Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroes.Laur�*�*h (View Post)
Omg! B.Chambers ,, I love your icon!
Thank you.

Natalie

Last edited by B.Chambers; 10-08-2010 at 02:14 PM
B.Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG this would be awesome, I never knew it existed.
Evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Please add me
Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Evie and -Kelly-, added you both.

Welcome to the Home and Away Campaign Thread.

Natalie
Old 09-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Welcome Evie & Kelly!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Natalie
Old 12-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

Natalie
Old 12-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Can you please add me? I would LOVE a H&A board. Gah. I could obsess daily. It would be awesome.
I love you
meghan
chasing starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing starlight (View Post)
Can you please add me? I would LOVE a H&A board. Gah. I could obsess daily. It would be awesome.
Added you.

Natalie
Old 04-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

Sally, being one of the longest standing cast members on the show, truly deserves this place. Every year Sally seems to get new storylines, some tragic, some light-hearted. If you look at all the tragic things that have happened to her and compare it with the good things, you might think or it might seem she's had more of a bad life than a good. But in my opinion I do not think that is true. She may have lost her parents, but found new ones in Pippa and Tom. When Tom died, there came a hard time and a new daddy, but after a while it became good again. Stuff like this balances it out. Sally lost Flynn but found a companion in Brad. She left Brad standing at the alter but I think as a result of that she has become even more independent. Sally is an inspiration, not a sucker for bad luck. She was knocked back many times but she always comes back stronger and will continue to do so until the very end. A well deserved place, thumbs up for Sally!

So what is it about Matilda that means she has now moved up 27 places in the MPC poll since 2006? Well, since then, she has had an increase in storylines and has matured considerably. Plus, going by some of the comments made by BttB members, viewers have warmed to her a lot more in recent years too. When Matilda arrived in 2003, lets face it, she was a bit annoying. Now, four years on, she has changed and grown-up a lot and has been through enough tragedies to last a lifetime. One of the biggest tragedies being the death of her mother. This changed her in many ways and made her feel lost and unsure of where she belonged, but after some time away to consider the things in her life and how she was going to move on without her mum, she started to feel more in control. This tough and emotional storyline gave viewers the chance to enjoy Indiana's acting, with many members saying that they feel she is very good at portraying emotional scenes and can pull viewers in to how 'Matilda' is feeling. As any Home and Away fan should know, it's very rare for anyone in Summer Bay to be single. So, as the 2006 season was drawing to a close, Ric and Matilda, who were very good friends, became a couple. Their relationship consisted of the odd argument, but it wouldn't be untrue to say that they were one of the Bay's strongest couples. However, their relationship started to go downhill when Viv Anderson, one of Ric's clients at the garage, started causing problems for the two of them. The question on every 'Ritilda' fans' mind is: When will Ric and Mattie get back together? Well, only time will tell. One thing we can be sure of, however, is that Matilda has increased in popularity with viewers over the years and continues to be a much-loved character.

Some will be happy, some will be livid. What am I talking about? Yes, you've got it. I'm talking about Martha reaching 4th place. In 2006 she reached 6th place, but this year it's 4th place for a character who is loved and loathed by many viewers. The daughter of Roo Stewart and Granddaughter of Alf Stewart, Martha Mckenzie (or is it Holden???), has had more storylines than Sally times Sally times infinity. Yes, it really is true. Nevertheless, this has given viewers an opportune amount of time to make up their minds as to whether they like her or not. And unless you were born on some other planet and haven't realized the mayhem that surrounds every single H&A fan of today, you will know that Jack and Martha have quite a fan base. And when I say ''quite'', I mean enormous. Yes, JM or JnM, or whatever the latest name pairing is, have a big following. Many Jack and Martha lovers are cheering them on to get back together, and we probably won't see the end of the fascination with them until after they have left. Therefore, it looks like the mayhem is set to continue for quite a while. Apart from the 'Will they, won't they get back together?' storyline with Jack, 2007 brought many other storylines for Martha, including her being sucked into Cam Reynolds' world at the Rocket Club. That, along with her many other storylines, caused Martha to undergo quite a transformation as a character. When we first saw her, she was a tomboy and an electrician, but in 2007 she became someone who had a vulnerable side - something we hadn't seen very much of before. Throughout every thing she's been through, Martha remains a popular character, as her ranking in this poll shows, and I presume it's likely to remain that way for quite a long time..well, until she leaves anyway.

I wasn't too surprised to find Jack in 5th place again. He's half of one of the most popular couples to be seen on the show so it was inevitable that he would rank high in the poll. Therefore, what is it about Jack that BttB members love so much? Well, they obviously don't love him for his skills as a cop. If Jack really existed and really was a cop he'd probably be in jail himself for the various illegal crimes he's committed! However, many find Jack to be a likeable character. His relationship with Sam Tolhurst isn't so well liked though. Jack and Martha were a very popular couple when they were together and when the storylines involving them and Sam kicked off in 2007, fans had to endure their characters going through storylines which had more twists and turns than a rollercoaster. Jack's life as a whole has been a bit of a rollercoaster really. Since his arrival, he's been shot, he's been in a coma (more than once), he's gotten engaged (twice), he's gotten married and he's saved his ex-wife from a burning building. I could go on, but we'd be here all day. All of that aside, Jack has become a well liked character among forum members for his kind and caring personality. Even so, if your name is Cam Reynolds or Ashton Nader you might want to run!
Credit to Back To The Bay.

Last edited by B.Chambers; 04-18-2010 at 07:30 PM
Old 04-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

Belle is the type of character I love. You may say that Summer Bay gets a lot of people with attitude, but Belle seemed to have more attitude than anybody else. It was the "Get stuffed." attitude that made her so popular.
When she first arrived in the bay, she was a bit of a trouble-maker. Her devious flirting with Ric in his bedroom was great. She didn't seem to care that Cassie might walk in and find Ric with a total stranger.
Belle also had some flaws, but I think that is why so many people like her. There is still one very big mystery surrounding her though... You may have remembered that she made Flynn fall down the stairs. This led to his health rapidly deteriorating, and then he died. A secret mission, maybe? I still wonder if she ever thinks about that.
Oh, and I forgot the mention, Belle seems to be quite funny... which is rare within the Summer Bay teen-group. You may ask "How the hell is she funny?" - she comes out with some hilarious one-liners from time-to-time. A great thing for a character to have!

We first saw Aden in 2005 when he started going out with Cassie. He returned in 2007 and, by most people's standards, is a complete bad boy. However, he has a growing fan base and there is more to this bad boy than meets the eye. I think Aden has the most potential to stay a bad boy than the others we have seen. Thats what I thought anyway. But now he's shaping up to be a little bit... not nicer but... for want of a better word... conciderate, trying to help a drunken Annie. Unfortunatly, he's in a bit of a 'The boy who cried Wolf (or booze)' situation.

The story of Rocco Cooper is a short and tragic one. Brought up by his brother Johnny in a brutal gang environment, Rocco strove to break free of his criminal leanings, but to do that he would have to betray Johnny, something that would hurt him in more ways than one. Rocco was taken in by Sally, but in Johnny's opinion Sally had no right to take Rocco away from him, and Rocco had no right to ask to be taken. That's why if Rocco wanted to prove his loyalty to Johnny, he would have to kill Sally. That, or Johnny would kill him. Rocco didn't want to die, and so he made the impossible decision to kill Sally. Except that when he stabbed her, she didn't die. Johnny took Rocco's failure as a clear sign that his little brother was a lost cause, and had him killed after all. Johnny then pinned the murder on Sally's son in a final act of twisted justice, hoping to take Ric's life away just as Rocco's life had been taken from him.

Kane is a controversial topic of conversation. He "attacked" Dani, and then went on to marry her sister. Now, some people will tell you that this is a sick and twisted development beyond all reason or comprehension, and others will tell you that it's proof of Kirsty and Kane's love being able to overcome anything. Either way, Kane is an interesting character. He came from a family of jailbirds and managed to turn his life around to become a decent, well loved member of society. He overcame the horrors of his childhood, the hatred of the townsfolk, and the ravages of cancer, only to end up seconds from a jail sentence through the lies and betrayal of his own father and brother. Rather than leave his pregnant wife and be an absentee father, Kane decided to skip town with Kirsty, and they drove off to become fugitives. Always on the run, but always together.

Kirsty Phillips is possibly even more controversial than her husband. She's the girl who fell in love with her sister's attacker (after falling for someone who might have been her brother), then lied about being pregnant so that her family would accept him. She then evolved the lie to include a miscarriage so that no one would get hip to the scam. Regardless of all this, she did marry Kane and lived with him at Irene's house until they were forced to flee a bogus armed robbery charge that would have seen Kane put behind bars, where he would miss out on raising their one and only non-imaginary child. With Kirsty being on the run from the law, one wonders whether her estranged, identical twin sister is copping any heat.

