Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Catia or Chelle a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Catia and Chelle
Old 02-22-2018, 08:34 PM
Moderator Manager

That's so awesome!!! Thanks for getting this started GT
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:36 AM
Moderator Manager

OMG yay, so excited!!!

What board colors do you all want? I'll try to find something on design-seeds this weekend.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you GT

Lindsay

I am thinking a color scheme that's easy on the eye. I am thinking warm colors. Si, what colors are you thinking of?
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Moderator Manager

I like blue colors... but also, not too bright or dark.
I'll also check design seeds for some palettes
Old 02-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Oooooohh, I like blue as well. But yes, definitely not too bright or dark.

How about blue/gray or blue/silver?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
How about blue/gray or blue/silver?
If you want to look at colour schemes like that I'd recommend Googling 'blue grey design seeds' or 'blue silver design seeds'. That may be easier than searching through the design seeds website for a colour scheme you like using those two colours. I'd offer some suggestions but blue comes in such a wide variety so I wouldn't know what sort of shades you're after

Otherwise you may wish to check out the following colour scheme selections: sky, cloud, blue, metal. You can find more shades of blue here - just click a colour you like & it'll take you to colour schemes which have that shade in it

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Those color combos are so pretty.

What pictures should we use on the banner, do you have links to photoshoots that Kit has done recently?
Old 02-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't thinking of blue personally but I'm sure we can come to some compromise.
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm super exited for this one. The colors spoken of are amazing!

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Milk-tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
I wasn't thinking of blue personally but I'm sure we can come to some compromise.
What colours were you thinking then to start with your compromising?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-24-2018, 05:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Post some color schemes that you like, Vicki and we'll decide on one that everybody will like
Old 02-25-2018, 12:25 AM
Moderator Manager

Chelle, thanks for the suggestions, I like them all especially the cloud link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet creature (View Post)
What pictures should we use on the banner, do you have links to photoshoots that Kit has done recently?
I love this picture of Kit. This Tumblr site has a lot of his pictures: http://dailykitharington.tumblr.com/

And I also like this color palette.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It is preferable to look at photo galleries over tumblr. I found three: one, two, & three

Also found more pictures from that shoot Lindsay likes the picture from here . Not entirely sure how usable those pictures will be, there's really only two usable pictures in the shoot, maybe three if we rotate this picture but we try to avoid doing things like that unless we absolutely have to

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-25-2018, 07:40 AM
Moderator Manager

I love that palette Lindsay!

I always use kitharington.com for Kit's pictures
I really like the last 3 pictures on this gallery Session 033 - KitHarington.com

And some palette I liked: one, two, three, four, five, six and seven

ETA: I need to stop looking at palettes, and I just can't stop

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 02-25-2018 at 07:57 AM
Reply   Post New Thread