Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2019, 08:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Game Of Thrones 8x03 Episode Discussion "The Long Night" (28th April 2019)

Some reminders
- No spoilers for future episodes or discussions based on spoilers,
we have a Spoiler Board for a reason.
- Please respect each other's opinion and view.
- No bashing on actors or crew members.

SPOILER POLICY

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 04-28-2019 at 09:06 PM
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:09 AM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT! I'm so scared!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:53 PM
Moderator Manager

I just watched... but my thoughts are all over the place and I need to put them in order to write my comment.... will do that tomorrow. I have to say that I do have critics
Old 04-28-2019, 10:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Same here. I loved the ep overall and I think I spent 40 minutes just crying. But OMG, that was the most tense I've been watching an ep since Battle of the Bastards.

I do find it kind of lame that we still have Cersei/Euron/The Golden Company to deal with now. The NK and WWs were the boss villains in this show and no one can top them, imo.

Also this:

Jon: But Bran!
Dany: No!
{Jon leaves her}

OMG. I did expect that from Jon but also I didn't expect it?

Old 04-29-2019, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was shaking the whole time, good God but what an ending!!! I was so worried about everyone but especially Arya, and then she did THAT she's the savior of everyone!!

you're right, Cersei's army compared to the undead?? how are they gonna keep the hype up? no offense, but nothing can stand in their way after this

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:36 AM
Moderator Manager

OMG I sweaaar. I was so tense the ENTIRE episode. I think they purposely made it dark so we don't know who was gonna die. Damn HBO.

Right? I dunno. I kind of feel anti-climactic about this whole Cersei thing now. If they're able to defeat the NK and WWs, surely everyone on KL can be defeated now.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

Also this:

Jon: But Bran!
Dany: No!
{Jon leaves her}

OMG. I did expect that from Jon but also I didn't expect it?
Dany said "Go"", not "No". it was the only logic thing to do. i totally expected that from Jon.

those two were such a great team! fighting together on the dragons, she saving his ass and i am sure they make up next episode. it's so clear they love each other and losing one another this episode would have been devastating for both. Dany could have let him die but she didn't, she saved him. so it's clear she won't fight him over the throne.
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Ah thanks, thought she said no. Because either way, I wasn't gonna let Jon off the hook for that since Dany saved his ass but (as usual) Jon was prepared to die.

Also everyone needs to know the true heir now that the NK and WWs are defeated. The next business is the Iron Throne and for Cersei to die. We're already halfway through the season.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

in the promo it really seems like the people of WF have finally accepted Dany which is the only way they can win of course.

I really don't know what Cersei could think o the dragons weren't much at home in the winter weather but they still made it, there's hardly anything that could stop them in a sunshiny place like KL

Old 04-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Moderator Manager

So, I have mixed feelings about this episode.

The battle was huge and epic as promised and I never doubted it since HBO has the means to do that, but storywise I personally think it wasn't that great not that it was bad, but GOT has had stronger writing.

The way too dark scenes took away the magnitude of the battle in itself, I had to be squinting my eyes from time to time to even recognize whose lives were in dangerous. I get it that it was night, and it's winter and had that whole mist/snow going on, but let's be honest, I like a good battle as much as everybody but if I'm not emotionally connected with the characters the amount of dead won't really hit me was hard as cheering for one single fighter. That was frustrating for me and got me annoyed for the majority of the episode (which is a shame because the tension was killing me and that's always a good thing for any movie/tv show)
And since I've mentioned that, I was hoping to see those with a Valyrian steel (Brienne, Jon, Jaime, Jorah) to at least have a good fighting match with one of the white walkers instead of just being in the front line and fighting the undead in that mess. What was the point of those White Walkers anyway? Just glorified entourage for the Night King? They weren't even part of the fight (not even to see Arya sneaking up - running I might add - on the NK)

I'm sorry that the Dothraki got killed in that first attack and it made sense, it was a great a scene when Melissandre made all their blades fire up, and a beautiful shot when we saw from the distance all those fire extinguishing.
Now someone tell me why was Ghost in that attack?!?! He didn't know them, he would be more useful inside the walls defending the courtyard.... He better be alive or I'll be pissed off that they brought him back to kill him offscreen.
I have no idea how Grey Worm went from front of the line on the Unsullied army to in a few scenes later being behind everybody to get those trenches lighted up. Oh and speaking of that, great idea from him I'm imagining to get Melissandre to do that.
I found that Melissandre's arc was nice I didn't like her, but she was very important and had a good ending, but I'm glad she's dead.

I found Dany and Jon kind of useless in this episode... yeah the scene where they burn the undead when the fight just started was great, but then they just stayed very high just flying, once the trenches were lighted up why was she burning off those undead way back there, instead of securing the space close to Winterfell?
And two dragons weren't enough to kill Viseryion.. IDK I felt like the dragons were going to be more important.
Another thing that bothered me, Viseryon's fire/ice took down the Wall and in Winterfell exploded a part of the tower, but when Jon was behind those wall they never cracked.
Jon was a bit useless in this episode IMO...

Jorah fighting to protect Dany till the end was so perfect Since he and Dany wouldn't become a couple, Tyrion is already her Hand, it felt right that he showed that he was her loyalest friend. I felt so sad to watch him die And Emilia did an amazing job showing her sorrow, it was heartbreaking.
And it was exciting to see Dany picking up a sword to try to fight (even though she wasn't very good with it, maybe it's time for the to get some sword fighting lessons, maybe with Arya )

Lyanna Mormont was AMAZING! If she had to die then at least she took out the giant!
That's the end of House Mormont though

Theon was a character that as far as development goes, it was perfectly done! He really made amends for the wrong he caused the Starks, and he died like a true hero! I'm sad that he died, because I really liked his dynamic with Sansa and was hoping they would have another chance to talk again. Bran thanking him was exactly what he needed to know he did good in the end.

I LOVE that Sansa and Tyrion had those scenes in the crypt! i really wanted them to talk and for her to let him know she was thankful for him being kind to her back in KL.
I knew that hiding in the crypt wasn't going to be a good idea... who goes to a cemetery when the enemy can raise the dead?!?!? And then after all that craziness down there, the only casualties were extras? no one that we knew died?! The same basically can be said about the whole episode, I was expecting more big names to be killed off.

Sam should've stayed in the crypts... he caused Edd's death, he had to be saved a few times by Jorah and then was just basically scared and behind Grey Worm.

Where the hell did Bran go when he warged? Because he was warging the whole time, and did nothing.. what was he doing?!

I LOVE that Sandor Clegane was terrified once the fire started, but seeing Arya in danger sprung him in action. I really like that him and Arya became friends, we saw that when she saved using the bow/arrow when they were retreating.
Got sad that Beric died, but he mentioned once that he had a lot of respect for Ned and since he spent a little time with younger Arya I liked that he went there to help her out.

Now Arya! MVP of the episode. Her scenes fighting with that weapon that Gendry made to her was impressive! I LOVE Davos face when he saw her fighting I felt it was real to show that even though she is tough, she was terrified when she was in that library and running through the halls, nice touch to show that she is human. So nice to see the references like the "stick'em with the pointy end", "not today" and "brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes" lines
I was surprised that she was the one to kill off the Night King, even though i found that it was rather too easy, I love that if one had to do it, it was her.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
in the promo it really seems like the people of WF have finally accepted Dany which is the only way they can win of course.

I really don't know what Cersei could think o the dragons weren't much at home in the winter weather but they still made it, there's hardly anything that could stop them in a sunshiny place like KL
They would because the Northerners way is to see someone fight with them.

Cersei has those arrow spears that can kill the dragons. Dothraki army are zilch and maybe there's only a few Unsullied now. So I guess everyone's even with their armies now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
The way too dark scenes took away the magnitude of the battle in itself, I had to be squinting my eyes from time to time to even recognize whose lives were in dangerous. I get it that it was night, and it's winter and had that whole mist/snow going on, but let's be honest, I like a good battle as much as everybody but if I'm not emotionally connected with the characters the amount of dead won't really hit me was hard as cheering for one single fighter. That was frustrating for me and got me annoyed for the majority of the episode (which is a shame because the tension was killing me and that's always a good thing for any movie/tv show)
The only thing that bothered me about the darkness was that it was so hard to see who's dead and maybe they did that on purpose. Otherwise I think the reason they did the battle at night is because of the fire that Melisandre was gonna do along with the dragon fire which all looks good at night. Overall it didn't bother me as much but it did add to the tension as I was so confused if all the Dothraki was already dead or if I was seeing something else.

Quote:
And since I've mentioned that, I was hoping to see those with a Valyrian steel (Brienne, Jon, Jaime, Jorah) to at least have a good fighting match with one of the white walkers instead of just being in the front line and fighting the undead in that mess. What was the point of those White Walkers anyway? Just glorified entourage for the Night King? They weren't even part of the fight (not even to see Arya sneaking up - running I might add - on the NK)
UGH this. We had so many dragonglass being made in WF. What happened to those?

Quote:
Now someone tell me why was Ghost in that attack?!?! He didn't know them, he would be more useful inside the walls defending the courtyard.... He better be alive or I'll be pissed off that they brought him back to kill him offscreen.
I'm chalking this up to Ghost being like his owner. But also just see my reply on the Jon/Sam thread about this.
Spoiler:

Quote:
I have no idea how Grey Worm went from front of the line on the Unsullied army to in a few scenes later being behind everybody to get those trenches lighted up. Oh and speaking of that, great idea from him I'm imagining to get Melissandre to do that.
I found that Melissandre's arc was nice I didn't like her, but she was very important and had a good ending, but I'm glad she's dead.
I'm surprised to see Greyworm still alive. I'm actually surprised A LOT of them are still alive. Also where did Melisandre come from? I can't remember where she went off to last time she was in WF? I remember Jon banished her so did she foresee this battle and came to help?

Quote:
I found Dany and Jon kind of useless in this episode... yeah the scene where they burn the undead when the fight just started was great, but then they just stayed very high just flying, once the trenches were lighted up why was she burning off those undead way back there, instead of securing the space close to Winterfell?
From what I understood they were looking for the NK with Viserion and trying to distract him getting to WF and towards Bran, which didn't work because the NK was able to get close eventually. I think they didn't want to secure the place close to WF because most of their people are there and Viserion can easily light everyone up.

Quote:
And two dragons weren't enough to kill Viseryion.. IDK I felt like the dragons were going to be more important.
Another thing that bothered me, Viseryon's fire/ice took down the Wall and in Winterfell exploded a part of the tower, but when Jon was behind those wall they never cracked.
Jon was a bit useless in this episode IMO...
Now that I think about it, they didn't kill Viserion to show that he dies when the NK dies instead of one of the dragons killing him instead. Yeah I really wanted Jon to kill the NK. I understand that the NK was more aware of the others wanting to take him down and wasn't expecting Arya plus a Stark still killed the NK so hell yes but Jon's journey to THAT point has been so long I feel like I was cheated on.

Quote:
Jorah fighting to protect Dany till the end was so perfect Since he and Dany wouldn't become a couple, Tyrion is already her Hand, it felt right that he showed that he was her loyalest friend. I felt so sad to watch him die And Emilia did an amazing job showing her sorrow, it was heartbreaking.
And it was exciting to see Dany picking up a sword to try to fight (even though she wasn't very good with it, maybe it's time for the to get some sword fighting lessons, maybe with Arya )
I love that scene so much. Jorah's death was perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way. I agree about Emilia's acting in that part. Jorah was there for her from the start and until the very end so it was upsetting to see how his journey ended on the show.

Quote:
Lyanna Mormont was AMAZING! If she had to die then at least she took out the giant!
That's the end of House Mormont though
I agree. Another great sendoff for another great character.

Quote:
Theon was a character that as far as development goes, it was perfectly done! He really made amends for the wrong he caused the Starks, and he died like a true hero! I'm sad that he died, because I really liked his dynamic with Sansa and was hoping they would have another chance to talk again. Bran thanking him was exactly what he needed to know he did good in the end.
Bran's speech to him was what ended me tbh. He knew what was gonna happen and Theon protected his 'family' until the end. Even though Theon knew he didn't stand a chance against the NK, he still went ahead to kill him. Such a great redemption arc. I'm so sad we won't get to see a reunion with Yara but they already said goodbye in ep 1 so I'm good with it. Theon died a hero.

Quote:
I LOVE that Sansa and Tyrion had those scenes in the crypt! i really wanted them to talk and for her to let him know she was thankful for him being kind to her back in KL.
I knew that hiding in the crypt wasn't going to be a good idea... who goes to a cemetery when the enemy can raise the dead?!?!? And then after all that craziness down there, the only casualties were extras? no one that we knew died?! The same basically can be said about the whole episode, I was expecting more big names to be killed off.
This. I was expecting Greyworm, Pod, Tormund, Gendry, Brienne, Sam, Edd, Jorah to all die (even Ghost). Jaime not really because I think he has some unfinished business with Cersei. The Hound was gonna live cause we might get Clegane bowl. I also love that Sansa/Tyrion scene where he kissed her hand.

Quote:
Sam should've stayed in the crypts... he caused Edd's death, he had to be saved a few times by Jorah and then was just basically scared and behind Grey Worm.
I agree. We all love Sam and we will still love him if he stayed in the crypt.

Quote:
Where the hell did Bran go when he warged? Because he was warging the whole time, and did nothing.. what was he doing?!
Right? If he actually warged to help Dany/Jon and let them know where the NK is except that didn't happen. I don't get that part at all.

Quote:
I LOVE that Sandor Clegane was terrified once the fire started, but seeing Arya in danger sprung him in action. I really like that him and Arya became friends, we saw that when she saved using the bow/arrow when they were retreating.
Got sad that Beric died, but he mentioned once that he had a lot of respect for Ned and since he spent a little time with younger Arya I liked that he went there to help her out.
I like that a lot of them were really scared in this ep: The Hound, Gendry and heck even Greyworm. They're dealing with the bloody WWs, they should be scared. Although The Hound is scared of fires right? And yes, Beric dying to protect Arya is another great sendoff and has come full circle.

Quote:
Now Arya! MVP of the episode. Her scenes fighting with that weapon that Gendry made to her was impressive! I LOVE Davos face when he saw her fighting I felt it was real to show that even though she is tough, she was terrified when she was in that library and running through the halls, nice touch to show that she is human. So nice to see the references like the "stick'em with the pointy end", "not today" and "brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes" lines
I was surprised that she was the one to kill off the Night King, even though i found that it was rather too easy, I love that if one had to do it, it was her.
Arya was very specific about the dagger too and Gendry built that weapon to perfection! Can we have a Baratheon-Stark wedding next? The library scene was one of my favorites because I was so tense. How ironic is it that blood dropping is what got them to find out Arya is in there and not because Arya was making noise running around. I actually missed Melisandre saying "blue eyes" in my 1st watch which I'm glad because I'd be thinking she'd kill the NK all throughout after that. Arya killing the NK was probably the highlight of that ep for me, I love that it was in slo-mo and that a Stark saved WF. A bloody Stark saved WF and killed the NK. YESSSSSSSSSSS.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

they just have to distract Cersei so Arya can sneak up on her and kill her no huge army is needed

Old 04-30-2019, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

good point
Old 05-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
UGH this. We had so many dragonglass being made in WF. What happened to those?
All the weapons everyone was using was made of dragonglass, including those trap thingys in the courtyard. That's why once they hit the wights they died instead of just keep coming. But for the WW only Valyrian steal worked and those were a waste in the episode

Quote:
I'm chalking this up to Ghost being like his owner. But also just see my reply on the Jon/Sam thread about this.
Spoiler:
I'll check it out... I have 2 busy days so I couldn't make a proper round on FF yet
I really think they didn't account for the NK to raise the dead in the crypt even though they were always saying that he could raise the dead :face_palm: Not smart on anyone's part, specially Tyrion and Sansa who were going to be right there and were supposed to be the smartest people over there.
All I know is that when I saw Ghost going in the first wave of attack I was just saying "no no no no" because that's death, and we already lost Summer like that, but at least Summer was defending Bran directly while there Ghost didn't even know any of those people.

Quote:
I'm surprised to see Greyworm still alive. I'm actually surprised A LOT of them are still alive. Also where did Melisandre come from? I can't remember where she went off to last time she was in WF? I remember Jon banished her so did she foresee this battle and came to help?[
I am surprised and a bit disappointed, but not that I wanted them to die, but it just feels like the writers/producers are afraid to make any controversial kills. I think when she left Dragonstone she said she was going back to her land Volantis but she would be back because she needed to die in Westeros. I think the whole episode showed that she did foresee some of the stuffs and that's why she was there, because it was her destiny or what the Lord of Light wanted from her... she did serve as a road map

Quote:
From what I understood they were looking for the NK with Viserion and trying to distract him getting to WF and towards Bran, which didn't work because the NK was able to get close eventually. I think they didn't want to secure the place close to WF because most of their people are there and Viserion can easily light everyone up.
They weren't supposed to leave that place until the NK arrived with Viserion, but once Dany saw her Dothraki being massacred she left and Jon went along to help in the field (which was handy, but at the same time way to go to not follow their own plan. But what I meant is once they light up the trenches there were only wights surrounded it, all the soldiers and humans were inside the trenches, so why weren't Drogon killing/burning up the wights surrounding Winterfell? that way it would be harder for them to pass the fire and all.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, they didn't kill Viserion to show that he dies when the NK dies instead of one of the dragons killing him instead. Yeah I really wanted Jon to kill the NK. I understand that the NK was more aware of the others wanting to take him down and wasn't expecting Arya plus a Stark still killed the NK so hell yes but Jon's journey to THAT point has been so long I feel like I was cheated on.
Yeah it was more interesting to have Viserion die when the NK was destroyed But while Viserion was attacking Jon, where was Rhaegal? Because I imagine Drogon was getting rid of the wights that had climbed on him, but Rhaegal just disappeared.
Arya killing the NK was a nice surprise for me (she is my favorite and I love that she got to show how powerful she is), but it sort of made Jon's role a bit too diminished... he spent all these years being basically the only one in Westeros worried about the dead and the NK, and in the end he didn't do much. So I'm feeling cheated on too

Quote:
I love that scene so much. Jorah's death was perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way. I agree about Emilia's acting in that part. Jorah was there for her from the start and until the very end so it was upsetting to see how his journey ended on the show.
Sad to see him go, but at the same time, what a great send character conclusion. I like the GOT that is not afraid to cause us pain because then things mean more, when all our favorites are safe and sound, it is a bit boring or maybe that's not the word, it's just not as surprising as this used to be.

Quote:
I agree. Another great sendoff for another great character.
I'm only sad that now House Mormont is truly gone

[QUOTE=L i N d $ @ y;97289945]Bran's speech to him was what ended me tbh. He knew what was gonna happen and Theon protected his 'family' until the end. Even though Theon knew he didn't stand a chance against the NK, he still went ahead to kill him. Such a great redemption arc. I'm so sad we won't get to see a reunion with Yara but they already said goodbye in ep 1 so I'm good with it. Theon died a hero. [/quote
Theon was a true hero Can I just say that with all those valyrian steal there, and knowing for sure that Theon was protecting the one person that the NK wanting, someone should've lend him their sword?! It was pointless to have Theon there to protect Bran with a weapon that couldn't kill a WW nor the NK.

Quote:
This. I was expecting Greyworm, Pod, Tormund, Gendry, Brienne, Sam, Edd, Jorah to all die (even Ghost). Jaime not really because I think he has some unfinished business with Cersei. The Hound was gonna live cause we might get Clegane bowl. I also love that Sansa/Tyrion scene where he kissed her hand.

I agree. We all love Sam and we will still love him if he stayed in the crypt.
I can understand Jaime, Sam and Gendry surviving (even though I was prepared for them all to die), but in the situation they were in, I was sure more of the known names would die, there were more than one situations where they were completely ran over by the wights... and taking into account that Sam and Davos both don't really know how to fight, and that people with tremendous skills like Grey Worm, Arya, Brienne, Jaime and Tormund were having a hard time holding their own and needed help a few times, I really have no idea how they survived!
And I can see Tyrion/Sansa being a power duo, maybe not a couple, but I can see them both working together for the greater good.

Quote:
I like that a lot of them were really scared in this ep: The Hound, Gendry and heck even Greyworm. They're dealing with the bloody WWs, they should be scared. Although The Hound is scared of fires right? And yes, Beric dying to protect Arya is another great sendoff and has come full circle.
I like that they all showed fear, because it would be awful if they behaved like it was all normal for them. I think The Hound got scared of the fire indeed because he had already fought the dead before, so the shock shouldn't be that hard for him.
I really like how Arya has made a lot of connections over the seasons

Quote:
Arya was very specific about the dagger too and Gendry built that weapon to perfection! Can we have a Baratheon-Stark wedding next? The library scene was one of my favorites because I was so tense. How ironic is it that blood dropping is what got them to find out Arya is in there and not because Arya was making noise running around. I actually missed Melisandre saying "blue eyes" in my 1st watch which I'm glad because I'd be thinking she'd kill the NK all throughout after that. Arya killing the NK was probably the highlight of that ep for me, I love that it was in slo-mo and that a Stark saved WF. A bloody Stark saved WF and killed the NK. YESSSSSSSSSSS.
That weapon was amazing!! And the fight scenes were awesome! I think those were my favorite part of the episode
I think they made Arya sneak up on Jon in their reunion to show how stealthy she has become. I got that part and when she ran I was like "she's going to save Bran" but then she disappeared and Bran got surrounded and I was "now she can't get to him", and up until now I have no idea how she just ran past all those dead (considering Viserion was blocking the entrance of the Godswood)
I am happy that a Stark killed him And even happier that Arya was total BAMF in the episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
they just have to distract Cersei so Arya can sneak up on her and kill her no huge army is needed
Right? That would solve all the problems
Old 05-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
All the weapons everyone was using was made of dragonglass, including those trap thingys in the courtyard. That's why once they hit the wights they died instead of just keep coming. But for the WW only Valyrian steal worked and those were a waste in the episode
Oh yes definitely but also there weren't a lot of Valyrian steel right?

Quote:
I really think they didn't account for the NK to raise the dead in the crypt even though they were always saying that he could raise the dead :face_palm: Not smart on anyone's part, specially Tyrion and Sansa who were going to be right there and were supposed to be the smartest people over there.
All I know is that when I saw Ghost going in the first wave of attack I was just saying "no no no no" because that's death, and we already lost Summer like that, but at least Summer was defending Bran directly while there Ghost didn't even know any of those people.
Yeah I think it's common knowledge that once the NK raised the dead, all those in the crypt would be affected too. Tyrion has seen a wight up close in KL and was explained this but perhaps since he & Sansa has not really experienced the wrath, they really have no idea at all? And also where are they going to hide in WF but the crypt? It's definitely not smart of them to be there and both of them should have known that from the start and prepared themselves there rather than just sit around hope for the battle to be over.

Quote:
I think when she left Dragonstone she said she was going back to her land Volantis but she would be back because she needed to die in Westeros. I think the whole episode showed that she did foresee some of the stuffs and that's why she was there, because it was her destiny or what the Lord of Light wanted from her... she did serve as a road map
LOL road map. Not that I'm complaining of course. Melisandre has pulled through when WF needed her the most. In the grand scheme of things, she has served her purpose and I'm okay with her death.

Quote:
They weren't supposed to leave that place until the NK arrived with Viserion, but once Dany saw her Dothraki being massacred she left and Jon went along to help in the field (which was handy, but at the same time way to go to not follow their own plan. But what I meant is once they light up the trenches there were only wights surrounded it, all the soldiers and humans were inside the trenches, so why weren't Drogon killing/burning up the wights surrounding Winterfell? that way it would be harder for them to pass the fire and all.
Perhaps it was because they didn't know the whereabouts of the NK/Viserion and didn't want to be blindsided? Once the NK/Viserion knows where they are, all it takes is the spear and both dragons would be dead.