We fell in love with "Dalby" as the mischievous, mistreated, and ultimately misguided school boy who found pleasure in tormenting Henry Hunter. When he learned that he was Alf Stewart's long-lost grandson, and that his doctor and volunteer foster father Flynn had genuine faith in him as a person, Dalby dropped the last name and the attitude to integrate nicely into the bay as "Ric." Mattie became his friend, and Henry reluctantly followed. Then Henry was replaced by Lucas, and a few strip poker sessions later, Lucas and Ric became the best of friends. Which is just as well, seeing as it was Luc's cunning gangster disguise that tricked one of the prison guards into admitting that Johnny had the means to kill Rocco from behind bars, which in turn lead to Ric's release from prison.

Natalie

Last edited by B.Chambers; 03-28-2017 at 12:44 AM
Old 04-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

Hayley and Noah were one of the power couples of Home and Away, but when Noah was killed by Sarah Lewis, Hayley had to settle for loving his ghost until she was ready to let him go. Sarah's death, too, haunted Hayley, but in a much different way. Sarah's vengeful lover, hiding behind the cheery facade of Zoe McAllister, befriended Hayley and tricked her into going on a joy ride flight with Kim which she had sabotaged to crash. In the ashes of the tragedy (which claimed the life of the pilot) Hayley and Kim shared a kiss which started up a short term love affair. However, Zoe's stunt backfired when she herself became involved with Kim, only for Kim to cheat on her with Hayley. Hayley then became pregnant, and the paternity test revealed that it was Kim's baby... but Zoe, to punish her boyfriend and friend for their betrayal, had switched the results. The real father was Scott Hunter, whom Hayley was actually in love with. This whole confusing mess went on for the entire 9 month gestation period and wasn't resolved until much later when Kim had an accident and it was discovered that he didn't share the necessary blood type to be baby Noah's real father. Realising that Scott was indeed her baby's father, Hayley was free to abandon Kim and his many varied issues for a dream life in France.

Noah was, in my opinion, another successful character. He was just one of those characters you have to like because of his big heart and his wish to help people. I especially liked him in his storylines with Kit and Sarah, and when Hayley was dumped by Alex and was in a car accident. I also think they managed to make Noah an interesting character instead of just a nice and big-hearted character, his past and his relationship with his mother certainly brought some good storylines for Noah.

Peter was the detective on the case of Sarah Lewis, The Summer Bay Stalker, and... The Summer Bay Stalker again. How could he have predicted that the strung-out Crystal Meth addict would put him in a coma?; that the friendly neighbourhood nurse was actually a psychotic serial killer?; or that his own partner, Tracey Thompson, was plotting to literally stab him in the back? Well, Tracey got her comeuppance when she and Eve blew themselves up at Jack and Martha's wedding, taking nobody they intended down with them. Peter pretended to die to avoid some unfriendly mobsters, only to rise from the "dead" months later (much like Eve) upon hearing that his son, Drew, had come to the bay. We can also credit Peter for the introduction of his brother, Dan, who gave him a run for his money when it came to vying for the affections of Leah. Dan won that battle, but Peter won Dan's ex-wife, Amanda, so everybody was happy.

Vindictive and coy, Amanda is one pouting princess not to be messed with. Even her own psychotic sister couldn't bring her down, try as she might. After years of unhealthy, destructive, and downright disturbing relationships, Amanda finally settled down with Peter Baker - her ex-husband's brother who's son she also slept with - and they all lived happily ever after.

Shannon arrived in the bay with foster brother Curtis, who was actually her boyfriend. She moved into The Caravan Park House and was bossy, opinionated but also a firm fan favourite. She had an artistic streak, first as a painter and then as an author, and went through a succession of boyfriends in The Bay. She tried to steal Shane from Angel and became anorexic when the town turned against her. She dated Alex for a long time but they eventually split, assumedly because the actor who played Alex got sick of bending down to kiss the tiny Isla. After making her way through the boys of the Bay Shannon found affection with writer Mandy and the two left in 1997 to go to Paris.

Throughout the shows history, I don't think there's ever been a character like Flynn. He was a caring, loving and inspirational family man who loved his daughter, his foster children, and the woman that had been there for him through the good and the bad times, Sally Fletcher. Flynn was simply a nice guy who loved and adored his family. However, in 2005 he was tragically diagnosed with cancer. With Sally and Flynn being such a popular couple the only way he could leave would be to have him die. While us fans were upset about this, we weren't to know what an emotional storyline we would be given leading up to his death. From Flynn writing down the things he wanted to do before he died to seeing him and Sally dancing to their wedding song moments before he passed away, it was a storyline that left many with tears in their eyes. Still to this day it's clear that viewers still love Flynn, and I think they always will...

Natalie

Last edited by B.Chambers; 03-28-2017 at 12:52 AM
Old 04-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

i didn't know there was one

add me

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules! (View Post)
i didn't know there was one

add me
Added you, Jules.

Natalie
Old 04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Natalie
Reply   Post New Thread