Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Passionate Fan

I do like anna and bates they just wouldnt be my stand out couple but they are awfully sweet
Old 10-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Absolute Fan

I dont know if there are any other shippers, but here we go! Ale, ive added you

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/valet-ho.../#post58882836
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 10-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah
Old 10-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbunny911 (View Post)
I do like anna and bates they just wouldnt be my stand out couple but they are awfully sweet
And there are loads of awesome couples on the show. We are spoiled for choice
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 10-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Please add me

We are spoiled for choice with great couple my OTP's are Mary/Matthew, Sybil/Branson and Anna and Bates

Has anyone submitted Downton Abbey for next months polls?
Old 10-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

m/m

What do you think is going to happen in the next episode (s2e4) of DA?

I found the following 2 bits of info and was curious as to:
1) Who questions Mary about Sir Richard Carlisle? (The typo--see below--is maddening).
2) Who spoke those words to whom? [My guesses are in brackets].
3) Why do you think Sir Richard writes to Lord Grantham? Because Mary rejected him in favor for the Hon. Evelyn Napier and he wants to force her hand with the info sold to him by Mrs. Bates or because he wants to withdraw his proposal to her, upon hearing the sensational story Mrs. Bates has sold his newspaper, and wants to warn her family before he publishes the salacious details, which he feels compelled to do, as he feels his obligations r to his shareholders, given scandalous news sells papers?

Here r the 2 sets of info:

1) Downton Abbey Season 2 Episode 4 - Series 2, Episode 4 | Downton Abbey 2x4
DA: Series 2, Episode 4
The household is preparing for a concert at Downton in an effort to try and keep spirits up among the convalescing men. Mary is quizzed by Mary [sic] about Carlisle, but Mary refuses to answer her questions. She wants to move on with her life without Matthew. There continues to be tension between Cora and Isobel and Isobel is not happy when she has been over-ruled by Cora. Robert gets a letter from Carlisle, which causes him to worry and there ends up being an uncomfortable conversation between him and Mary. Matthew ends up getting caught with William as they fight on the front line. Mrs Hughes ends up making a surprising discovery that ends in tears for one member of the staff.

2) 'Downton Abbey': Series 2 Episode 4 teasers
'Downton Abbey': Series 2 Episode 4 teasers
Monday, 03 October 2011 09:15 Malcolm J Stewart

In the next episode of Julian Fellowes' period drama, preparations are underway for a concert at Downton, to keep spirits up among the convalescing men.

Meanwhile, Robert receives a letter from Carlisle, which causes him concern forcing an uncomfortable conversation with his eldest daughter.

Episode 4 airs at 9pm on Sunday 9th October 2011 on ITV1. Here are ten teasing lines of dialogue from the episode...

» ‘I don’t think one knows anything in wartime.’

» ‘I may not be a woman of the world, but I don’t live in a sack.’

» ‘I wish I could believe in your motives.’

» ‘You’re too scared to admit it, but you’re in love with me.’ [it's so pushy and self-focused, it's got to be branson to poor young lady sybil. i really think that he should make something of himself BEFORE asking her. it would be such come down for her, but he doesn't seem to care. i would hate to see lady sybil end up like fanny price's mother, only not in portsmouth but somewhere in ireland].

» ‘Will you come back with me and help me through the vale of shadow?’

» ‘I’m a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose.’ [granny to lady mary - s2e4 trailer. Thus, this is certain, not a guess]

» ‘I shall go… I will… I repeat, I mean it.’

» ‘Please be glad for me, as I will always be for you.’ [lady mary to capt. crawley]

» ‘That was the War Office.’

» ‘It comes down to whether or not you love me. That’s all. That’s it.’

So, what do you think? I'm exceedingly eager to hear your views!

P.S. Upon carefully reading the official DA series 2 press pack, I found that my 3rd question above does not need discussion. The answer's clear. It's the fomer, not the latter. He very much wants to marry her. And he will use the power her secret gives him to make her marry him, else he could bring down the whole family.

Also, the press pack states that Matthew, at the end of the war, out of honor, seeks to do something, which his mother sees more clearly even than he will not be good for him. It says also that if she doesn't succeed in getting him to change course, it wouldn't be for not doing her darndest. I do hope he doesn't end up marrying Lavinia out of honor, even though he realizes by then that he loves and longs for Mary. If he doesn't back out, then Lavinia must do so, realizing that he loves Mary but will not back out of his engagement.

I watch DA for M/M, you know. No other plot even begins to compare with them. I think though that the Hon. Evelyn Napier may prove to be Mary's knight in shining armour against scandal and her 1st husband, who returns to war and is killed in action. If that is the case, I hope she will bear him a son and heir (he himself is the son and heir of a rich viscount or baron), because so many houses ended up tragically losing their heirs in WW1. By doing so, Mary, whom he loves, and whose name he will defend and protect, as only he can, will be able to do something for him in return. After that, I hope she and Matthew will marry. I can't bear the idea of him marrying that Miss. Swire, for all she doesn't seem a bad sort.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Please add me
Hate: Animal Cruelty
Old 10-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Supreme Fan

I've added everyone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevereღ (View Post)
Has anyone submitted Downton Abbey for next months polls?
Not yet, feel free to do so!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornsQueen (View Post)
I dont know if there are any other shippers, but here we go! Ale, ive added you

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/valet-ho.../#post58882836
thank you thank you thank you
Old 10-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the welcome

And great I'll go submit the show for next months polls
Old 10-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Passionate Fan

I hope we get a board would live on it I swear
Old 10-09-2011, 11:45 AM
New Fan

Another big fan of DA here... please add me
Old 10-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Supreme Fan

Welcome!

I've (with some help from Iris) been meaning to spruce up the opening post and that's coming up soon, I hope, heh.

Quote:
And great I'll go submit the show for next months polls
Thanks.

New episode tonight!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albina2 (View Post)
I watch DA for M/M, you know. No other plot even begins to compare with them. I think though that the Hon. Evelyn Napier may prove to be Mary's knight in shining armour against scandal and her 1st husband, who returns to war and is killed in action. If that is the case, I hope she will bear him a son and heir (he himself is the son and heir of a rich viscount or baron), because so many houses ended up tragically losing their heirs in WW1. By doing so, Mary, whom he loves, and whose name he will defend and protect, as only he can, will be able to do something for him in return. After that, I hope she and Matthew will marry. I can't bear the idea of him marrying that Miss. Swire, for all she doesn't seem a bad sort.
I love all of Downton Abbey, but Mary/Matthew are THE reason why I obsess about it so. They are the only fictional couple I've ever really bothered about. They are just so epic and I love how much focus they've been given this series. They were sort of the main couple last series, but this series it's ALL about Mary/Matthew couple wise nearly.

I'm not sure what I'll do if Mary/Matthew don't get together this series! I don't want either to marry anyone else - I have Evelyn set for Edith!
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Silver's/Laura's fanfic and LJ.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Add me!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread