Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Ron Perlman chatted for the first time about his role in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, confirming that he actually plays a gangster at a speakeasy in the film, and not a goblin.

Ron Perlman: “The movie takes place in [1926] Manhattan with Newt Scamander, who’s this magician who comes to New York to buy the girl he’s trying to win over a little exotic gift, and he gets caught up with this thing and he comes to my nightclub,” Perlman said.

“I’m a gangster who owns a speakeasy. He comes to my nightclub to get information and so I have this one scene in the movie with Newt and his friends. Newt is played by Academy Award winner Eddie Redmayne, who was in “The Theory of Everything” … And I steal the movie. I’m like the Donald Trump of acting. My acting is so good. You’re not going to believe how good it is.”

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them's first installment, written by Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, hits theaters in November 2016.
Ron Perlman confirms he plays gangster in 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' - SnitchSeeker.com
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
warner bros. Studios leavesden vans were spotted at cardington sheds in bedfordshire, uk on monday, and rumors state that it could be for on-location filming for fantastic beasts and where to find them.

Do note that this is strictly a rumor, as producer david heyman said liverpool was the only place outside leavesden studios where fantastic beasts and where to find them's first film would be shot. Also, warner bros. Could also be filming other projects outside of their studios besides fantastic beasts. All the same, there is a chance this could be more outside production for the movie.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fantastic Beasts Will Take Cues from Goblet of Fire | Collider
Old 11-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Oooooh, GoF was dark and as long as there are no character deaths, I like the tone overall.

Quote:
Eddie Redmayne went into a bit of detail about how he prepared to play Newt Scamander, the famed Magizoologist, for the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film series, while promoting the upcoming release of his drama, The Danish Girl.

Eddie Redmayne: “I spent a lot of time at animal sanctuaries and meeting people whose job it is to track [animals] and do interesting things. Hearing about their lives, it’s interesting, and who knows if any of it is relevant onscreen?”
Redmayne briefly commented on visiting zookeepers and animal handlers to EW during their set visit last month, and this perhaps gives a better idea of how deep he went into research.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them's first installment, written by Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, hits theaters in November 2016.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2439612
Old 11-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fantastic Beasts: Eddie Redmayne costume has Daniel Radcliffe jealous | EW.com

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne — not necessarily because he’s the new face of the Harry Potter movie universe with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but because of what he gets to wear.

EW debuted the first look at The Theory of Everything Oscar winner in the film from director David Yates and Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, penning her first-ever screenplay. “Oh f–k you, Eddie, in your brilliant costume,” Radcliffe joked to NME. “I got jeans and a zip top for 10 years and you’ve got a great coat already?”

Redmayne portrays magizoologist Newt Scamander, who embarks on an adventure in 1926 New York. He’s joined by Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Colin Farrell, Ezra Miller, Dan Fogler, and more.

The strangest part for Radcliffe on the franchise’s continuation is that someone else will play “The Boy Who Lived” in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Cursed Child stage production. Though he called it weird, he said he’s “happy for it to go on without me” and he really wants to see it — now that he found out Harry Potter is in it.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the article!

Quote:
Rowling: I always knew Warner Bros wanted to do something with Fantastic Beasts and, being slightly control-freaky, I thought I’d better tell them that I had an idea. Then I sort of wrote a screenplay without meaning to. I know that sounds incredibly disingenuous.

Rowling: Big Smiths fan. And the people who mean something to you at 16, 17 are the people who are getting you through stuff. So I absolutely understand why someone who is hanging on to Harry Potter as a safe place at 13 is excited at 21 to talk about what [Hogwarts] house they’d be in. I don’t think it’s infantile.

I don’t think it’s any more infantile than me being excited to meet Morrissey. I was with my sister-in-law and she said, “Put. Your. Hand. Down.” I was walking around afterwards with my hand out like that [mimes a stiff handshake].
Old 12-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for that news! They even gave her a chair and an ID badge.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Total Fan

I hope they go to SDCC next year to promote the movie.

Harry Potter is continuing both in the past and the future. I'm proud to be Potterhead.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Me too!

I have a feeling they might schedule for SDCC. If not that, then another fan convention since the movie will come out November 2016.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Me too!

I have a feeling they might schedule for SDCC. If not that, then another fan convention since the movie will come out November 2016.
I know Harry Potter series did some of the SDCC.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Yup they did although I don't think Dan, Emma & Rupert attended those.

Can this month just be over so it can be 2016 and we'll get more promotions for this movie soon?
Old 12-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yup they did although I don't think Dan, Emma & Rupert attended those.

Can this month just be over so it can be 2016 and we'll get more promotions for this movie soon?
They will.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Ali with Jon Voight (who's also in the movie).

Old 12-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Trailer Announce | Collider
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top