Old 06-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I vote.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Yay, thanks for the vote!

BTW, Bale fans, Laurel Canyon is worth watching, IMO. Christian is very good in it, as he is in all of his flicks.

I really hope he gets a board - he's one of the best actors of our generation (my favorite actor), so talented and good-looking to boot!
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Just watched Velvet Goldmine.

Vote!
Old 06-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike it up
Just watched Velvet Goldmine.
You're so lucky! I've been wanting to watch that forever! I did finally get to see Equilibrium, though.

Sasha
Old 06-28-2004, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

vote!!

Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been everything else and it will have just as much meaning.
Sindaanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Supreme Fan

You got my vote.
LUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think I've voted yet but if I have, please ignore this post.

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Extreme Fan

OMG!!!! Five votes in, like, two days!! I like that, even though the votes are coming in slowly, they are coming in surely too. I think that's one of the reasons that Christian should get a board...he's already made several movies in Hollywood and he doesn't show any sign of stopping...heck, I believe he's signed on for more than one Batman film, making him the new star of the franchise. So he'll always be making something that will get people talking (and will get him new fans to boot).

Anyway, thank you S.A.S.H.A., Spike it up, Sindaanca, LUSH and Lazy for your votes!!

More good news -- I just checked and a previous under-50-posts voter, cowgirl27 is at 51 posts now -- that brings us up to a whopping 32 votes!!!

Also: S.A.S.H.A. -- you simply must get your hands on a copy of Velvet Goldmine...it's really great (though I had to watch it a second time to fully appreciate it). One of my top favorite Christian movies.

Shannon: What a coincidence...I was at a wedding this past weekend and my cousins and I were talking about Christian (most of them are big fans -- we've all seen Newsies and Equilibrium together), and one of my older guy cousins said, "Hey, he's the guy in Laurel Canyon -- I just bought that on DVD the other day, it's a great movie!!" He told me I ought to see it, so I'm going to try to rent it hopefully this weekend.

Now who wants to be voter number 33...?
-[-*colormist*-]-

P.S. My freaking DomainDLX account is down which means the pictures of Christian aren't showing on the first page of the thread. I'm so pissed.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by ColorMist
Also: S.A.S.H.A. -- you simply must get your hands on a copy of Velvet Goldmine...it's really great (though I had to watch it a second time to fully appreciate it). One of my top favorite Christian movies.
I'm going to buy the DVD next time I go to Best Buy. Ewan and Christian in ONE movie?

Quote:
P.S. My freaking DomainDLX account is down which means the pictures of Christian aren't showing on the first page of the thread. I'm so pissed.
Ugh, I switched over to Photobucket, because hotlinking wasn't working on my DomainDLX account anymore.

Sasha
Old 06-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Sasha: Thank you for the tip -- I created a Photobucket account and put the Christian banner over there...perfecto!

Let us know what you think of Velvet Goldmine!
-[-*colormist*-]-
Old 06-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome! And I certainly will let you know when I see VG.

Sasha
Old 06-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
You're so lucky! I've been wanting to watch that forever! I did finally get to see Equilibrium, though.
Oh! I love Equilibrium! And that last scene with guns? Wow!! That was cool!

Quote:
I'm going to buy the DVD next time I go to Best Buy. Ewan and Christian in ONE movie?
And don't forget Jonathan!

Voters, here kitty, kitty...
Old 06-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I might go see VG on the big screen in L.A.

Velvet Goldmine
Sat, Jul 10, 6:45 pm DGA 2 $10.00

Todd Haynes, recipient of the 2004 Outfest Achievement Award, demonstrated extraordinary range with this lush, highly-charged follow-up to 1995’s SAFE. Newspaper reporter Arthur Stuart (Christian Bale) is investigating the rise and fall of 1970s David Bowie-like glam rock superstar Brian Slade (Jonathan Rhys-Meyers). On the way to unlocking Slade’s secrets, he connects with Slade’s former wife Mandy (Toni Collette) and his former collaborator and lover, the volatile, seductive American rocker Curt Wild (Ewan McGregor), modeled on Iggy Pop. Featuring incendiary, uninhibited performances from its gorgeous young cast, VELVET GOLDMINE floods the screen with cinematic imagination, rock nostalgia and queer attitude. In the words of Todd Haynes, “It takes to heart the spirit of glam rock, which is not about telling the truth, but dressing it up.” .IN PERSON: Todd Haynes

IN COLLABORATION WITH: UCLA FILM AND TELEVISION ARCHIVE

You can buy tickets at:
www.outfest.org/fest2004

Sasha
Old 07-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
I might go see VG on the big screen in L.A.
I'm jealous! I'm from Croatia. There is no chance to go see it. And when it was playing in the theatres, it was only for a week. Too controversial for this parts.

You should go see it! It's better on big screen!
Old 07-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, that sucks for you.

Sasha
Reply   Post New Thread