Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I've been in the States in November, but not at the end. I should have timed it better
Old 11-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yes you definitely should have Rita!

Lindsay - yes! they are definitely excited. They know they get presents

Hi Vicki and Hannah
Old 11-19-2017, 11:53 PM
Moderator Manager

I hope everyone enjoys the week. Last not-so busy week for me before month end again.

Amy, for sure. And it's just great to see their reactions to opening presents.

Anyone have plans for the holidays already?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

yes Lindsay that's the best part of the day. Seeing their faces light up with the presents and how excited they are for the holiday.

I hope month end close goes smoothly for you.

We don't have big plans - just getting together with family How about you? Do you have plans?
Old 11-21-2017, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

I just got home last night for my break. It seems my family's house is going to be like an Inn this thanksgiving. With myself, my dad, my dad's girlfriend, my two brothers, my brother in-law, my brother's girlfriend, my step-sister, her husband, and their two kids. Oh...and I cannot forget about the three dogs. I offered to sleep on the couch but they let me stay in my own room, while everyone else is slumming it on the couches and in the basement.

Being at college has really made me appreciate family and I am SO glad to finally be home. It's a shame on Sunday I go back. At least I am only back at college for about another 2 weeks before I get to go on break for the winter session...so I get to be home from Dec 14th to Jan 22nd.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 11-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Hannah that sounds so awesome to have so many family members surrounding you I hope you have an amazing time visiting with everyone Being away from home can be so tough.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

I'm enjoying it so far...especially the company of the little kids. They're so cute. I used to not like kids so much. . .but now that I'm getting older I'm wanting kids of my own.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 11-21-2017, 08:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Hi guys!
So, I'm back... and my time off was amazing, super fun Now it's back to reality where work was waiting for me

Lindsay, no plans for the Holidays for me yet... probably just family gathering, nothing fancy

Hannah I'm so happy that you're going to have a great time with the family It's great to come back home to a full house And living away from home really makes us appreciate that. And it's great that Thanksgiving and the Holidays are so close, that will make you enjoy family a lot more

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
To be honest it varies from family to family depending on individual family traditions and preferences. This is what my family typically does:

Appetizers: Cheese dip (queso, rotel, hamburger), guacamole, shrimp cocktail, Rasberry chipotle sauce poured over cream cheese that you eat with crackers,

Main meal: Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mash potatoes, cranberry sauce, broccoli salad (raw broccoli florets, diced red onion, dried cranberries, sunflower seed, diced cooked bacon, and shredded cheese. It's all mixed together along with a dressing made from mayo, vinegar, and sugar), broccoli rice and cheese, pork and chicken tamales, and Kings Hawaiian rolls.

Dessert: Apple pie, cherry pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and Watergate Salad (cool whip, pineapple, walnuts, mini marshmallows, and instant pistachio pudding mix all mixed together)

And there will also be lots of wine involved. My family loves their wine.

We are seriously ridiculous But we divide up all the leftovers and it feeds all our different families for days

The key to success is small portions or you'll never make it through the day
Thanks for the details Amy!!
I LOVE the menu!! Everything sounds so yummy, from appetizers to dessert Some of those I have never tried before like the broccoli salad, Kings Hawaiian rolls... but they are definitely on my list of things to try

And wine you gotta have good wine for good food

The best part of family gatherings usually are the leftovers I LOVE that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
Si, I have a 6 year old border collie named Benji. which breed of dog do you have?

Im going to a health spa for a week in 10 days time I cannot wait.I just need to get away and take time out for some pampering and therapy.
Then when I come back it's hosting a children's party, my nephew will be 7 years old.
I just love Christmas for the children.

Do you guys get alot of snow in the wintertime where you live?
Ohh border collies are so cute! My dogs are German Shepherds called Hunter and Clark.

That is going to be fun, Vicki!! Taking time to yourself is always a great thing I really hope you enjoy the pampering

No snow for me I live in a place that is basically hot/sunny the whole year
Old 11-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Amy, it's always such a nice thing to see the kids all excited for Christmas indeed. We're (as usual) going out of town for the holidays and then the Christmas party and New Years party which both happen one week of each other so very hectic for everyone of us around the world.

Hannah, I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving celebrations this weekend.

Si, no snow over here either. And also no storms there right, very rare.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Moderator Manager

I love the rushness of Christmas and New Year's celebration... it's always convoluted but fun at the same time Also, two of my favorite holidays of the year in a week space

You are right, Lindsay... and specifically where I live we usually don't have big climatic changes... so the worst is heat wave for some weeks (now those are awful ) but other than that it's pretty calm
Old 11-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

Where are you trvaelling to, Lindsay?

Going away for the holidays would be ideal and more better in some ways but my family are quite traditional with staying at home so couldn't imagine it different, to be honest.

Hannah, wow what a large family That's awesome
Old 11-22-2017, 12:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Hannah was I was younger I didn't care much for kids either I think it's normal to not be interested in kids until your at an age where you're ready to settle down more. I hope your holiday is amazing!

Si if you get a chance to try those dishes you'll have to tell me what you think Glad you had fun on your trip! Hope your first few days back at work aren't too bad.

Lindsay I hope you have a great Holiday trip! Are you traveling to be with other family members?

That's awesome that you have such a big family Vicki

My hubby just got home from work so our long Holiday weekend has begun
Old 11-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi everyone!

We're in Thanksgiving preparation mode at my mom's house. We've picked up our turkeys and hams, we're in the process of making stuffing right now. I'll bake my pies in a little while...pumpkin and pecan. Dinner will be at my sister's house since she has more space and we're having dinner for 25 this year.

Amy...we are very food intensive as well. I look forward to and dread this time of year.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:46 AM
Moderator Manager

Si, where's the nearest country you can visit that has snow?

Vicki, just a local, out of town thing for the holidays. The province since we live in the city. Are you done or have you already started Christmas shopping?

Amy & Deb, enjoy Thanksgiving weekend!

Old 11-23-2017, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Thanksgiving to those to celebrate!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread