Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2020, 08:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Yup, haven't seen the sequels for those movies. Except for F&F which is really weird. I've also seen all of the Tory Story movies as well as all the Matrix movies. Not counting the Marvel & DC movies of course as I think you need to watch them all.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-19-2020, 07:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Well, from the ones you mentioned I think I only didn't watch all the Matrix movies, even being a huge Keanu fan, I didn't really liked the first 2 so I think I skipped the 3rd one.
And as for Marvel and DC, I agree we need to watch them all... although I confess I haven't watched Aquaman yet
Old 02-19-2020, 08:40 PM
Moderator Manager

You don't like even the 1st Matrix? That movie is amazing. The last 2 were so-so and you're okay to miss them.

I haven't seen Aquaman & Wonder Woman so I'm the worst. I don't really like DC actually.

Old 02-20-2020, 06:37 PM
Moderator Manager

I remember the 1st one, and I remember that all my friends were loving it so I think I went with the flow and ended up watching it a few times, but honestly I didn't like it back then I think that maybe if I rewatch it I could come to like it better... maybe now that a 4th one is coming I'll give it a try again

I'm not really into DC either I only liked WW and Justice League (give me an action movie with comedy in it and I'm sold ). But at heart I'm way more into Marvel
Old 02-20-2020, 10:26 PM
Moderator Manager

I always re-watch that movie everytime I see it on cable. That movie set a standard to motion capture that is heavily used in films now.

Didn't Justice League get mixed reviews? But both Aquaman & Wonder Woman are DC's best films to date. I like action movies with a bit of comedy too.

Old 02-21-2020, 06:13 PM
Moderator Manager

I do remember that the visual and effects of Matrix were amazing And I LOVED the clothes they wore I bought sunglasses similar to the ones they used back then

Oh yeah, critics were very harsh towards Justice League. But I liked the comedy tone along with the action and they put all those superheroes together so that alone was fun
Wonder Woman I went to the cinemas to watch because she was the first female superhero I ever liked so I was really curious about the movie, and I already liked Gal from Fast and Furious.
As for Aquaman, as much as I love Jason Momoa I don't like Amber Heard so I'm just delaying watching it...I will eventually
Old 02-21-2020, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

YES OMG! The sunglasses they used in the movie were amazing!

LOL yeah. I don't like Amber too. They actually went here to promote the movie and there was a huge turnout just cause Hollywood stars don't ever come here. My friends went but I didn't go because I didn't want to tell my friends I don't want to see Amber in the flesh.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Right? I remember that I loved the sunglasses and the coats which was not good considering I live in a place that is hot throughout the whole year so coats are not part of our wardrobe

I get you, if you don't really like a celebrity then better not waste time chasing them down.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:28 PM
Moderator Manager

LOL same here. Coats aren't a thing here because it's mostly hot all year round.

I like Jason A LOT but Amber was gonna be there and I can't stomach her.

So it's finally confirmed about Kristofer on The Witcher S2!

Old 02-23-2020, 06:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Same about Jason and Amber I'm always mad that I missed the first Brazil CC because he was the main guest and at the time the con was super small and I think everybody there got to meet him

That's great news for Kristofer (and for us )!! I am happy about that, but I do feel like The Witcher could focus and develop so many of the characters we already got to meet in season 1.. adding all of those new characters in season 2 could backfire and not work so well for the story
Old 02-23-2020, 08:12 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm sure he'll be back there and hopefully with co-stars that we like.

Yeeeeep! Ditto to you on that. I want them to focus on what made S1 confusing for non-book readers like with the back & forth with present & past SLs. And I hope they also don't modernize it too much with the dialogue.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:29 PM
Moderator Manager

^ If he comes back, you can be sure that I'll really try to go see him

Right?! The mixed up timelines were confusing, sure I understand that they couldn't go linear because there wouldn't be time to develop all of the characters, but at the same time, and I haven't read any of the books yet, I still think they could've slowed down a bit on the happenings of the season... there were way too many things happening there that could've been left for season 2 IMO
IDK if I'm correct but I think I read somewhere that they'll keep the mixed timelines for season 2 and that actually doesn't excite me that much
Old 02-24-2020, 08:22 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree. There were some stuff that they could've expounded more for S1 and some that they should have left for S2.

I think it's fine with the back & forth if only they could've edited it properly. They just jump right in to it so the transition wasn't so good and therefore confusing.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:13 PM
Moderator Manager

I think it was creative to have the timelines being different for each character, but like you said the editing wasn't that great It got me mostly frustrated at first than awed with their creativity
Old 02-26-2020, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

And there are other shows who have intertwined current SLs with the past SLs that worked well. It was just super confusing on this show.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread