Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto- The Fast Company Innovation Festival - The Power of Design With Tony Fadell and Jared Leto

Jared Leto & Gwyneth Paltrow Make Their Mark At Fast Company Innovation Fest 2015! | Debi Mazar, Gwyneth Paltrow, Hilary Duff, Jared Leto, Katie Couric, Steve Aoki : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto gets together with DJ Steve Aoki backstage at his The Power Of Design With Tony Fadell & Jared Leto panel held during the 2015 Fast Company Innovation Festival on Tuesday (November 10) in New York City.

The 43-year-old actor was joined at the event by Gwyneth Paltrow, who hit the stage with Lisa Gersh, CEO Of Goop, to speak at their The Business Of Goop panel moderated by Katie Couric.

“I think, in a media company, it’s good when people are talking about your content,” Gwyneth expressed. “Especially if you stand by your content: It’s not like we’re a gossip site, we’re not saying mean things—we have no negativity in the website at all. If we try a restaurant and we don’t like it, we just don’t add it. That’s part of our values—we believe in positivity and promoting, we don’t say anything bad to get attention for our content is never a bad thing.”

Also in attendance was Hilary Duff and co-star Debi Mazar, who hit the stage with Darren Star and Patricia Field for their Inside TV Land’s Hit Show Younger panel.

FYI: Jared is wearing an Enfant Riches Déprimés shirt, Ksubi jeans, and Vans shoes.

25+ pictures inside of Jared Leto, Gwyneth Paltrow and others at the festival…

Donna
Old 11-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto- Jared Leto Attends the 4th Annual Los Cabos International Film Festival Opening Night Gala in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Jared Leto Believes That ‘Failure Is Essential’! | Jared Leto, Jean-Marc Vallee : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto keeps it cool and casual as he hits the red carpet while attending the 2015 Los Cabos International Film Festival Opening Night Gala held on Wednesday (November 11) in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

The 43-year-old actor was in attendance to help honor writer and director Jean-Marc Vallée, who he worked together with in Dallas Buyers Club, which earned Jared an Oscar, a SAG Award and a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Role, among other awards and recognition’s.

Jared recently opened up about why he believes that failure is essential.

“I don’t think failure is dark at all. I think that failure is what leads to success and success is oftentimes what leads us to fail,” Jared expressed at his Fast Company Innovation Festival panel. “It’s the truth and they should teach us that when we’re kids. They teach us to avoid failure, that we should jump over that chasm like its something we should be ashamed of. It’s not a dirty word, failure is essential. I’ve learned much more from my failures than I have my successes.”

Donna
Old 11-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto's Joker Insanity Brought the Entire Suicide Squad Together... in Laughter | moviepilot.com

Quote:
We're now all well acquainted with the admittedly bizarre stories coming out of the set of the Suicide Squad. Like Heath Ledger before him, it seems Jared Leto dived head first into the character of The Joker, even going so far to isolate himself from the rest of the cast and crew.

However, far from freaking everyone out (although apparently it did originally), it seems the Suicide Squad gang soon became accustomed to his behavior and even found it amusing. Producer Charles Roven told Collider:

"Look, you know, it was different, it was fun. The group first wasn’t sure because the AD’s had to call him ‘Mr. J’ to get him to come to the set [laughs]. And he did in many ways isolate himself from the rest of the group, but that’s really what his character was, the purpose of his character in many ways, other than when he was with Harley or trying to get Harley. It was very entertaining, it was fuel for a lot of good sport and a lot of laughs, and his isolation bonded the squad, and we wanted the squad bonded."

Setup Timeout Error: Setup took longer than 10 seconds to complete.
Of course, Leto didn't isolate himself completely -- he did communicate via mail. As previously reported, Leto got into character by sending his cast mates personalized parcels, some of which contained some rather unsavory gifts. For example, Margot Robbie was sent a love letter containing a live rat, while Will Smith got a letter with some bullets.

He then went even further to send the entire cast a video which included a "dead hog." In the video, which featured Leto in character as The Joker, he explained he was sorry to not be there with the cast, but that he had been "doing my work as hard as you guys."
Billboard

Donna
Old 11-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto & Kirsten Dunst Help Honor At PEN Center USA’s Literary Awards Fest! | Jared Leto, Kirsten Dunst : Just Jared

Quote:
Kirsten Dunst flashes a smile on the red carpet while attending PEN Center USA’s 25th Annual Literary Awards Festival held at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel on Monday (November 16) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The 33-year-old Fargo actress was joined at the event by Jared Leto, who hit the stage to honor IPS associate John Kiriakou with the First Amendment Award.

Last week, Jared kept it cool and casual at the 2015 Los Cabos International Film Festival Opening Night Gala.

FYI: Kirsten is wearing a Gucci long sleeve shirt and pleated skirt.

10+ pictures inside of Jared Leto and Kirsten Dunst at the 2015 Literary Awards Festival…
Jared Leto -PEN Center USA's 25th Annual Literary Awards Festival - Inside

Donna
Old 11-20-2015, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/let...ive#.gaXx3qWvO

Donna
Old 11-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

More On Jared Leto's Joker-ish Behavior On The Suicide Squad Set | Comicbook.com

Quote:
A lot has been written about Jared Leto's unusual behavior on the set of Suicide Squad. His co-stars, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney, Scott Eastwood and Will Smith, have all raved about his amazing performance, however, they all claim that they never met Leto out-of-character. The Oscar-winning actor supposedly stayed committed to the role of The Joker throughout filming, isolating himself from the rest of the cast. Furthermore, he sent creepy gifts to cast members, like a live-rat to Robbie and one of the film's producers said recently that Leto would only respond to "Mr. J." But are all of these method-style antics being blown out of proportion?

"My source tells me that while working on the set of Suicide Squad, Jared Leto wasn’t as difficult with the crew as previously reported," the website Not Yet Rated reports. "In fact, my source claims that he’s never once heard anyone call Jared “Mr. J” in order for him to cooperate. What my source has told me, however, is that during a portion of the filming, the cast and crew were located in a prison and when filming wrapped up for the day, Jared would tell the crew to lock him up in one of the cells, keep the key and allow him to stay in the prison cell overnight."

They go on to say that Leto, at times, dropped The Joker facade and was cordial with members of the cast and crew. "My source also tells me that he did interact with the crew and even cracked a joke or two with them," they added.

Directed and written by David Ayer (Fury) and features an all-star cast: Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, Jai Courtney, Joel Kinnaman, Cara Delevingne, Viola Davis, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Adam Beach, Jay Hernandez, and Karen ***ahara.

Suicide Squad is set to be released August 5, 2016.

Donna
Old 11-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Honors Paris Attacks Victims at AMAs 2015 (Video) | 2015 American Music Awards, 2015 Paris Attacks, American Music Awards, Jared Leto, Jeremy Renner : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto makes a speech on stage at the 2015 American Music Awards held at the Microsoft Theater on Sunday (November 22) in Los Angeles.

The 43-year-old actor paid tribute to the victims of the Paris terrorist attacks and talked about his band Thirty Seconds to Mars had recently played at the Bataclan, where the most deadly shooting happened.

“Earlier this year, my band was wrapping up a tour in Europe and we were looking for a good excuse to stop off in one of our favorite cities in the world, Paris. We played an impromptu show in a place called The Bataclan. It was beautiful, peaceful, and unforgettable,” Jared said. “What a difference a day makes. Seven months later, on the evening of November 13th, 2015, that same venue was under siege.”

“One of a series of terrorist attacks on Paris that changed the world forever. 129 innocent people died and another seven billion will forever be scarred by this horrific and senseless tragedy,” Jared continued.

“Tonight, we honor the victims of the unimaginable violence that has taken place in Paris and around the world,” he concluded the speech, which you can watch in full below. “France matters. Russia matters, Syria matters, Mali matters, the United States matters. The entire world matters and peace is possible.”

Jared then introduced an emotional performance delivered by Celine Dion.

Also pictured inside: Jeremy Renner presenting the final award of the night.

Donna
Old 11-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto- 2015 American Music Awards - Show

Donna
Old 11-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the articles and link.

Jade Lizabetta Lautner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 11-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Jared Leto apologizes to neighbors for wild parties … with pie? |

Quote:
The good thing about having Jared Leto as your neighbor would be sharing your ‘hood with a sexy, Oscar-winning rock star next door. The bad thing? Loud, raging parties like the one he threw this past Halloween.

But wait, there would be one more good thing: Free pie.

Laurel Canyon neighbors of the “Suicide Squad” star, many still angry about the rager Leto threw last month, were surprised to discover an unusual gift this Thanksgiving: A Whole Foods pie with a hand-written message on each box.

“Happy Thanksgiving! From: Your Neighbor, Jared Leto,” the actor wrote on the boxes that were delivered just before Turkey Day. Shortly after moving into his new house, Leto threw a Halloween party that TMZ says “wreaked havoc” in the neighborhood, and it appears that he is trying to repair community relations.

At least one of his neighbors, however, doesn’t seem to be holding a grudge — an entrepreneur named Craig Brockie posted a picture of his pumpkin pie on Twitter, writing “Happy thanksgiving to you too Jared Leto. Thanks for the pie. So good. Welcome to the neighborhood!”

Another neighbor, author Gwen Banta, seemed similarly prepared to embrace the season’s messages of compassion — and she should, because she got a yummy-looking apple pie. “Thanks to my super cool neighbor Jared Leto. How classy is that???”

My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the pics and quote.

Donna
Old 12-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Listens to & Critiques Taylor Swift’s ’1989′ (Video) | Jared Leto, Taylor Swift : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto first listened to Taylor Swift‘s album 1989 a couple of months ago and all of his comments on the music were caught on video.

The 43-year-old entertainer is seen in a Los Angeles recording studio alongside one of his Thirty Seconds to Mars bandmates in the video obtained by TMZ.

Some of the songs that Jared is seen listening to are “Blank Space,” “Style,” and “Welcome to New York.

He called “Style” an “interesting little pop song” and he thought Taylor was singing “Starbucks lovers” just like lots of fans!

“It’s whatever works best for us,” Jared ultimately says while trying to find inspiration for his new music.

Donna
Old 12-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Apologizes to Taylor Swift After Leaked Video Surfaces | Jared Leto, Taylor Swift : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto has offered an apology to Taylor Swift after a private video surfaced of him critiquing her album 1989.

“The truth is I think [Taylor Swift] is amazing + an incredible example of what’s possible,” the 43-year-old actor and entertainer wrote on his Twitter account. “If I hurt her or her fans my sincerest apologies.”

Jared even cursed at her during a moment in the leaked video. “F— her. I don’t give a f— about her,” Jared can be heard saying. Watch the leaked video if you missed it.
WhoSay - #CelebsUnfiltered, Social Celebrities, Entertainment News, Photos, Videos, and Exclusives

Quote:
Leto says 'sorry.'

What's good, Jared Leto?

After a video of the 43-year-old actor bashing Taylor Swift surfaced on the Internet Monday, Leto took to Twitter to apologize to those who were offended by his harsh critique of the pop star's album, 1989.

Jared Leto Apologizes to Taylor Swift After Saying he Doesn't 'Give a ***** About Her'

"The truth is I think @taylorswift13 is amazing + an incredible example of what's possible. If I hurt her or her fans my sincerest apologies," he tweeted on Monday night.

Some Twitter users came to Leto's defense, lamenting the actor's loss of privacy and speculating how such a video was captured in the first place.

Others weren't so quick to accept the Oscar winner's apology.

Swift has yet to comment on the initial video or Leto's apology tweet because she's probably too busy riding roller coasters with Blake Lively.

We think she'll be just fine.
Jared Leto Apologizes to Taylor Swift for Insulting Her - Us Weekly

Quote:
No bad blood anymore? Jared Leto apologized to Taylor Swift on Monday, Dec. 7, after a video surfaced earlier that day of the actor saying he didn’t “give a ******” about her.

In the video obtained by TMZ, Leto, 43, and a fellow 30 Seconds to Mars bandmate were seen listening to Swift’s hit 2014 album, 1989, and making fun of it.

“Oh, I don’t like this at all,” the Oscar winner said at one point, referring to her song “Welcome to New York.” At the end of the video, which TMZ notes is a few months old, he quipped, “****** her. I don’t give a ****** about her.”

After receiving intense backlash from the web, the Suicide Squad star took to Twitter to apologize for his comments.

“The truth is I think @taylorswift13 is amazing + an incredible example of what’s possible,” he tweeted. “If I hurt her or her fans my sincerest apologies.”

The tweet thus far has been retweeted more than 2,000 times, and has garnered close to 4,000 likes.

The “Wildest Dreams” singer, 25, has yet to respond to the TMZ video or Leto’s apology.

Donna
Old 12-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Sues TMZ Over "Stolen" Video Featuring Taylor Swift Curse - Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
According to the lawsuit, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, TMZ promised a $2,000 payment, but then was warned it had no rights to the footage.
Jared Leto, the Oscar-winning actor and frontman of the band Thirty Seconds to Mars, has lodged a notable new copyright lawsuit against TMZ and parent company Warner Bros. Entertainment, alleging that the gossip site published a sensational video after being warned that it was stolen.

The video in question features Leto and an engineer at a home studio critiquing various songs off of Taylor Swift's "1989" album. Leto is shown as admiring Swift's work, even going so far as exclaiming (perhaps jokingly) that he wanted to "steal" one of her finer moments of production work. But towards the end of the video, Leto becomes indifferent. "I mean, f— her," he says. "I don't give a f— about her."

Leto later apologized, tweeting out, "The truth is I think @taylorswift13 is amazing + an incredible example of what's possible. If I hurt her or her fans my sincerest apologies."

Now, the actor and musician is directing his anger at TMZ for invading his privacy. That's his moral objection to what the website has done. As for his legal one, his Sisyphus Touring company has brought a copyright lawsuit that could put the Warner Bros.-owned site on its heels with some sort of fair use defense. If the lawsuit goes far, it could also explore TMZ's reportorial methods.

READ MORE SAG-AFTRA Sues Lee Daniels for Not Paying Residuals
"I have chosen to file this lawsuit not because I want to, but in hopes it will encourage more people to stop trafficking in stolen goods, to follow proper legal procedure and so that it may motivate additional consideration for the harm these acts can create, especially when the only intention is to simply further the bottom line for the companies and corporations that commit these acts," says Leto in a statement (published in full below).

In a complaint filed in California federal court, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Leto (through Sisyphus Touring) says the footage was shot Sept. 8 by a videographer retained by him. This videographer is said to have delivered the video to TMZ in exchange for a promised payment of $2,000.

"TMZ requested that Videographer sign a document confirming he had the legal right to deliver the Footage," states the complaint. "Videographer refused to sign such an acknowledgement. Prior to any broadcast of the Footage, Plaintiff had advised Defendants that the Footage was stolen, and that Defendants were not authorized to disseminate, display, or publish the Footage on the website TMZ.com or at all."

The lawsuit adds that TMZ "rushed to publish," and that 15 minutes after it had done so, the videographer (perhaps suffering from a crisis of conscience) urged the gossip site, "Do not post the footage. I do not own it. I do not have permission."

As of now, TMZ continues to show the Leto footage on its site.

This isn't the first time that the Harvey Levin site has been dragged into court after posting material alleged to be confidential and stolen

For example, about a half decade ago, TMZ was hit with a copyright lawsuit over an interview with Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe. The interview was produced by F. Marc Schaffel Productions, which was granted access to her through an agreement with Jackson himself because the pop superstar had to release Rowe from non-disclosure obligations. After some of the tape aired on Fox News' Geraldo at Large, Schaffel held on to hours of unaired footage, which wound up in the hands of TMZ, which published an excerpt and then was sued. The case later settled.

The attorney representing Schaffel in that case was Howard King, who is now representing Leto.

THR has reached out to TMZ for comment.

Here's Leto's full statement:

"Last Sunday, I was alerted that TMZ had acquired personal and private video footage of me in my home and that they were planning to leak it on their site. My team notified TMZ immediately that I fully owned the footage and that their source had absolutely no rights to sell it. They chose to post it anyway. Let's be clear. This was stolen footage. This was an invasion of privacy. And it was both legally and morally wrong. Regardless of who we are, we should all be able to talk freely in the privacy of our own homes without the fear that our unfiltered thoughts or actions will get broadcast to the world. We have the right to privacy and security and when we don't have protections in place to safeguard those things, we lose the freedom to speak loudly and clearly - right or wrong - about anything and everything we choose to. I have chosen to file this lawsuit not because I want to, but in hopes it will encourage more people to stop trafficking in stolen goods, to follow proper legal procedure and so that it may motivate additional consideration for the harm these acts can create, especially when the only intention is to simply further the bottom line for the companies and corporations that commit these acts."

Donna