Quote:
Yeah it was more interesting to have Viserion die when the NK was destroyed But while Viserion was attacking Jon, where was Rhaegal? Because I imagine Drogon was getting rid of the wights that had climbed on him, but Rhaegal just disappeared.
Arya killing the NK was a nice surprise for me (she is my favorite and I love that she got to show how powerful she is), but it sort of made Jon's role a bit too diminished... he spent all these years being basically the only one in Westeros worried about the dead and the NK, and in the end he didn't do much. So I'm feeling cheated on too
Yeah I realized that too later on, that Rhaegal disappeared. I have to admit, I was more worried for Ghost and thought he was dead because there was no way a direwolf would survive the wrath of wights. And yes, I totally agree with you about Jon. A lot of people are arguing that Jon killing the NK was too expected but for me, it makes the most sense because it's what he's set out to do so very early on. Why did he join the Night's Watch anyway? All his life, he's wanted to help and kill them because he's a bastard and therefore just wants to make himself useful. And finally he's here and then it doesn't happen? So yeah, it's disappointing. I came to realize all of this after my nerves have died down.

Quote:
Sad to see him go, but at the same time, what a great send character conclusion. I like the GOT that is not afraid to cause us pain because then things mean more, when all our favorites are safe and sound, it is a bit boring or maybe that's not the word, it's just not as surprising as this used to be.
LOL remember back in S1 when we would all go crazy because our favorites are dying? Now that we're in the end, we're like "But no one died?" What did this show do to us?

Quote:
Theon was a true hero Can I just say that with all those valyrian steal there, and knowing for sure that Theon was protecting the one person that the NK wanting, someone should've lend him their sword?! It was pointless to have Theon there to protect Bran with a weapon that couldn't kill a WW nor the NK.
I thought the weapon Theon was holding was Valyrian but since he's more of an arrow wielding person, he stands no chance of defeating the NK with a spear? The NK just brushed his spear aside and stabbed him. He didn't even had a fighting chance.

Quote:
I can understand Jaime, Sam and Gendry surviving (even though I was prepared for them all to die), but in the situation they were in, I was sure more of the known names would die, there were more than one situations where they were completely ran over by the wights... and taking into account that Sam and Davos both don't really know how to fight, and that people with tremendous skills like Grey Worm, Arya, Brienne, Jaime and Tormund were having a hard time holding their own and needed help a few times, I really have no idea how they survived!
And I can see Tyrion/Sansa being a power duo, maybe not a couple, but I can see them both working together for the greater good.
Definitely. Especially Sam. How the hell did he still survive but the likes of Edd & Jorah didn't (and they both can fight)? It doesn't make sense. And yes, I love the idea of Sansa/Tyrion being the power couple in a sense that they work together and somehow rule. They're both smart (albeit sometimes misplaced) and they really did have a special bond together surviving Joffrey & Cersei's wrath.

Quote:
I think they made Arya sneak up on Jon in their reunion to show how stealthy she has become. I got that part and when she ran I was like "she's going to save Bran" but then she disappeared and Bran got surrounded and I was "now she can't get to him", and up until now I have no idea how she just ran past all those dead (considering Viserion was blocking the entrance of the Godswood)
I am happy that a Stark killed him And even happier that Arya was total BAMF in the episode
Actually after a 3rd watch (LOL), I feel disappointed that the NK and other WWs didn't really put up with a fight? I would have preferred a scene where we all think Jon would eventually kill the NK and they're battling it out until Arya cames out of nowhere and kills the NK. I think that would still give us tension and the element of surprise. But I know they had to make it dramatic because of Bran and it's not possible to have Bran on the battlefield. I just felt like the NK was defeated easily too after all the build-up. And that's why I find it lame to think of how they're gonna kill everyone on KL now. I do get that this is what the show is about, and that's why it's called GOT. But the NK & WWs were my favorite villains because it was so hard to kill them and only Valyrian & dragonglass can (very specific too).

Reply   Post New Thread