reality. If a guy like him really existed today, where would he come from? How would he do business? Who would he know? What would he look like? In my mind, I took a lot of inspiration from drug lords on Instagram. It’s a great way to understand the lifestyle of a villain.”

It is the same reason this Joker (played by Jared Leto) is more akin to an actual gangster as opposed to a villainous (and crazy) cartoon. Ayer continues: “The tattoos tell a very specific story. And eventually people will decipher them and understand what’s going on, but obviously, they’re contentious, anytime you do something new it’s contentious. There’s very specific stories and easter eggs in those tattoos. And even his teeth, there’s an entire story behind that which is absolutely canon. It’s putting his history on his body. This Joker is a little more working class, who I believe could live in our world.”

Like most fans, I’m interested to see the actual meaning behind all that ink when Suicide Squad hits theatres on August 5th.
The Crazy Inspiration For The Joker's Tattoos In Suicide Squad - CINEMABLEND

Quote:
While Caesar Romero and Jack Nicholson's versions of The Joker largely resembled the Batman villain in their respective movies, the last decade has seen more unusual adaptations of the Clown Prince of Crime on the big screen. Heath Ledger's version in The Dark Knight eschewed the bleached skin and fine suits in favor of face paint and a grungy look, and this summer, Jared Leto's Joker will be rocking a look just as weird, if not weirder, in Suicide Squad. Among the unusual additions to this iteration are his tattoos, but they serve more purpose than just to make him more visually distinctive.

It's no secret that Jared Leto went extremely method when playing Joker (often with disturbing results), and while chatting with Yahoo, director David Ayer revealed that the reason this was possible due to a carefully constructed backstory, and the tattoos, along with help tell that. According to Ayer:

If a guy like him really existed today, where would he come from? How would he do business? Who would he know? What would he look like? In my mind, I took a lot of inspiration from drug lords on Instagram. It's a great way to understand the lifestyle of a villain.

It's clear from the Suicide Squad previews that the DC Extended Universe is giving moviegoers and longtime comic book fans a much different Joker than they're used to seeing. Rather than resemble the classic, purple-suited, cackling gangster frequently depicted on the printed page, this movie's Joker definitely feels more like a modern crime leader leading his own campaign of chaos across Gotham City. However, he still has his own sense of style and flair, and the tattoos are evidently a way to express himself.

Joker's tattoos seen in Suicide Squad include "Damaged" on his forehead, a demonic jester on the right side of his chest, several "HAs" on the left side of his chest and many more, but it's important to note that the criminal didn't decide to get all these on a whim. Ayer continued:

The tattoos tell a very specific story. And eventually people will decipher them and understand what's going on, but obviously they're contentious, any time you do something new it's contentious. There's very specific stories and easter eggs in those tattoos. And even his teeth, there's an entire story behind that which is absolutely canon. It's putting his history on his body. This Joker is a little more working class, who I believe could live in our world.

We're still having trouble wrapping our heads around Joker sitting still long enough for someone to tattoo him without killing them in the process. Still, from a storytelling perspective, the ink certainly provides an interesting peek into Joker's past without direct exposition. With so much happening in Suicide Squad and the rest of the DCEU in the present day, it remains to be seen how much of Joker's stories will ever be told. Either way, Jared Leto's iteration has clearly had an eventful life of crime at the expense of others, and he's made sure to memorialize all the big moments.

Joker's new reign of terror on the big screen will begin when Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5.

Donna
Old 06-19-2016, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Amazing New Suicide Squad Poster Revealed

Quote:
Warner Bros. has released a new poster for Suicide Squad, their forthcoming DC Comics adaptation, just in advance of the home video release of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, which introduced the Suicide Squad version of Batman.

Like Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad has experimented with a number of different looks and styles to its promotional materials. Unlike Batman V Superman, though, there has been very little "straightforward" promotion for the movie, with everything trending to the brightly colorful, ultraviolent, comedic, and offbeat.

This latest poster could be described as more reminiscent of comics art, but more accurately, it seems to be inspired by tattoo art, undergound comix, and animation more than anything you see in most mainstream superhero comics. It seems unlikely, given how prevalent tattoos are both in the movie -- most of the characters seem to have them -- and in the promotional campaign (during South by Southwest, they set up a free, Suicide Squad-themed tattoo parlor), that the similarity to that style of art is coincidental.

You can check it out below, via the Twitter feed of director David Ayer.

It feels good to be bad…Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren’t picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it’s every man for himself?

Suicide Squad hits theaters August 5, 2016.
Jared Leto's Joker Is Going To Have One Hell Of A Suicide Squad Theme Song - MTV

Quote:
The tracklist for the official Suicide Squad soundtrack has been released, and it aptly features a motley crew of artists and a transformative mix of old and new.

You can expect music from Skrillex and Rick Ross, Twenty One Pilots, Grimes, Eminem, Panic! at the Disco (covering Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”), Action Bronson and The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach, and Lil Wayne with Wiz Khalifa and Imagine Dragons. And let’s not forget Harley Quinn’s personal anthem, Grace’s cover of “You Don’t Own Me” featuring G-Eazy.

In happier news: I have a new song coming out on the suicide squad soundtrack!!!! It's called 'medieval warfare' ^_^ dreams becoming realities.

Here’s the official tracklist for Suicide Squad: The Album, out August 5, 2016:

1. “Purple Lamborghini” – Skrillex & Rick Ross
2. “Sucker for Pain” – Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors)
3. “Heathens” – twenty one pilots
4. “Standing in the Rain” – Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of the Black Keys) (feat. Mark Ronson)
5. “Gangsta” – Kehlani
6. “Know Better” – Kevin Gates
7. “You Don’t Own Me” – Grace (feat. G-Eazy)
8. “Without Me” – Eminem
9. “Wreak Havoc” – Skylar Grey
10. “Medieval Warfare” – Grimes
11. “Bohemian Rhapsody” – Panic! at the Disco
12. “Slippin’ Into Darkness” – War
13. “Fortunate Son” – Creedence Clearwater Revival
14. “I Started a Joke” – ConfidentialMX (feat. Becky Hanson)

Skrillex and Rick Ross’s banger “Purple Lamborghini” is undoubtedly The Joker’s theme. There’s only one mistah in Gotham City with a purple Lambo — and he’s damaged goods.

Donna
Old 06-21-2016, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Tries Talking Italian to a Tortoise | Fashion, Jared Leto : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto wears an eccentric outfit while attending the Gucci fashion show held during Milan Men’s Fashion Week Spring Summer 2017 on Monday (June 20) in Milan, Italy.

The 44-year-old actor documented his encounter with a tortoise that day on his Snapchat account. At one point while talking to the animal, he started speaking in Italian!

Jared posted one of the snaps on his Instagram page with the caption, “@gucci and tortoise 🐢😊💗.” See the picture below.
New Suicide Squad Character Posters Released

Quote:
Warner Bros. has released a new batch of character posters for Suicide Squad, the forthcoming DC Comics adaptation. They are essentially updated versions of the character portraits released last week, with a more movie poster-friendly background for each image.

The characters featured in the portraits are Deadshot, Katana, Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn, El Diablo, Rick Flag, Enchantress, Slipknot, The Joker and Amanda Waller. Check them out in the gallery below.

Suicide Squad is the next film in the growing DC Comics Extended Universe, bringing together a group of villains who are sent out to save the world on a mission that's more than likely going to end with at least a death or two. Many of the characters are typically Batman villains, like Killer Croc, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and others, and the hero, played by Ben Affleck, will be making a cameo in the film, as well.

It feels good to be bad…Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren’t picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it’s every man for himself?

Suicide Squad hits theaters August 5, 2016.

Donna
Old 06-24-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Photos - At The End Of The Show - Milan Men's Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2017 - Zimbio

Why Viola Davis Wanted to Pepper Spray Jared Leto | E! News

Donna
Old 07-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto’s Fans Think the Joker Might Cameo in ‘Justice League’! | Jared Leto : Just Jared

Donna
Old 07-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto On How 100-Year-Old Olivia De Havilland Saved 30 Seconds To Mars

Donna
Old 07-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto's Joker Heads to Arkham With Hot Toys' New "Suicide Squad" Figure | Comic Book Resources

Donna
Old 07-09-2016, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Donna
Old 07-11-2016, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi