Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah the fact that we’re PG13 helps a lot
The negativity in the majority of fandoms in social media is just too bitter... I get not liking everything, I usually have something or someone I dislike a lot in pretty much all shows I watch, but to just talk about it over and over and over is just tiring
Old 04-02-2020, 08:37 PM
Moderator Manager

So true. Constantly talking about how you dislike a character is too much negativity for me and is definitely tiring.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:39 AM
MST Manager

That's why I don't read posts on the anti character threads.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For me, it's just a waste of time. I can be negative, snarky, and mean on my own. I don't need social media to encourage me. Also, I just don't have time to waste on stuff I don't like. My queues are filled with series and films I want to watch. If there's a show or character that's really ruining my peace of mind, I just take a break from it. I'm very bad at time management. So dropping stuff I don't like is very easy for me.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm not into anti-threads because it just feels like a place to be negative all the time. I'm more into discussing episodes to state very clearly why I didn't like a character or something like that.

Pia I'm the same I don't need other's negativity to "help" me with my bitterness But I do have a harder time dropping things... unless the whole thing annoys me too much. What I usually do is take a break from the show and get back to watch it again once the show ends/is cancelled
Old 04-03-2020, 08:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Same. I also just ignore which I'm pretty good at doing. Moderating HP really taught me to have a tough skin. There were so many issues back then when the books & movies were out. And too much negativity makes me annoyed & cranky so I avoid them as much as possible. I hate drama and have no time for it.

I've been binge-watching a docu on Netflix to take my mind off politics and this crisis and so far it's working.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I'm not into anti-threads because it just feels like a place to be negative all the time. I'm more into discussing episodes to state very clearly why I didn't like a character or something like that.

Pia I'm the same I don't need other's negativity to "help" me with my bitterness But I do have a harder time dropping things... unless the whole thing annoys me too much. What I usually do is take a break from the show and get back to watch it again once the show ends/is cancelled
I didn't mind anti threads back in the day. Sometimes overwhelming love for something you're not into can be just as annoying as hate. I don't need them much now, but way way back there was a show I loved but I really disliked the main couple who were very popular. And for different show, I loved all the characters except the lead.

And I do the same thing, Si. I take breaks from shows. If I really liked it at one time, I'll go back. Especially if there's not too much of it left.

Lindsay, you're smart to binge watch. I broke my "don't read the comments" rule at a couple of politics/news sites. That was a huge mistake.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Ignoring is the best tact, Lindsay
The older I get, less patience I have and too much negativity or pointless arguments are just too annoying... I like to use my time on to do fun stuffs

Pia,to me I can say that sometimes too much love for a character or a ship can make me dislike them... That's why I like episode discussion threads, as we can post both good and bad opinions about things that happened.
When a show I put on hold ends, I usually get curious to see how it ended, and then I try to binge watch it... For me, it's the waiting days for a new episode that gets me bored most of the time, because I'm already annoyed with a character and then I have to wait to see what will happen and I end up losing interest, when I binge I usually just call the character stupid, but move to see what will happen next and then the show is over
Old 04-04-2020, 10:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Pia, yikes. That will just stress you out or irk you. I have to admit during the early days of lockdown, I was so anxious but the best thing for me is to really get off social media and don't watch the news. I'm distracting myself with TV shows and movies and also posting here on FF helps as long as we don't really delve deep into anything that's going on right now.

Si, same. LOL! HAHAHAHA! I hate watching a show where I don't like a character and have to wait an entire week for a new ep. In a way when we binge, it's easy to hate on that character because it'll be over soon vs. having to wait for new eps and the hatred builds.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:06 PM
MST Manager

If I do a rewatch I sometimes fast forward scenes that annoy me.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I don watch the news every now and again, but I try not to do it all the time because it's way too depressing and scary. I prefer to keep myself distracted, and binge watching stuffs is the way to go for me

Lindsay it's exactly like that one week simmering the stupidity of a character just makes the hate increase even if in the next episode the character does something awesome, there's that bitter taste. And when we see right away we can just move on quickly, therefore no time to really hate

Julie, I don't usually fast forward, but in parts when I know I don't like or I find boring I usually do something else while I leave the scene playing, like posting on or play a game on the cellphone

Week 127 (03/29 - 04/05): 41,414 - 41,921 (507)

Awesome counts! Again over 500
Thanks, everybody
Old 04-05-2020, 09:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh yay, we breached the 500 mark! It pays to stay at home.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)

Julie, I don't usually fast forward, but in parts when I know I don't like or I find boring I usually do something else while I leave the scene playing, like posting on or play a game on the cellphone

Week 127 (03/29 - 04/05): 41,414 - 41,921 (507)

Awesome counts! Again over 500
Thanks, everybody
Si, I do the same thing. I can't bring myself to fast forward, so I do something else.

Great counts!
Old 04-06-2020, 06:41 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Yeah And it has happened that sometimes in my second watch I actually start to like a bit more of the scene or character in it

We're doing amazingly
Soon we'll have to start preparating for our 50k celebration
Old 04-06-2020, 09:05 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG you're right! I can't believe we're already nearing 50K!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread