Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2020, 02:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Game Of Thrones 3x07 "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" Episode Discussion (12th May 2013)

The Bear and the Maiden Fair
(3x07 Episode Discussion)

Jon and the wildlings travel south of the Wall. Talisa tells Robb that she's pregnant. Arya runs away from the Brotherhood. Daenerys arrives at Yunkai. Jaime leaves Brienne behind at Harrenhal.

Note: Opening this now since the board wasn't around when this season aired.

Some reminders
- Please respect each other's opinion and view.
- No bashing on actors or crew members.

Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Sorry Si, I won't be able to do the re-watch tonight as I'm not feeling well and I need to rest. Can we postpone it to next weekend instead?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohh Lindsay, I just came to say that something came up and I won't be able to watch either. My grandmother is in the hospital, so I'm taking turns with my mom and aunt to stay with her.

Hope you get some rest and feel better
Old 03-05-2021, 09:03 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Take all the time that you need.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks Lindsay
Thankfully she is all better and back home. It was mostly a dehydration case, but we're keeping an eye because it could also be dengue fever.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm glad to know she is back home. Oh damn you have dengue there? Us too (because of our weather). Grandma also used to be dehydrated and her blood platelet was so low (and low BP) she needed to be confined. Since then mom has taken care of her (refuses to be in a nursing home otherwise there will hell to pay).

Old 03-10-2021, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh yeah, Here dengue is pretty common, exactly because of the weather. I have had it 3 times Not fun! We also have Zika and Chikungunya Stupid mosquitoes!!

Yeah, old folks tend to not hydrate as well. My grandparents can't even hear about nursing homes because they go nuts!
Old 03-10-2021, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

We all have those too.

They're really stubborn too. My grandma gets into a hissy fit in the hospital if she's made to wait, it's pretty embarrassing. It gets frustrating enough how slow major private hospitals here are and add to that the stress of having to confine an elderly.

Will we be doing a re-watch this weekend or you'll still be busy with your grandma? Just let me know as we're not in a rush anyway.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Ugh... all of those suck big time!!!
Have you ever got any of those? This year the patients are really suffering with the joint pain.

Ohh trust me, I know very well how embarasing elderly can be

I'm sorry Lindsay, I was all ready to watch tonight, but I just diagnosed my friend's father with Covid19 and he is not doing so well, so I'm mostly staying at the clinic for now and don't know when I'm going to be going home
Old 03-12-2021, 08:04 PM
Moderator Manager

My youngest brother had dengue when he was younger and he was confined for a week. We had a vaccine scare here for dengue last 2016 so generally the public is cautious with the Covid vaccines but these are different manufacturers so we're at least more willing this time around.

That's a bummer. I hope he recovers soon and I hope you won't stay too long at the clinic so you can get some rest.

Old 03-13-2021, 08:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohh that's understandable that people are a bit wary of new vaccines after something like that. But I think in this case, considering how things are at the moment with Covid, a lot of people will be more inclined to deal with it with an open mind.
I've had dengue fever like 3 times already It wasn't fun, but they were all mild case. I'm just glad that I never got Chikungunya because my patients that had it really have a hard time.

Things are better for my friend's father, his oxygen saturation has increased so that's a great thing

Do you mind if we leave our watch for next weekend? I'm a bit sleepy at the moment
Old 03-13-2021, 10:18 PM
Moderator Manager

That dengue vaccine had children dying here so the manufacturer is banned from distributing vaccines over here (look up Dengue 2016 Philippines). It might take a while for us to embrace another vaccine for dengue. With Covid we've seen a lot of HCWs already vaccinated here and so far there are really no serious side effects so the public is more open to it.

Btw, how is dengue different from Chikungunya? They're both from mosquito bites right?

That's good news to hear.

Yep no problem. I just assumed that we weren't going to have a re-watch tonight since we normally do 2/weekend.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:59 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG that's horrible!!! I'll look it up, I don't remember hearing about that back then (but then again my mind is not the best to keep up with news)

I got my Covid vaccine and luckily I didn't have any symptoms or side effects, I mentioned to a friend the other day that flu shots usually makes me feel a bit sick after, but this time I got nothing

Dengue and Chikungunya are basically the same disease, they are transmitted by the same mosquito bites, and treatment are the same, but symptoms of Chikungunya when it comes to pain (specially joint pain) are worst, the swelling is huge and pain meds don't really help... also even after the disease in itself has passed, most patients remain with the pain usually for months, sometimes years.

Yeah, I just thought I would mention yesterday because I was back home and all, but sleepiness got me

I forgot, I have class next weekend, so I won't be able to watch next weekend again
Old 03-14-2021, 11:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh wow thanks for that. I'm glad you got vaccinated already. My mom is already registered for a vaccine so it's a waiting game for her to get hers soon. My sister (and I as well) will get our vaccines through our employer but we still don't know when that will be. Because of the slow vaccine rollout here, I don't expect to be vaccinated until next year or 2023.

Holy crap so the Chikungunya symptoms are much worse? I do hope we get vaccines for all of those soon, it would help a lot of us who live in tropical climates.

No worries and have fun at your class next weekend.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm glad too, but still worried since my parents still aren't close to get it.
Hope your mom gets her soon and same to you and sister! Here the predictions of vaccination is also 2023 It's just unbelievable!!

Yep Chikungunya usually have worst pain. Right now I have around 5 patients that every 3 days need to come to the clinic to get IV medication for pain.
A vaccine for those disease would be awesome!! It sucks that it's not researched too much :poug:

Thanks... I'm not exactly excited about class, but it's important and I can't skip it
Reply   Post New Thread