Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2020, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
They would have to make a deal with a streaming company for that to happen. Personally I'd prefer that because I am still not gonna go to the cinemas to watch a movie. Drive through cinemas could work but not everyone has a car.

Very nice comic book cover and it still has the plastic on.
They wouldn't need a deal. Disney owns Marvel. They could just put it on Disney+.

The comic came without the plastic. I put the bag on it. It's his first appearance. But it's more like a cameo. Dane becomes the Black Knight in the next issue. Which I haven't gotten yet.

Lindsay, I have a few issues from the 80's era of the Avengers that Dane is in. I got them randomly, and was pleasantly surprised to see he makes appearances in them. I'll try to post them.

And the bad news keeps coming:

Quote:
Disney has postponed the release of fall blockbusters such as Marvel’s “Black Widow,” Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story” and Kenneth Branagh’s “Death on the Nile” by several months. The results are bad news for the exhibition industry, which is facing fierce headwinds after closing for months due to coronavirus.

“Black Widow,” starring Scarlett Johansson, was set to debut on Nov. 6, a date that started to look increasingly unlikely as movie theaters on the coasts remained closed. Variety previously reported that the studio was eyeing a new time to unveil the film on the big screen after the disappointing performance of Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” in the U.S. and the delay of “Wonder Woman 1984.”“Black Widow” will now open on May 7, 2021.

Due to the interconnected nature of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Black Widow’s” move shifted back other installments in the superhero franchise. “Eternals,” a comic book adventure about a super-powered alien race, will debut on Nov. 5, 2021. It was previously dated for Feb. 12, 2021. Chloé Zhao directed the film, which stars Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Gemma Chan and Kumail Nanjiani.

‘Black Widow,’ ‘West Side Story,’ ‘Eternals’ Postpone Release Dates
The article is longer at the source, I just nabbed the most relevant parts to this thread.

And Kumail tweeted about it:

Last edited by wanderer78; 09-23-2020 at 05:53 PM
Old 09-23-2020, 09:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh yeah about Disney & Marvel. That slipped my mind.

Thanks for bringing over the latest news. This really sucks about the delays but somehow it's expected. People aren't going to the cinemas to watch. I heard Mulan made more than Tenet?

https://twitter.com/screenrant/statu...78408764588034

But I don't know if that's true as we can't really gauge at the moment. I know my country didn't even get those 2 movies because we don't have Disney+ and our cinemas are still closed. November 2021 is now a longer wait than February 2021.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-24-2020, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's hard to say how Mulan did in terms of money. I keep seeing different things from different sources. Personally, I'm thinking Mulan didn't pull that much money on streaming even if it did better than Tenet. If it did do well, why delay the MCU?

Here's some more analysis (please stop me ) :

Quote:
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been stopped in its tracks until 2021. On Wednesday, Variety reported that Disney has again delayed the release of Black Widow, the next scheduled Marvel film, from November 6, 2020, to May 7, 2021.

That’s the second delay for the film, which stars Scarlett Johansson as her Avengers character. It was originally scheduled for a May 1, 2020, release, before the Covid-19 pandemic led Disney to bump it to the fall. Now the film will premiere more than a year after its original date.

And with Black Widow’s rescheduling comes a domino effect for the other Marvel films in the queue: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and Eternals. Eternals had been moved from a November 6, 2020, release to February 12, 2021. Now it has again moved to November 5, 2021. Shang-Chi was first scheduled for February 12, then moved to May 7; it will now premiere on July 9.

The delay of these three movies is just the latest in a series of postponements and reactions to the worldwide pandemic. Movie theaters involve large gatherings of people, and while many theaters are now open again in the US and around the world, there isn’t a general feeling that everyone’s ready to go back to seeing movies the way we used to before the coronavirus. That “let’s all go to the movies” moment may not even come until there’s an accessible and successful vaccine.

For studios like Disney, which owns Marvel, lockdowns and social distancing have created a situation where they must decide among a few options: delay a movie, release a movie anyway, or maybe release a movie directly onto a streaming service like Disney+. Disney released New Mutants, a long-delayed X-Men spinoff it acquired when the company bought Twentieth Century Fox, in theaters in August. Disney then chose to release Mulan, first slated for theaters in March, at a premium on its Disney+ streaming service and in some theaters worldwide earlier this month. New Mutants hauled in $35 million worldwide, and while Mulan’s official digital download haul has yet to be disclosed, it’s only made $57 million in its international box office — a disappointing figure when you consider it cost around $200 million to make.

The lack of box office enthusiasm and low prospects for budget recuperation, as well as factors like some theaters not being open and people still having qualms about sitting in a theater for two hours, may be the reason Marvel decided to push Black Widow to 2021.

But because this is Marvel, and Marvel has a connected universe and a lengthy schedule of movies ahead, a Black Widow push means a push for every subsequent Marvel film. Shang-Chi, Marvel’s first superhero movie with a predominantly Asian and Asian American cast, was originally set to follow Black Widow’s and Eternals’s 2020 releases. Both Shang-Chi and Eternals, the latter of which is helmed by award-winning director Chloé Zhao, are set to introduce new characters to the MCU and perhaps give us more forward-looking stories than Black Widow will. (Black Widow is a prequel of sorts, and takes place before the events of Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame.)

Eternals also stars big-name actors including Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, Kit Harington, and Kumail Nanjiani, fueling further interest. There’s an added layer of excitement surrounding that film because of Zhao’s talent and rising profile. Zhao’s new film Nomadland, starring Frances McDormand, is set for a December 4 release and is considered an Oscar frontrunner after winning the coveted Audience Award at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

With these delays, the first glimpse into a post-Endgame Marvel Universe may be the weird and wacky Disney+ TV series WandaVision. It has no release date yet but is expected to hit Disney+ by the end of this year. Marvel has said its television shows will tie into the movie universe — a universe we’ll have to wait a few more months to pick back up again.

Marvel pushes Black Widow to 2021, delaying the MCU’s future even further
Old 09-24-2020, 08:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohhh over an year to wait for Eternals now but I agree with Kumail, it's not the best of time to release a movie, specially if they want it to be a hit
Old 09-24-2020, 10:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah I feel like that's probably just Disney doing their PR for Mulan as there's a lot of negative reviews for the movie as well.

Thanks for that article. All things considered, since The Eternals is Marvel, then people will surely watch and maybe even brave the cinemas just to see the movie. I can see this with Black Widow as well.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's so crazy. The movie was originally supposed to come out this past summer, right? I first learned about it at Ace Comic Con. Kit's interviewer announced it right before he came out. I was really behind on pop culture because of school and work. I can't believe that was almost a year ago. It feels like it was a few years ago.

Anyways, here's what Kit said about the Eternals in his Telegraph interview:

Quote:
Projects that Harington did manage to complete include guest-starring in an episode of the David Tennant-led police drama Criminal for Netflix, and playing a character called Dane Whitman in the new Marvel film, The Eternals.

According to my investigations, Whitman is a descendant of an Arthurian knight called Sir Percy of Scandia. He rides a horse called Aragorn and wields a blade called Black Ebony. Sadly Harington can neither confirm nor deny any of this intel. He can't even tell me if he gets to wear a cool superhero outfit. "I've lost count of how many NDAs I've had to sign," he says.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Plus if The Eternals would have a part 2, shouldn't they already start shooting for that by now (if there was no pandemic, I mean)?

The NDAs part cracked me up because it's so true.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really is
Old 09-26-2020, 09:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Kit can't escape questions like that. Well, he's MCU now. He'll be asked questions like that a looooot.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes he will, lol
Old 09-27-2020, 04:25 PM
Moderator Manager

One would think that by now he would be a pro at that
Old 09-27-2020, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same
Old 09-28-2020, 01:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Right? Throughout his career he's asked questions like that all the time. He's probably sick and tired of it but it comes with the job.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:14 PM
Moderator Manager

And at the same time, he's the perfect actor to hire for hush-hush things like that as he knows how to keep his mouth shut
Old 09-28-2020, 09:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Precisely. And the fact that he doesn't do social media also helps that he won't be tempted to post anything like BTS or set pics.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread